[1.3.0] Kerbalism v1.2.9

ShotgunNinja

50 minutes ago, b0ss said:

Anyone know if it's possible to get this to work with Stockalike Station Parts?

Of course, it will be. I saw a video of this mod and I really liked it.

2 hours ago, lordcirth said:

The biggest one is CryoTanks. ....... Also, fixing the Kerbalism custom category instead of the Utility patch would be great.

I have CryoTanks in my task list.

About custom category , I already fixed it in Kerbalism-Continued.

2 hours ago, lordcirth said:

Ready to go pull requests are also waiting (I see you got mine, thanks!):

https://github.com/ShotgunNinja/Kerbalism/pull/150

https://github.com/ShotgunNinja/Kerbalism/pull/140

Neither of these have any downside that I'm aware of.

These request has been included in AdvancedEC fork.

Also I invited @lordcirth to be part of the project.

If you accept, I will grant you permission to write.

Say, I'm not so adept at understanding how KSP's files work and how mods (or at least this mod) interacts with it and each other. For example, will scrubbers, radiation shielding, Quality of Life, climate control, etc. automatically be added to command pods and habitats from other mods, or does that need to be manually edited in the files with Notepad? And what about greenhouses, storage containers, etc. from other mods?

3 minutes ago, b0ss said:

Say, I'm not so adept at understanding how KSP's files work and how mods (or at least this mod) interacts with it and each other. For example, will scrubbers, radiation shielding, Quality of Life, climate control, etc. automatically be added to command pods and habitats from other mods, or does that need to be manually edited in the files with Notepad? And what about greenhouses, storage containers, etc. from other mods?

You need create a .cfg that support those parts.

Each node from .cfg will contain information about module that part will have.

Sometimes we create a file to support other mod, but sometimes who is creating the other mod create a file to support Kerbalism.

@HaullyGames Howdy. I couldn't help but notice a matter of resources earlier in this thread. If I may make a related request/suggestion: It would be a good idea if you and fellow Kerbalism experts can settle on refactoring the remaining resources. It could be a big step towards making this more compatible with others.

Kerbalism currently keeps repeat definitions for all of its resources, repeats of those that exist in CRP. These definitions also have different or missing stats versus CRP, which causes warnings to be thrown and may interfere with other mods that use these resources. Fixing this requires a few deletions and possible other changes in GameData/Kerbalism/System/Resources.cfg. If you accept, I'll send a revised file myself and I'll give further advice concerning resources and making them useful and appropriate in Kerbalism.

3 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@HaullyGames Howdy. I couldn't help but notice a matter of resources earlier in this thread. If I may make a related request/suggestion: It would be a good idea if you and fellow Kerbalism experts can settle on refactoring the remaining resources. It could be a big step towards making this more compatible with others.

Kerbalism currently keeps repeat definitions for all of its resources, repeats of those that exist in CRP. These definitions also have different or missing stats versus CRP, which causes warnings to be thrown and may interfere with other mods that use these resources. Fixing this requires a few deletions and possible other changes in GameData/Kerbalism/System/Resources.cfg. If you accept, I'll send a revised file myself and I'll give further advice concerning resources and making them useful and appropriate in Kerbalism.

Hello @JadeOfMaar,

That was a good idea, if you've worked on it, share it with us.

Is Kerbalism supposed to make the Dmagic Little Brother and Big Brother recon science non-transmissable? When I attempt to trasmit I get the must be returned error message. Is there somewhere I can change this?

I have a ton of mods so there may just be a conflict but I'm not sure if it is working as intended or not. 

31 minutes ago, Godit said:

Is Kerbalism supposed to make the Dmagic Little Brother and Big Brother recon science non-transmissable? When I attempt to trasmit I get the must be returned error message. Is there somewhere I can change this?

I have a ton of mods so there may just be a conflict but I'm not sure if it is working as intended or not. 

Are you talking about "Little Brother Surveillance Camera" and "Big Brother Stereo Surveillance Camera"? These are the only parts that I found with this name in DMagicOrbitalScience.

If yes, Kerbalism doesn't change the antenna in those parts, but those parts are not an antenna.

If no, please send me the right part name.

The original part DMagicOrbitalScience has no information about the transmitter in those parts!

GameData\DMagicOrbitalScience\OversizeScience\LargeRecon.cfg (Big Brother)

GameData\DMagicOrbitalScience\OversizeScience\SmallRecon.cfg (Little Brother)

Edited by HaullyGames

1 hour ago, Godit said:

yes it's possible Kerbalism could be making it a non-transmissible experiment. check the xmitScalar size in the part configs. More info:

On 4/2/2017 at 8:49 PM, Drew Kerman said:

You sound open to the idea, so I will say that I definitely think the EC usage should be calculated, so antenna1 that's pumping out a 0.128Mbps signal over a range of 5Mm should be taking less power than antenna2 with the same data-rate but beaming it 20Mm. I think maybe @NemesisBosseret may have some things to say about this stuff since he's a comms guy

Hi @Drew Kerman,

Reading your old post, I'm working to create a pattern the energy consumption for transmission (today anyone go into cfg file and define any value), let me see if you or anyone else has any ideas to help me.

The formula that I have so far:

Omin Antenna: J = π * r^2
Direct Antenna: J = α/2 * r^2
// J = joule
// r = Range
// α = beam width

// Direct Antenna - Energy Consumption in a Network
List<N> = 10; 		// Connections
double J = 0;
for (int i = 0; i < N.Count; i++)
{
  J += (N[i].α/2 * N[i].r^2)
}

But it is not clear to me, I think the consumption to high.

In the end, I'll need to convert to kwh to work as KSP.

I think this idea is crazy! Should I give up and let anyone type whatever I want?

Edited by HaullyGames

14 minutes ago, HaullyGames said:

I think this idea is crazy! Should I give up and let anyone type whatever I want?

I haven't really thought much further on it since I don't yet need anything like that for what I'm doing (don't have any vessels in space permanently yet) and I was really hoping that @NemesisBosseret would have useful input to start with, but looks like he's gone. Also, I was looking to have just a pretty basic formula based on range and data rate set for the antenna/dish in the part config

It's not a button per se - just all the parts (i.e. Geiger counter) are only under the special category's, not the utility parts list in the VAB.

Same issue with the current release of Kerbalisim 1.2.9

5 minutes ago, HaullyGames said:

Was it a release or did you download the project?

I assume it was the project - from here:

https://github.com/ScienceFun/Kerbalism-Continued

I saw the mention of the Category / Filter By Function (case sensitive issue). If you can point me to which cfg file this line is contained in i'm happy to just go edit it myself.