[1.3.0] Kerbalism v1.2.9

ShotgunNinja

No, a better insulation will reduce the thermal gradient, the regolith close to the walls will get hotter and finally the walls will be touched by the molten mass. At page 28 they explains that the molten regolith is really corrosive and after just few hours is able to erode the crucible. However at page 38 there is a hope: heat recuperation outside the walls could be an effective avenue for reducing energy requirements by 20-40%. So at least 40% can be cut. May be more considering that the resulting heat could be used to help the climatization and other processes.

A possible alternative to better balance di process within the gameplay could be to reduce the energy consume assuming also a corrosion resistant crucible.

Process
  {
    name = molten regolith electrolysis
    modifier = _MRE
    input = [email protected] // 2 kW MRE reactor at 2300 K with heat recuperation and corrosion resistant crucible 
    input = [email protected]
    output = [email protected]
    output = [email protected]
    // Slag is wasted
  }

Edited by Basilicofresco

On 9/2/2017 at 0:02 PM, Iso-Polaris said:

I would appreciate a possibility to build a self-sustainable planetary colony without kerbals breakdown because of  "stress" level.

I need a way to reduce stress level (not slow it down) to 0% after I put kerbals in a beautiful base I made on another planet, which means no mental breakdown events WITHOUT FREEZING THEM

consider the mental breakdown as their eventual deaths

On 9/2/2017 at 1:53 PM, theJesuit said:

You will also need to turn on Signal (KerbNet) in your save's persistance.cfg file.  It isn't kerbalism per say, well it is as Kerbalism's signal option turns off kerbnet, but turning off Kerbalism Signal doesn't bring back the stock signal thing.

I don't know if that is clear or not.

Peace.

disabling kerbalisms signal doesn't bring back stock signal and kerbnet?

1 hour ago, The-Doctor said:

disabling kerbalisms signal doesn't bring back stock signal and kerbnet?

It does, but doesn't re-enble it in the save file, so it doesn't work, or there is a second line to be change which kerbalism doesn't change back.

But this only affects saves that were started with the Kerbalism's Signal mechanic switched on, then has it switched off.

Peace.

@ShotgunNinja there should be a system where a base eliminates stress and homesickness while a space station should only eliminate homesickness, this should be done by saying a certain number of habs erase those things and the reason bases should eliminate homesickness AND stress, is that being a base, it reminds the Kerbals of being home and being on a surface, removes their stress of something in orbit destroying them or of them suffering decompression among other dangers space stations face that bases do not. This would allow players to create self sustaining colonies with kerbalism, something I plan to do one day and something you've seen other players are trying to do

You can also build in to Kerbalism a new function called bio-hazard, this could be merged in with science where a science experiment involves the search for life and includes scanning areas for "biological matter" and that this biological matter must be accessed in the science lab without returning to Kerbin cause it would significantly reduce reputation. The bio-hazard would be a function that all kerbals that landed on another celestial body experiences, if they land on Duna the bio-hazard sign would be much higher than if they simply land on the mun, if they land on Laythe the bio-hazard would be a lot more than Duna. The bio-hazard amount can be reduced to zero if Kerbals spend a month in a space station with a bio-hazard facility, the bio-hazard facility would be a function that 5 Hitchhiker pods would have, it could be extended to other parts of other mods. @ShotgunNinja what do you think of my idea?

Hi all,

let's start saying that this mod is amazing and ksp would not be the same without this one, now i am missing something....

How Kerbalism Handle Ksp stock comm net, it is replaced and disabled by default ? or it just work with him?, it's the first time i'm playing with comm net enabled but I can't figure out how this work, please, somebody help this noob deal with kerbalism...

sorry for the bad english guys...,

Cheers,:)

1 hour ago, Boomer said:

Hi all,

let's start saying that this mod is amazing and ksp would not be the same without this one, now i am missing something....

How Kerbalism Handle Ksp stock comm net, it is replaced and disabled by default ? or it just work with him?, it's the first time i'm playing with comm net enabled but I can't figure out how this work, please, somebody help this noob deal with kerbalism...

sorry for the bad english guys...,

Cheers,:)

Kerbalism does disable the Stock Comm Net.  This takes places in the kerbalism settings.cfg file.  (Kerbalism's replacement is active when Signal = True).

It is a little complicated to reinstate the stock system with a save, and as kerbalism's settings are global (affecting all saves), it even affects old saves once Kerblism is installed and the continue with your old save.  Even if you remove the mod, it can mean that the stock system isn't reinstated.  For that you must change a line in the save persistence file.

If you aren't too far into a Save, my recommendation if you don't want the Kerbalism's signal mechanic is that you start a new save AFTER you have changed to Signal = False.

Peace.

17 minutes ago, theJesuit said:

Kerbalism does disable the Stock Comm Net.  This takes places in the kerbalism settings.cfg file.  (Kerbalism's replacement is active when Signal = True).

It is a little complicated to reinstate the stock system with a save, and as kerbalism's settings are global (affecting all saves), it even affects old saves once Kerblism is installed and the continue with your old save.  Even if you remove the mod, it can mean that the stock system isn't reinstated.  For that you must change a line in the save persistence file.

If you aren't too far into a Save, my recommendation if you don't want the Kerbalism's signal mechanic is that you start a new save AFTER you have changed to Signal = False.

Peace.

How does Kerbalism handle RT?

4 hours ago, Jacke said:

How well does Kerbalism work with the stock CommNet/KerbNet if its own signal system is disabled from the start.

Personally I disable both Science and Signal from the start but have my own config which copies the changes to the science experiments such as value changes and one run per biome.  I think the science config is included in Simplified in my signature.  I like the value changes and not having to run experiments several times, and returning material bay and goo back to Kerbin, but got tired of the long transmission waits.

Peace.

9 hours ago, theJesuit said:

Peace.

OK, got it, thanks for the reply, but i still not able to make a proper relay network...

how relays function ?

i need an high gain antenna alone or an high gain plus a low gain one for making a relay network work ?

how would i set up kerbalism so that it leaves life support to MKS, but acts as backround processor, part failure model, science transmission changes(without replacing stock comment for KOSs sake?), and its scripting.

what parts of these are possible?

I am enjoying Kerbalism a lot. It offers a lot of intuitive functionality without being overwhelming. The implementation also makes a lot of sense and the minimalistic interface provides a lot of control over craft functions. I especially appreciate the ability to prioritize science transmissions. 

Thumbs up!

Is there any way we can keep failures but adjust timewarp killing by the mod? I have lots of satellites and stations so if I timewarp at full speed to just get to Duna or something my timewarp gets interrupted 5-6 times. Turning off notifications for EVERY vehicle is a bit cumbersome as well.

@Pand5461 If you click on the Kerbalism GUI toolbar on the top right, click on the ship in question, then press the CFG text on the bottom of the little window. It'll have four options for notifications that you can turn off.

Edited by theSpeare