[1.3.0] Kerbalism v1.2.9

ShotgunNinja

17 hours ago, theSpeare said:

Is there any way we can keep failures but adjust timewarp killing by the mod? I have lots of satellites and stations so if I timewarp at full speed to just get to Duna or something my timewarp gets interrupted 5-6 times. Turning off notifications for EVERY vehicle is a bit cumbersome as well.

pressing the Pause Break key switches off all notifications

@Drew Kerman Interesting - is this just for Kerbalism or will it affect other mods like Kerbal Alarm Clock?

EDIT: Perfect this is just for Kerbalism! Wish there was a way we could cycle through different options though - all I'd really like to do is just kill timewarp for minor malfunctions. If life support cut out somewhere I would want Kerbalism to kill my timewarp as that's pretty damn important. Any chance @ShotgunNinja?

Edited by theSpeare

Hi,

The ore mining was totally changed, can someone tell me how to mine and convert ore to liquidfuel (like in the old time couple days to refill)?

EDIT:

i was find a way, drilling water so free, but you need to take with you waste, eventually if you bulding a outpost / base on the moon create couple green houses.

But why it takes so long time?

To get full oxidizer to only 440 i was must wait about 20 days, and to get 163 / 360 liquid fuel takes 60 days.

and the whole structure weighs more than 7 tons, this is ridiculous !!!

5990485200_1505498598.png

Good to know is there a good people who create better profile: 

EDIT:
This is great profil, I wish someday it was in stock version of kerbalism.

I was reupload just in case files:

Kyce.cfg - bace config

https://mega.nz/#!K1ZA0AaI!RsLTD0c_6DG1-v8sltkLNAUUtlEHlgPUpoOmqOFm85g or http://kyce.co.uk/kerbalism/Kyce.cfg

Put this file in the "GameData/Kerbalism/Profiles" folder and edit  in the main Kerbalism folder, the file "Settings.cfg" and repleace line: Profile = default to Profile = kyce

KPBS_MM_Kerbalism_Kyce.cfg - for planetary base system

https://mega.nz/#!7lJ0xS4C!xPRIp5O2w8xvuXOl5KctC_XqR1kffrDd2UBGCmApeN0 or http://kyce.co.uk/kerbalism/KPBS_MM_Kerbalism_Kyce.cfg

Copy it into your "GameData\PlanetaryBaseInc\ModSupport\Configs\Kerbalism\Profiles" folder.

Edited by popos1

On 2017/09/15 at 0:16 PM, popos1 said:

Hi,

The ore mining was totally changed, can someone tell me how to mine and convert ore to liquidfuel (like in the old time couple days to refill)?

EDIT:

i was find a way, drilling water so free, but you need to take with you waste, eventually if you bulding a outpost / base on the moon create couple green houses.

To get full oxidizer to only 440 i was must wait about 20 days, and to get 163 / 360 liquid fuel takes 60 days.

EDIT:

Kyce.cfg - bace config

https://mega.nz/#!K1ZA0AaI!RsLTD0c_6DG1-v8sltkLNAUUtlEHlgPUpoOmqOFm85g or http://kyce.co.uk/kerbalism/Kyce.cfg

Put this file in the "GameData/Kerbalism/Profiles" folder and edit  in the main Kerbalism folder, the file "Settings.cfg" and repleace line: Profile = default to Profile = kyce

https://mega.nz/#!7lJ0xS4C!xPRIp5O2w8xvuXOl5KctC_XqR1kffrDd2UBGCmApeN0 or http://kyce.co.uk/kerbalism/KPBS_MM_Kerbalism_Kyce.cfg

Copy it into your "GameData\PlanetaryBaseInc\ModSupport\Configs\Kerbalism\Profiles" folder.

Kerbalism's chemical reactions are based on cutting-edge, but real, experimental results.  Thus the balance.  But it was also made to be easy to replace profiles if you want. Thanks for sharing!

Edited by lordcirth

On 9/15/2017 at 5:16 PM, popos1 said:

Hi,

EDIT:

EDIT:

Kyce.cfg - bace config

Glad to see my profile is helping a few people. I thought the default one was very realistic, but somewhat slow. So speeding it up for game play purposes, but keeping it from just being too easy was what I went for with this.

If anyone's interested, you can see how I figured out all the numbers (using the actual real world weights of the liquids) here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16S0Ek3rKlmuqUlYpn5REaDo5ZekB6lAoa4ckUGphBi8/edit#gid=1163940653

On 8/13/2017 at 9:40 PM, Sethplays said:

OK So I found the answer:

When you enable the habitat it has to fully pressurise the cabin, and this takes a LOT of nitrogen.  For example on the Mk1 inline cockpit it takes just under 2500 units of nitrogen.  Once the cockpit is pressurised again the nitrogen usage returns to normal.

I didn't understand how this part of it worked, but it makes sense.  This means you can basically disable and enable the habitat on a Mk1 inline cockpit about 4 times if you carried the maximum of 10000 units of nitrogen.

Going through posts looking for the answer to another problem... I remember when I found this out and its kind of annoying.

I think there should be a way to prevent kerbals from "using" a habitat without depressurising it.

I was getting my kerbals irradiated going through the radiation belts because I can't tell them that they should stay out of the greenhouse for a few minutes. I dont want to shield the plants because, well who cares. Also its a lot of extra weight to shield the greenhouse.

Edited by Antstar

So I have an odd problem. For some reason the background simulator isnt working in my latest install... My kerbals only eat food or get radiation when I have the ship selected.

Any idea why? I cant see an option for enabling it that I may have turned off.

8 hours ago, Antstar said:

So I have an odd problem. For some reason the background simulator isnt working in my latest install... My kerbals only eat food or get radiation when I have the ship selected.

Any idea why? I cant see an option for enabling it that I may have turned off.

Other mods that try to do background sim can break Kerbalism's.  Like CryoTanks, as I ran into.  Check your logs and/or look for mods you're using that do background sim.

10 hours ago, lordcirth said:

Other mods that try to do background sim can break Kerbalism's.  Like CryoTanks, as I ran into.  Check your logs and/or look for mods you're using that do background sim.

Yep this was it exactly. I had both mods installed last time and I suspected that I wasn't losing hydrogen when I should have been, so I guess for some reason this mod just got priority and this time the other way around

3 hours ago, Antstar said:

Yep this was it exactly. I had both mods installed last time and I suspected that I wasn't losing hydrogen when I should have been, so I guess for some reason this mod just got priority and this time the other way around

So I was able to fix this without removing cryotanks entirely; if you (re)move the SimpleBoiloff.dll, that's enough. There will be no boiloff or EC cost but the rest will work.

Hi guys. Is there a way to disable time warp stop and notification for low battery on all vessels? Because it is really annoying when you have 10 or more satellites around Kerbin, and maybe you are warping to scan the planet faster and every 5 seconds it stops warping because one of the satellites run out of juice in the dark. And it is equally annoying to manually turn off notifications for each vessel every time. Is there a setting that allow me to turn notifications or at least de-warping off?

On 9/15/2017 at 12:16 PM, popos1 said:

Hi,

EDIT:

EDIT:

Kyce.cfg - bace config

You do not need all those fuel connectors, as crossfeed should be enabled.  Also, you don't actually need to include all that waste, CO2, or oxygen. The atmospheric analysis part can harvest those resources from the atmosphere (however, it requires 3-4 in order to match the amount needed for the converters).

On 9/21/2017 at 5:38 AM, giovajoker said:

Hi guys. Is there a way to disable time warp stop and notification for low battery on all vessels? Because it is really annoying when you have 10 or more satellites around Kerbin, and maybe you are warping to scan the planet faster and every 5 seconds it stops warping because one of the satellites run out of juice in the dark. And it is equally annoying to manually turn off notifications for each vessel every time. Is there a setting that allow me to turn notifications or at least de-warping off?

On 9/21/2017 at 7:26 AM, theSpeare said:

As far as we know the only other alternative is to press the "PAUSE/BREAK" key to mute all Kerbalism notifications. (This will screw you over if you have crew and something goes wrong with their vessel)

You can disable messages individually by going into the kerbalism tab for each vessel, and disabling the notifications under CFG. This is better than muting all notifications, as you could kill your kerbals if you ignore warnings for ships with crew.

On 9/19/2017 at 1:00 AM, Antstar said:

Going through posts looking for the answer to another problem... I remember when I found this out and its kind of annoying.

I think there should be a way to prevent kerbals from "using" a habitat without depressurising it.

I was getting my kerbals irradiated going through the radiation belts because I can't tell them that they should stay out of the greenhouse for a few minutes. I dont want to shield the plants because, well who cares. Also its a lot of extra weight to shield the greenhouse.

You really should shield everything. Unless you plan on returning your kerbals within 100 days, they will die of radiation sickness if you have no shielding. Full shielding almost entirely protects your kerbals from background radiation, and helps with solar flares. Also note that plants are sensitive to radiation, so those parts should be shielded if you plan having on doing any inter-planetary missions.

Edited by Zombie_Striker

4 hours ago, Zombie_Striker said:

You really should shield everything. Unless you plan on returning your kerbals within 100 days, they will die of radiation sickness if you have no shielding. Full shielding almost entirely protects your kerbals from background radiation, and helps with solar flares. Also note that plants are sensitive to radiation, so those parts should be shielded if you plan having on doing any inter-planetary missions.

I disagree. The weight can be used much more effectively to take a bunch of active shielding = zero radiation. Only the shelter has full shielding.

The problem is that when crossing the belts, and kerbals have to retreat to the storm shelter briefly, there is no way to disable the habitat in the greenhouse...

17 hours ago, Antstar said:

I disagree. The weight can be used much more effectively to take a bunch of active shielding = zero radiation. Only the shelter has full shielding.

The problem is that when crossing the belts, and kerbals have to retreat to the storm shelter briefly, there is no way to disable the habitat in the greenhouse...

Although that is true just factoring in only the mass of the parts, ActiveShielding requires 2.5 EC per second each. Not only that, but atleast 7 are needed in order to fully remove all radiation for background radiation. That means, even for just a station orbiting close enough to the planet so that it is only in the shadow for 15 minutes (which is a circular obit at 70Km for kerbin, within the magnetopause, so it would not even be needed), it requires 4 of the largest batteries in order to power just the shields. If you are in the dark any longer than 30 minutes, It is better to use shielding than AS.

For reference:

• Shielding weighs 0.213T per unit
  • ActiveShielding weighs 2.5T per part
  • Z-4K Battery (the largest battery with 4000 units of EC) weights 0.2T
  • A cupola, hitchiker, and Sciencelab together require about 100 units of shielding for full protection.
Edited by Zombie_Striker
Added correction

On 9/24/2017 at 5:08 PM, Zombie_Striker said:

Although that is true just factoring in only the mass of the parts, ActiveShielding requires 2.5 EC per second each. Not only that, but atleast 7 are needed in order to fully remove all radiation for background radiation. That means, even for just a station orbiting close enough to the planet so that it is only in the shadow for 15 minutes (which is a circular obit at 70Km for kerbin, within the magnetopause, so it would not even be needed), it requires 4 of the largest batteries in order to power just the shields. If you are in the dark any longer than 30 minutes, It is better to use shielding than AS.

For reference:

• Shielding weighs 0.213T per unit
  • ActiveShielding weighs 2.5T per part
  • Z-4K Battery (the largest battery with 4000 units of EC) weights 0.2T
  • A cupola, hitchiker, and Sciencelab together require about 100 units of shielding for full protection.

True, but this assumes that I'm using solar panels... instead of a small nuclear reactor :wink:  Also the shielding of the greenhouse is like 3.5t. And what if my habitat was very big... I'm not even saying that you are wrong, in most cases shielding is probably better, just that there shoud be A way to stop kerbals from going in the greenhouse for a short time if we want to...

On the subject of big habitats, does anyone know which mod has that huge 5m Duna Class hab?? I just wasted 20mins on google and curse but I can't find it. I know I had it on my last install but no idea which mod it was. Ta

Hello, I really like this mod. I just got to station-building in career. I build station with a research lab and realized that it does not work the same way it worked before. My question is: what is it good for now? I can click "reasearch" but it does not appear to do anything. It seems like I can't even reset not-rerunable experiments. So what can I do? Thx.

15 minutes ago, nervv said:

Hello, I really like this mod. I just got to station-building in career. I build station with a research lab and realized that it does not work the same way it worked before. My question is: what is it good for now? I can click "reasearch" but it does not appear to do anything. It seems like I can't even reset not-rerunable experiments. So what can I do? Thx.

Ok, I found some relevant information on this forum however I still have some questions. Is it at all possible to reset not-rerunable experiments? Can I somehow disable science part of this mod?

Not sure if this has been asked before, but I have an odd problem where some antennae do not animate correctly with Kerbalism installed. I'm guessing it has to do with an MM config, but parts in BDB, Tantares, and MrMeeb's Shuttle Payload Technologies do not have an option to animate.

On 9/27/2017 at 4:24 PM, nervv said:

In Kerbalism, the lab changes sample-return experiments into transmissible science.  He's planning on adding some lab-only experiments since the lab's a bit underpowered and boring right now.

On 9/27/2017 at 4:41 PM, nervv said:

Ok, I found some relevant information on this forum however I still have some questions. Is it at all possible to reset not-rerunable experiments? Can I somehow disable science part of this mod?

Any scientist who goes on EVA can reset the experiments, just like in Stock.  And if you want, you can disable the Science system by editing ./GameData/Kerbalism/Settings.cfg and setting "Science = false".