[1.3.0] Kerbalism v1.2.9

ShotgunNinja

I've recently run into a series of errors when I try to launch my game. In CKAN I choose to install all the listed compatible mods (on the forum), and the first page of suggested additions to said mods (in CKAN), when I go to launch the game, it says:

1 error related to GameData/Kerbalism/Support/EPL.cfg

1 error related to GameData/Kerbalism/Support/JX2Antenna.cfg

4 errors related to GameData/Kerbalism/Support/OrbitalScience.cfg

1 error related to GameData/Kerbalism/Support/SoundingRockets.cfg

And some others which are quite mushed together on-top of eachother. I have no idea what is causing this, or how to fix it. Does anyone know how I could diagnose the problem or does anyone have experience with this?

Edit: I also unlocked the pressurized tank and other life support containers, but only the planetary base ones show up.

Thank you in advance.

Edited by CaspersDK

Having an issue where flagging science for transmission doesn't add to the science value. If I don't transmit it and recover the vessel instead, then the science value is actually added. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if it's a bug.

EDIT: Should probably mention this is KSP 1.2.2 in an RSS/RO/RP-1 career. Version 1.2.8 of Kerbalism, with the signal and automation modules disabled (as I have RemoteTech and KOS installed).

Edited by xXshadowXx

1 hour ago, CaspersDK said:

I've recently run into a series of errors when I try to launch my game. In CKAN I choose to install all the listed compatible mods (on the forum), and the first page of suggested additions to said mods (in CKAN), when I go to launch the game, it says:

1 error related to GameData/Kerbalism/Support/EPL.cfg

1 error related to GameData/Kerbalism/Support/JX2Antenna.cfg

4 errors related to GameData/Kerbalism/Support/OrbitalScience.cfg

1 error related to GameData/Kerbalism/Support/SoundingRockets.cfg

And some others which are quite mushed together on-top of eachother. I have no idea what is causing this, or how to fix it. Does anyone know how I could diagnose the problem or does anyone have experience with this?

Edit: I also unlocked the pressurized tank and other life support containers, but only the planetary base ones show up.

Thank you in advance.

The first are due to MM changes in MM 3.0.1.  Use an earlier version of MM to avoid it. Or edit the files to remove the doubled up expressions.  Check the MM forum page for details.

The Kerbalism tab in the VAB doesnt show in 1.3.1.  There is a patch last page or so that will add the parts to utility tab.

Peace.

3 hours ago, xXshadowXx said:

Having an issue where flagging science for transmission doesn't add to the science value. If I don't transmit it and recover the vessel instead, then the science value is actually added. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if it's a bug.

EDIT: Should probably mention this is KSP 1.2.2 in an RSS/RO/RP-1 career. Version 1.2.8 of Kerbalism, with the signal and automation modules disabled (as I have RemoteTech and KOS installed).

If you look at the Data tab of the Kerbalism widget, does it show the data going down, ie transmitting?

2 hours ago, xXshadowXx said:

Yes, data is going down, there just isn't a science point increase once I go back to the space centre. 

You'd don't get total science points instantly, depending on the size of the data the science points go up gradually. 

1 hour ago, Nathangun said:

You'd don't get total science points instantly, depending on the size of the data the science points go up gradually. 

Ah I see, so although science is transmitted from the vessel, it requires "analysis" before your science points increase and you're able to use it for R&D? This is despite the fact that the data is of reusable experiments (Barometer, thermometer and telemetry analysis)?

Edited by xXshadowXx

Just now, xXshadowXx said:

Ah I see, so although science is transmitted from the vessel, it requires "analysis" before your science points increase and you're able to use it for R&D?

Not quite.  As the data transmits you get the Science bit by bit.  Once transmission is finished you should have all the Science.  It's probably a buggy interaction with Remotetech.  Just wondering, why bother using Remotetech when Kerbalism has a similar system built in?

21 minutes ago, lordcirth said:

Not quite.  As the data transmits you get the Science bit by bit.  Once transmission is finished you should have all the Science.  It's probably a buggy interaction with Remotetech.  Just wondering, why bother using Remotetech when Kerbalism has a similar system built in?

Ah, well I'm not getting the transmitted science at all. Ummm...because I like the Remotetech system and I know how it works? I don't know haha

Just ran a little test, turns out that the science value was 0 anyway so it won't be an issue with kerbalism or a conflict with another mod. I assume it's a RO/RSS thing that makes science around the KSC have a value of 0. Slightly odd, but I suppose milking science like that isn't very realistic.

Album kcu0dJS will appear when post is submitted

Thanks for the help though!

Edited by xXshadowXx

3 hours ago, xXshadowXx said:

Just ran a little test, turns out that the science value was 0 anyway so it won't be an issue with kerbalism or a conflict with another mod. I assume it's a RO/RSS thing that makes science around the KSC have a value of 0. Slightly odd, but I suppose milking science like that isn't very realistic.

Album kcu0dJS will appear when post is submitted

Thanks for the help though!

Should be able to gather science around KSC, as far as I can remember.

And another thing, you won't get to gather science above biome 'X' or high over biome'X'.

Just high over Earth, low over Earth etc etc...

11 minutes ago, Nathangun said:

Should be able to gather science around KSC, as far as I can remember.

And another thing, you won't get to gather science above biome 'X' or high over biome'X'.

Just high over Earth, low over Earth etc etc...

Hmm, xscience is showing that the data doesn't have any value either, not sure if that's something to do with RSS etc. or what.

Album NU8ftVd will appear when post is submitted

Forum-specific question: I posted comments on this thread, like, more than a year ago.  (I don't regret that.)  However, I've been trying to unfollow this thread so that I don't have to contend with notification icons and emails every time someone else asks a question.

Note that I have actually clicked the "unfollow" control in the upper right of the browser window here.  I've also accessed my notification preferences on this thread to indicate that I wish to receive no notifications.  What am I doing wrong?  It seems to be specific to this thread, as I've successfully unfollowed other posts, and am correctly receiving notifications from the threads I do wish to follow.

1 hour ago, ephemeralkap said:

Hey, I'm having trouble producing Ammonia, I don't seem to have any parts that are called anything like Chemical Plant, what could I be doing wrong?

Too little ibnfo to trouble shoot. I assume you are in science or career mode?

Perhaps start a new sandbox save and check if it is there.

If not check its cfg file and see which techtree node it is supposed to be in.  Then look at your original save if it is there.

If it is tech tree then the ksp 1.3.1 kerbalism patch available on previous pages might not have it placed in the utilities tab.  I'm also assuming that you are in 1.3.1 ksp.

Peace.

On 1/21/2018 at 1:55 PM, theJesuit said:

Alternatively you could use MM to decrease the volume available for that part.  This is probably the easiest and best solution.

Peace.

Thanks very much! I gave this a whirl by adding a section to Kerbalism's Habitat.cfg. I haven't tested it fully to confirm that the stress of the kerbals is going up, but I can confirm that they don't instantly explode into flames or anything.

On a related note, I understand that ISS astronauts have mentioned that their lettuce garden is a lot of fun, and I wonder if having one on a station might reduce stress. How would you suggest I go about that?

Thanks again!

@PART[Tantares_Crew_1]:NEEDS[FeatureHabitat]:AFTER[Kerbalism]
{
    @MODULE[Habitat]
    {
        volume = 1.88
        surface = 5.67
    }
}

3 hours ago, John Nowak said:

Thanks very much! I gave this a whirl by adding a section to Kerbalism's Habitat.cfg. I haven't tested it fully to confirm that the stress of the kerbals is going up, but I can confirm that they don't instantly explode into flames or anything.

On a related note, I understand that ISS astronauts have mentioned that their lettuce garden is a lot of fun, and I wonder if having one on a station might reduce stress. How would you suggest I go about that?

The greenhouse I think already has a volume area - from memory it requires nitrogen to maintain pressure for the plants to grow.  It may also then provide habitable space which would decrease stress.  Check if that is the case.  If not then the optional wet workshop conversion cfg that is normally off cold be looked at to see how it works.

Peace.

9 hours ago, theJesuit said:

The greenhouse I think already has a volume area - from memory it requires nitrogen to maintain pressure for the plants to grow.  It may also then provide habitable space which would decrease stress.  Check if that is the case.  If not then the optional wet workshop conversion cfg that is normally off cold be looked at to see how it works.

Peace.

This is correct.  While the greenhouse has 0 crew capacity in terms of stationing them there, it has significant living volume, a nice bonus.  This also means that shielding it is important for the crew, as well as to speed plant growth.  Unfortunately full shielding is several tons.

2 hours ago, filipucci said:

Hello,
Thank you for this great job!
Could you upgrade to version 1.3.1 please

The author, ShotgunNinja, is currently absent.  There is a small patch that makes it work in 1.3.1:

On 13/01/2018 at 11:10 AM, Nathangun said:

https://github.com/ShotgunNinja/Kerbalism/issues/162#issuecomment-338810899

I created a cfg file for ya.Drop into the Kerbalism folder (use Module Manager 2.8.1).

Kerbalism 1.3.1 cfg file

Hi @Nathangun

Could you please add the line

@PART[kerbalism-geigercounter]:HAS[@MODULE[*]]:FINAL { @category = Science }

To your patch as it is missing the geiger counter which is most useful under science :). I couldn't find it in my new Career Save.

This patch does work with Module Manager 3.0.1.

Peace.