[1.3.0] Kerbalism v1.2.9

ShotgunNinja

5 hours ago, Sorabh said:

Hello,

I am currently playing a Kerbalism game and i am planning to use Extraplanetary Launchpads for manufacturing my ships offworld.

However I observed that "Shielding" is not a transferrable resource. So I was wondering how do I shield the habitats of the ships that I create with Extraplanetary Launchpads.

You can specify the 'recipe' for manufacture of other resources such as shielding I think and then EPL will generate shielding as required when making the parts.

This will requite to delve into the cg settings for EPL. The recipe could be as simple as just using Ore.

I think I'm on the right track but not sure.  It should be the same as manfacturing solid fuel and such.  

Peace.

29 minutes ago, the_machemer said:

Is there some setting or files that can be deleted to make convert-o-trons vanilla?

It's defined in GameData/Kerbalism/Profiles/Default.cfg, starting at line 906.  Not sure what the cleanest way to disable it is.

@PART[kerbalism-chemicalplant,MiniISRU,ISRU,smallISRU]:NEEDS[ProfileDefault]:FOR[Kerbalism]
{
  !MODULE[ModuleResourceConverter]:HAS[#ConverterName[Lf+Ox]] {}
  !MODULE[ModuleResourceConverter]:HAS[#ConverterName[LiquidFuel]] {}
  !MODULE[ModuleResourceConverter]:HAS[#ConverterName[Oxidizer]] {}
  !MODULE[ModuleResourceConverter]:HAS[#ConverterName[Monoprop]] {}
  !MODULE[ModuleResourceConverter]:HAS[#ConverterName[MonoPropellant]] {}

What if I just remove the exclamation marks at the beginning of each line? What might happen?

And BTW modding a mod seems so.... weird... Like a natural order is being disturbed..

Edit: Remove those exclamation marks and the stock convertors will regain their ability to produce LFO and monoprop.. Dang... its like I am meddling with powers beyond my ken....

@the_machemer

Edited by Sorabh
An Update

11 hours ago, lordcirth said:

It's defined in GameData/Kerbalism/Profiles/Default.cfg, starting at line 906.  Not sure what the cleanest way to disable it is.

9 hours ago, Sorabh said:

@PART[kerbalism-chemicalplant,MiniISRU,ISRU,smallISRU]:NEEDS[ProfileDefault]:FOR[Kerbalism]
{
  !MODULE[ModuleResourceConverter]:HAS[#ConverterName[Lf+Ox]] {}
  !MODULE[ModuleResourceConverter]:HAS[#ConverterName[LiquidFuel]] {}
  !MODULE[ModuleResourceConverter]:HAS[#ConverterName[Oxidizer]] {}
  !MODULE[ModuleResourceConverter]:HAS[#ConverterName[Monoprop]] {}
  !MODULE[ModuleResourceConverter]:HAS[#ConverterName[MonoPropellant]] {}

What if I just remove the exclamation marks at the beginning of each line? What might happen?

And BTW modding a mod seems so.... weird... Like a natural order is being disturbed..

Edit: Remove those exclamation marks and the stock convertors will regain their ability to produce LFO and monoprop.. Dang... its like I am meddling with powers beyond my ken....

@the_machemer

Thanks guys, never would'a figured that one out on my own. 

As for modding mods, I guess it just comes down to one's own game purity/difficulty philosophy. I've been heavily spoiled by Skyrim modding and have become intolerant of even the slightest gameplay irritation. So personally, I've got no qualms. :D

@ShotgunNinja , I have a question. I have recently started playing a new career with multiple star systems (Kerbalism supports all the planet packs, thanks for that), and even with futuristic engines, creating interstellar voyages and colonizing planets means kerbals won't be returning to Kerbin. Upon reaching the destination planets, life support resources can be replenished, but I can't find a way to heal radiation sickness and prevent mental breakdown. Even with extremely roomy craft with maximum radiation protection, the eventual build-up is inevitable. Are there any ways, even if expensive ones, to heal these effects without disabling these features altogether?

1 hour ago, aluc24 said:

@ShotgunNinja , I have a question. I have recently started playing a new career with multiple star systems (Kerbalism supports all the planet packs, thanks for that), and even with futuristic engines, creating interstellar voyages and colonizing planets means kerbals won't be returning to Kerbin. Upon reaching the destination planets, life support resources can be replenished, but I can't find a way to heal radiation sickness and prevent mental breakdown. Even with extremely roomy craft with maximum radiation protection, the eventual build-up is inevitable. Are there any ways, even if expensive ones, to heal these effects without disabling these features altogether?

Deep Freeze them.  That resets the Kerbals I believe.  It's possibly a little OPed and I've never used it, but that is a wirk around.

I think there is plan for the future to develop a hospital module but I'm not sure and ShotgunNinja is away currently so don't hang out for it.

Peace.

2 minutes ago, theJesuit said:

Deep Freeze them.  That resets the Kerbals I believe.  It's possibly a little OPed and I've never used it, but that is a wirk around.

I think there is plan for the future to develop a hospital module but I'm not sure and ShotgunNinja is away currently so don't hang out for it.

Peace.

Wow, I wasn't aware that DP actually resets these stats. I thought it just freezes them at the current value. Alright, thanks, I will use it from now on!

4 minutes ago, aluc24 said:

Wow, I wasn't aware that DP actually resets these stats. I thought it just freezes them at the current value. Alright, thanks, I will use it from now on!

You're welcome, but the information I have is third hand (at the best second hand) so I wouldn't put a career mode on the line for it.  May require some testing first :)

Peace.

Hello,

Which attributes do I add to a heat shield to make it a radiation absorber at the cost of ablator? I have observed that LV-N engines literally bake the crew, even when they are turned off.. A heat shield with this config will make do for a radiation shield.

It wont be OP, for a non transferrable resource will be used to protect against radiation...

3 minutes ago, Sorabh said:

Hello,

Which attributes do I add to a heat shield to make it a radiation absorber at the cost of ablator? I have observed that LV-N engines literally bake the crew, even when they are turned off.. A heat shield with this config will make do for a radiation shield.

It wont be OP, for a non transferrable resource will be used to protect against radiation...

I don't think Kerbalism has direct support for consuming a resource as shielding.  Shotgunninja did say that he intended to rework the engine radiation mechanics so craft design mattered, and until then he might turn off the emission.  Personally I'd just turn down the emission to 1/5 or 1/10th of now.

@azoz Go the github release page, you can get all the old versions from there. I suggest that you upgrade at least to KSP 1.1.3, since the Kerbalism version for 1.1.0 was a beta and had a lot of bugs. In all cases, these old versions are very different from the current one.

Latest version for KSP 1.1.0 : Kerbalism 0.9.9.4

Latest version for KSP 1.1.2 : Kerbalism 1.0.2

Latest version for KSP 1.1.3 : Kerbalism 1.1.4

Hey guys, I am using Kerbalism with  Kopernicus and KSS (Kerbal Star Systems), which re-parents the Sun. As a result, solar panels do not work with Kerbalism. They don't produce any EC, and don't track the Sun either (I think they are trying to track the galactic core or something). How can I fix this? I believe I saw somewhere that Kerbalism is compatible with multi-system mods.

Been looking around but cant find any setting for moving/resizing the UI. Im using a 4k monitor, and would be great to see the text and it not overlapping other UI elements. Is there a way to do this, or if not, is it planned for a future update?

1 hour ago, aluc24 said:

Hey guys, I am using Kerbalism with  Kopernicus and KSS (Kerbal Star Systems), which re-parents the Sun. As a result, solar panels do not work with Kerbalism. They don't produce any EC, and don't track the Sun either (I think they are trying to track the galactic core or something). How can I fix this? I believe I saw somewhere that Kerbalism is compatible with multi-system mods.

KSS doesn't provide compatibility with Kerbalism yet :P

2 hours ago, TheSpacePotato said:

I don't know about that one. You'll have to ask the devs of Galactic Neighborhood about that one :P

I tested it, and it doesn't work... Is there any multi-system mod that works with Kerbalism at this moment? :D

2 minutes ago, aluc24 said:

I tested it, and it doesn't work... Is there any multi-system mod that works with Kerbalism at this moment? :D

I don't believe so. Kerbalism seems to be hard-wired to see the center of the Kerbal universe as the one and only star.

1 minute ago, Scotskerb said:

I don't believe so. Kerbalism seems to be hard-wired to see the center of the Kerbal universe as the one and only star.

So there is no hope of making it work with multi systems?

3 minutes ago, aluc24 said:

So there is no hope of making it work with multi systems?

One could fork the repo and change it.  It shouldn't be an insurmountable problem.  There are other issues & pull requests left hanging on Github during ShotgunNinja's absence that I personally would want to see fixed first.