[1.3.0] Kerbalism v1.2.9

ShotgunNinja

@geb, you could use something like TAC Fuel Balancer, or just manually lock the life support resources on your reentry capsule, only unlocking them just before reentry. I also recommend not decoupling until just before or after you enter the atmosphere. Depending on your descent profile, your kerbals won't suffocate during reentry, they'll just get *close* :wink:

12 minutes ago, klugeh01 said:

@geb, you could use something like TAC Fuel Balancer, or just manually lock the life support resources on your reentry capsule, only unlocking them just before reentry. I also recommend not decoupling until just before or after you enter the atmosphere. Depending on your descent profile, your kerbals won't suffocate during reentry, they'll just get *close* :wink:

I've got far enough in career now to unlock resource transfers, so there's an easy solution.

Would've been possible to work around the problem too if I'd realised we had to, but the oxygen storage tanks had flow priority values so I assumed they were supposed to use them, and there was some official solution.

Edited by geb

18 hours ago, geb said:

Is there a way to make life support resources use the flow priority rules?

My kerbals keep being killed by lack of oxygen because their ship drains the oxygen from their reentry pod first. As soon as the pod decouples from the stage with all the storage, they suffocate.

Lol I have made this mistake many times myself

On 2/24/2017 at 2:03 PM, Nick233 said:

Hey, i want ask, is there a way to disable stop warp at warnings. And better it doesn`t stop on unmannned ships warnings, because having 50+ sats and probes stops my warp every 10 seconds. I cloud remove them via tracking station, but what if i need science from that body to complete contract?

I believe if you change them to debris you wont be warned.

There's a fairly serious bug with kerbals going on EVA.

It's easy to recreate. Make a test craft that is just a Mk.1 Command Pod, go on EVA on the launchpad, and check the kerbalism life support/command panel for the craft your EVA kerbal just got out of. It displays an error instead of the life support and control status.

WKNhZPF.png

If you get back into the craft again, everything returns to normal, but if you plant a flag while you're outside the craft, something breaks even further.

Planting a flag on EVA can leave craft uncontrollable even with a pilot on board, and the only way to recover the craft then is to restart the game.

@geb, I've already raised this as a bug on github. If I took the flag back down I could reenter the capsule with full control. Note: I never really lost control because I put MechJeb cases on all of my capsules, but this sounds exactly like the bug I've been seeing.

On 2/24/2017 at 2:03 PM, Nick233 said:

Hey, i want ask, is there a way to disable stop warp at warnings. And better it doesn`t stop on unmannned ships warnings, because having 50+ sats and probes stops my warp every 10 seconds. I cloud remove them via tracking station, but what if i need science from that body to complete contract?

Select the Kerbalism button.

Select the spacecraft from the list of active spacecraft.

Left mouse-click CFG on the bottom. The text says "Middle mouse click," but left works.

This will show a list of messages. Find the one you want to disable, and click the green check. It should turn to a red X.

Hi all,

I have just uploaded my Simplified Profile.  Installation instructions available at the forum post and in my signature, also linked here:

Please post any comments and feedback for this Profile in the forum post for the profile and not here.

Peace.

On 2/21/2017 at 4:14 PM, Athur Dent said:

Hello, i just tried this mod, and seem to have a bug:

the energy generation of my solar panels doesnt seem to be calculated by the mod. my probes and stations continue to run out of EC when unloaded, and therefor generate many warning-messages

is there a fix for this?

I ran into this for one vessel. It's in a polar orbit launched in twilight, so it spends the entire orbit in sunlight. 

This particular vessel has one solar panel and relies on the pod's electrical power. When loaded, that's not a problem; the panel stays pointed at the sun and keeps the battery topped off. 

Still, while in the spaceport, I've gotten the "battery dead" message. When I went out, the panel was typically in sunlight, pointed at the sun, and Kerbalism almost immediately gave the "charging" message. 

It's a bit puzzling. I can't help but suspect Kerbalism should assume that a controlled vessel with one panel keeps it pointed at the sun. 

I made a config for SXT covers the antennas, nuclear engines and puts a treadmill on that gigantic duna-class crew module

@PART[SXT*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter]]:NEEDS[SXT,FeatureSignal]:FOR[Kerbalism]
{
  !MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter] {}
}

@PART[SXT*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDeployableAntenna]]:NEEDS[SXT,FeatureSignal]:FOR[Kerbalism]
{
  !MODULE[ModuleDeployableAntenna] {}
}

@PART[SXTTubeAntenna]:NEEDS[SXT,FeatureSignal]:FOR[Kerbalism]
{
  MODULE
  {
    name = Antenna
    type = low_gain
    cost = 0.12
    dist = 2e8
    rate = 0.008
  }

MODULE
  {
    name = ModuleAnimationGroup
    deployAnimationName = extendAntenna
    moduleType = Antenna
  }

MODULE:NEEDS[FeatureReliability]
  {
    name = Reliability
    type = Antenna
    title = Antenna
    redundancy = Communication
    repair = Engineer
    mtbf = 72576000 // 8y
    extra_cost = 2.0
    extra_mass = 0.25
  }
}

@PART[SXTAntenna]:NEEDS[SXT,FeatureSignal]:FOR[Kerbalism]
{
  MODULE
  {
    name = Antenna
    type = low_gain
    cost = 0.12
    dist = 5e6
    rate = 0.012
  }

{
    name = Reliability
    type = Antenna
    title = Antenna
    repair = Engineer
    mtbf = 72576000 // 8y
    extra_cost = 2.0
    extra_mass = 0.25
  }
}

@PART[LprobeFoil]:NEEDS[SXT,FeatureSignal]:FOR[Kerbalism]
{
  !MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter] {}
  MODULE
  {
    name = Antenna
    type = low_gain
    cost = 0.12
    dist = 5e8
    rate = 0.02
  }

{
    name = Reliability
    type = Antenna
    title = Antenna
    repair = Engineer
    mtbf = 72576000 // 8y
    extra_cost = 2.0
    extra_mass = 0.25
  }
}

@PART[SXTAlouetteI]:NEEDS[SXT,FeatureSignal]:FOR[Kerbalism]
{
  MODULE
  {
    name = Antenna
    type = low_gain
    cost = 0.12
    dist = 5e5
    rate = 0.012
  }

{
    name = Reliability
    type = Antenna
    title = Antenna
    repair = Engineer
    mtbf = 72576000 // 8y
    extra_cost = 2.0
    extra_mass = 0.25
  }
}

@PART[SXTsciencenosecone]:NEEDS[SXT,FeatureSignal]:FOR[Kerbalism]
{
  MODULE
  {
    name = Antenna
    type = low_gain
    cost = 0.12
    dist = 5e6
    rate = 0.012
  }

{
    name = Reliability
    type = Antenna
    title = Antenna
    repair = Engineer
    mtbf = 72576000 // 8y
    extra_cost = 2.0
    extra_mass = 0.25
  }
}

@PART[SXTDLK83EHabitat]:NEEDS[SXT,FeatureComfort]:FOR[Kerbalism]
{
  MODULE
  {
    name = Comfort
    bonus = exercise
    desc = A treadmill designed to permit exercise in zero-g is included. The crew will love it.
  }

{
    name = Reliability
    type = Comfort
    title = Treadmill
    repair = Engineer
    mtbf = 36288000 // 4y
    extra_cost = 0.25
    extra_mass = 0.05
  }

@tags ^= :$: comfort:
}

@PART[SXTNERVAB]:NEEDS[SXT,FeatureRadiation]:FOR[Kerbalism]
{
  MODULE
  {
    name = Emitter
    radiation = 0.0000052221
  }
}
@PART[SXTNERVA]:NEEDS[SXT,FeatureRadiation]:FOR[Kerbalism]
{
  MODULE
  {
    name = Emitter
    radiation = 0.0000041666 
  }
}
@PART[SXTnuclearramjet]:NEEDS[SXT,FeatureRadiation]:FOR[Kerbalism]
{
  MODULE
  {
    name = Emitter
    radiation = 0.0000083331 
  }
}

1 hour ago, Riggers said:

Hey,

Sry i can't find it but is it possible to use Kerbalism With the Stock DNS?

Love your mod, keep going.

It is possible, in the settings.cfg of the Kerbalism folder change signal = false.  I'm not sure how that will affect the science data transmission though as I turn that off too.  Try and let me know!

Peace.

Having an issue I couldn't quite find in the documentation.

I currently have 2 kerbals in orbit wit CO2 poisoning (the vessel ran out of electric charge at some point and I didn't notice until it was too late). The electric charge has been restored meanwhile, but the CO2 concentration doesn't seem to be dropping, quite the opposite in fact it seem to be rising. Is this intended or is something going wrong?

19 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

@NemesisBosseret I've seen you talking all kinds of complex radio signal stuff over in the RT thread. Have you checked out Kerbalism's latest updates with its data transmission rates?

I havent used kerbalism yet, currently using tac life support in my current play through.   Would be interested in checking it out tho since it uses radiation shielding as well.     I used to work on submarines its how i know so much about said topics lol

I have a question concerning the Greenhouse, it said: Inssufisent pressure, but i got oxygen and nitrogen bottle (along with some amonia) on that same station.

why do it do that? also it seem to do so only during the night cycle.

44 minutes ago, karst45 said:

I have a question concerning the Greenhouse, it said: Inssufisent pressure, but i got oxygen and nitrogen bottle (along with some amonia) on that same station.

why do it do that? also it seem to do so only during the night cycle.

Do you have a capsule with a pressure control system? If not, that could be the cause. As for why it only does so during the night cycle, I guess make sure your ship has enough battery to keep everything running through the night. The electricity section of the planner can tell you how long your ship will last in shadow if you click the little star at the top of the planner so it is black, and there is a section at the bottom of the planner (you may have to use the little arrows to switch to it) that will tell how long your ship will be in shadow given the specified orbit and body (set at the top of the planner by clicking on the body and situation)

so if i only have probe on that ship, pressure control wont work? Can i have a capsule but no one inside?

also, silly question, just saw there an upgrade to this mod. Do it upgrade well or will it break everything?

@karst45, IMO you should always use the latest release of a mod.

If there is not a pressure control module on your ship (right click the part either in the VAB or flight, you should see 'Pressure Control' listed), then the pressure in any pressurized compartments will gradually fall. In the most recent release, the greenhouse does have a pressure control module, but the habitat is set to 'disabled' by default, so I believe you'll have to turn on the habitat in order for the pressure control to run.

Depending on which version of the mod you're currently using, you'll want to edit the amount of life support resources (_scrubber, _PressureControl, etc...) in manned ships that you have previously launched, otherwise your crews will quickly die. This is due to a change in the way the life support systems are managed that provides compatibility for parts with more than 4 crew.

Quick question. I'm trying add a very basic antenna to command pods with a MM config, but it doesn't seem to be working. Code is below. What am I missing here?

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand]]:NEEDS[FeatureSignal]:FOR[Kerbalism]
{
{
  MODULE
  {
    name = Antenna
    type = low_gain
    cost = 0.1
    dist = 5e6
    rate = 0.016
  }

{
    name = Reliability
    type = Antenna
    title = Antenna
    repair = true
    mtbf = 72576000 // 8y
    extra_cost = 2.0
    extra_mass = 1.0
  }
}

And as long as I'm here, what's the proper MM syntax to add Kerbalism support to other mod's antennae? I've got my own little cfg of tweaks this'll all go into.

Edited by CatastrophicFailure