[1.3.0] Kerbalism v1.2.9

ShotgunNinja

4 minutes ago, NomenNescio said:

I have now. Without Kerbalism installed the parts can "inflate", but with kerbalism they have scrubbers and stuff. But not both.

Thanks a lot.

Bad news to you.

This mean that I have to create a new module to process inflate and it takes hours or days to do.

I wont disable the inflate module! I love those modules!

If you want to disable, just go ahead and use VSR.cfg as template.

1 minute ago, HaullyGames said:

Thanks a lot.

Bad news to you.

This mean that I have to create a new module to process inflate and it takes hours or days to do.

I wont disable the inflate module! I love those modules!

If you want to disable, just go ahead and use VSR.cfg as template.

It's cool bro, I'll wait. I'm pretty early in my new career mode save anyway. I don't actually have any inflatable modules right now. To me the gravity rings are the more important parts tbh.

4 minutes ago, NomenNescio said:

Kerbalism has a part named Gravity Ring, which offers certain bonuses such as firm-ground, and it eats EC in return. SSPXr has five such rings but they don't have any of the bonuses of Kerbalism.

Could you send me the partname for them?

1 minute ago, HaullyGames said:

Could you send me the partname for them?

CTD-5 ' Doughnut' Compact Inflatable Centrifuge Module
CTD-10 'Bagel' Inflatable Centrifuge Module
PFD-C 'Coriolis' Inflatable Centrifuge Module
PXL-F 'Pilgrim' Extensible Centrifuge
PXL-E 'Mercury' Extensible Centrifuge

Please, add the code below in your SPPX.cfg file.

// ============================================================================
// Gravity Ring
// ============================================================================
@PART[sspx-inflatable-centrifuge-125-1,sspx-inflatable-centrifuge-125-2,sspx-inflatable-centrifuge-25-1,sspx-expandable-centrifuge-375-1,sspx-expandable-centrifuge-375-2]:NEEDS[StationPartsExpansionRedux]:FOR[Kerbalism]
{
  MODULE
  {
    name = GravityRing
    ec_rate = 2.5
    deploy = open
    rotate = rotate
  }
}

Then tell me if it is working.

Thank you for be a tester. I don't have time to do every think alone.

It kind of works. The gravity rings have an option to "inflate" and to "start rotation". But it's not until you hit the button marked "deploy" that the bonuses take effect. Even if the thing is spinning, it doesn't take up power or give the "firm ground" bonus.

Like I said, it kind of works, but you might want to take another pass at it.

PS: The Mercury Extensible Centrifuge, contains exercise equipment, but it doesn't count towards giving exercise to your kerbals. It also doesn't appear they add any "living space" to the craft. Now, the other parts, such as the Hostel Deep-Space Habitation Module, does add "Living Space" to the craft so I'd wager the numbers are in there somewhere, but that's just a guess.

3 minutes ago, NomenNescio said:

It kind of works. The gravity rings have an option to "inflate" and to "start rotation". But it's not until you hit the button marked "deploy" that the bonuses take effect. Even if the thing is spinning, it doesn't take up power or give the "firm ground" bonus.

Like I said, it kind of works, but you might want to take another pass at it.

PS: The Mercury Extensible Centrifuge, contains exercise equipment, but it doesn't count towards giving exercise to your kerbals. It also doesn't appear they add any "living space" to the craft. Now, the other parts, such as the Hostel Deep-Space Habitation Module, does add "Living Space" to the craft so I'd wager the numbers are in there somewhere, but that's just a guess.

Could you open an issue in https://github.com/ScienceFun/Kerbalism-Continued/issues?

Please detail:

• Mod name
    • PartName
      • Issue

The weekend is coming and it will be a long weekend! :o

21 hours ago, HaullyGames said:

Hi @Dr. Jet

I was reviewing the CommunityResourcePack and there have the following resource:

• Fertilizer 
  • Minerals
  • Organics
  • CH4(Methane)

With resource from that mod, is it affect your first ideia?

If yes, please send me the new formula.

if not,  just confirm that I will start work on it.

Did not understand your question. First 3 resources were added to CRP from USI MKS. Fertilizer IIRC is used in KPBRS (+ TAC LS) and was also used in Biomass mod when it was alive. Thus using existing resources instead of creating new ones is actually a good idea.

Methane is regretfully not used in most cryogenic engines mods IIRC, though IRL there are rocket engines that work on liquid methane + liquid oxygen.

Units proportional to metric tons - that's GOOD! All my numbers are in percent-by-mass:cool:

Let's calculate exact rates...

Concidering Food is mostly carbohydrates, rough molar rate of CO2 and Water input should be around 12/11. 

Thus we have greenhouse input of 65.5% CO2, 24.6% Water and 9.9% Fertilizer (by mass).

Concidering greenhouse is mass-neutral (input mass equals output mass) and photosynthesis conversion rate for sugar, we can calculate that 65.5%*32/44=47,64% of greenhouse output (by mass) will be Oxygen, and remaining 52.36% will be solid output, which is Food and Waste (ineadible plant parts).

Notice that those rates does not take into account kerbals consumption rates (0.84 kg of Oxygen and 1.77 kg of Food per day according to Default.cfg).

For each kerbal breathing (if we don't have another source of CO2 onboard) both greenhouse input and output should equal 0.84/0.4764 = 1.76 kg per day. That gives us 0.923 kg of solid output per day.

Best closed cycle experiment - the soviet BIOS-3 achived at most 50% closed cycle on food. Thus each 1.77*0.5=0.885 kg of Food produced should be accompanied by 0.038 kg of Waste. Huh! :huh: Those plants are almost whole edible. 

So finally we have

Input: 65.5% CO2, 24.6% Water and 9.9% Fertilizer

Output: 47.64% O2, 50.2% Food, 2.16% Waste

Harvest cycle can be as long as you wish, it does not matter, just keep it proportional.

P.S. Some calculation results from my earlier studies. 4 meter long 2.5m wide cylindrical "phytotrone" part should be able to produce 50% of single kerbal's needs in Food and 100% of his needs in Oxygen.

Edited by Dr. Jet

1 hour ago, HaullyGames said:

Just add the resource that you want.

So if I add those lines to my .cfg file, that should do it?

EDIT: Or do I have to add them to StationPartsExpansionRedux\Patches\SSPXR-B9TankTypes.cfg

Edited by NomenNescio

2 hours ago, Dr. Jet said:

Harvest cycle can be as long as you wish, it does not matter, just keep it proportional.

I just asked the cycle because If it will be realist or not.

crop_resource = Food       // name of resource produced by harvests
crop_size = 2500.0         // amount of resource produced by harvests
crop_rate = 0.00000023148  // growth per-second when all conditions apply

1 unit / crop_rate = 4,320,027.64817694 / 21600(1 kerbin day) = 200 days to be able to get food. (200 Kerbin's days = 50 Earth's days)

• Potato = 120-150 days
  • Tomato = 110-120 days (this is the NASA's current plan for this year)
  • Lettuce (NASA already did this before) = 45 - 50 days

Other thing that I thought to implement to Greenhouse is the plant states.

• You can't stop to give water, CO2 to a plant for a year and assume that plant will still alive.

To make my code easy, I wont kill the plant, but I would like to reset the harvest counter.

8 minutes ago, NomenNescio said:

So if I add those lines to my .cfg file, that should do it?

EDIT: Or do I have to add them to StationPartsExpansionRedux\Patches\SSPXR-B9TankTypes.cfg

You need to add the resource in StationPartsExpansionRedux\Patches\SSPXR-B9TankTypes.cfgthis will affect only if you are using CRP.

Look for 

/// TAC-LS
// ============
B9_TANK_TYPE:NEEDS[CommunityResourcePack]
{
	name = SSPXTAC

7 minutes ago, HaullyGames said:

You need to add the resource in StationPartsExpansionRedux\Patches\SSPXR-B9TankTypes.cfgthis will affect only if you are using CRP.

So here's a twist. Those lines are already in the StationPartsExpansionRedux\Patches\SSPXR-B9TankTypes.cfg file. Sooo... What now?

2 minutes ago, NomenNescio said:

So here's a twist. Those lines are already in the StationPartsExpansionRedux\Patches\SSPXR-B9TankTypes.cfg file. Sooo... What now?

I didn't understand.

If you want to add  

store nitrogen and oxygen and ammonia

Oxygen I know the SSPXTAC type has already.

Then you should only add Resource that you want.

sample:

/// TAC-LS
// ============
B9_TANK_TYPE:NEEDS[CommunityResourcePack]
{
	name = SSPXTAC
	tankMass = 0.0000
	tankCost = 0.0
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Food
		unitsPerVolume = 1.6927083333E-02
	}
// NEW
  	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Ammonia
		unitsPerVolume = 1.713537562385
	}
//
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Water
		unitsPerVolume = 1.1188078704E-03
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Oxygen
		unitsPerVolume = 1.713537562385
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Waste
		unitsPerVolume = 1.4247685185E-02
		percentFilled = 0
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = WasteWater
		unitsPerVolume = 1.539351852E-03
		percentFilled = 0
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = CarbonDioxide
		unitsPerVolume =  1.48012889876
		percentFilled = 0
	}
}

Now when you add a container and select Life Support you will see Ammonia.

5 minutes ago, HaullyGames said:

Now when you add a container and select Life Support you will see Ammonia.

Okay I think I understand. 

But since adding your .cfg file, when you go into the game and choose resources, the only one you get from kerbalism is one saying "life support". It looks like this:

mjwRFIm.png

There are no individual taps for Food or Oxygen or Waste. That's what I meant when I asked for taps with all of these; one tap only with food, one tap only with water, and so on.

Also if I'm to add these on my own, how do I find the unitsPerVolume number for nitrogen for example.

3 minutes ago, NomenNescio said:

Okay I think I understand. 

But since adding your .cfg file, when you go into the game and choose resources, the only one you get from kerbalism is one saying "life support". It looks like this:

mjwRFIm.png

There are no individual taps for Food or Oxygen or Waste. That's what I meant when I asked for taps with all of these; one tap only with food, one tap only with water, and so on.

Also if I'm to add these on my own, how do I find the unitsPerVolume number for nitrogen for example.

You don't have one only with food, you have to create.

Following the sample:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ScienceFun/Kerbalism-Continued/2b371be8a7058259ab0b4731cb3b96908efb91fe/GameData/Kerbalism/Support/B9.cfg

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ScienceFun/Kerbalism-Continued/2b371be8a7058259ab0b4731cb3b96908efb91fe/GameData/Kerbalism/Support/SSPX.cfg

I don't know if it is right, I cannot test because I don't have KSP in this laptop.

6 minutes ago, HaullyGames said:

I don't know if it is right, I cannot test because I don't have KSP in this laptop.

The more I try the less I understand. I really want this to work, but I'm afraid it's beyond me. I'll be happy to continue to test for you, if you wouldn't mind writing it up?

5 minutes ago, NomenNescio said:

The more I try the less I understand. I really want this to work, but I'm afraid it's beyond me. I'll be happy to continue to test for you, if you wouldn't mind writing it up?

You are my official tester!:D

Any issue about Kerbalism-Continue, you will be responsible. :sticktongue:

Your title is Tester/Quality Control.:)

Every time that you test and find issue, this mean that when I play, I won't have issue! :cool:

Edited by HaullyGames