thanks for your assistance.

I'm running 1.3.1.

here's my modlist; it's lengthy

Spoiler

In CKAN:

[x] Science! (xScience v5.11)
B9 Part Switch (B9PartSwitch v2.0.0)
Chatterer (Chatterer 0.9.93)
Community Category Kit (CommunityCategoryKit 2.0.2.0)
Community Resource Pack (CommunityResourcePack 0.8.0.0)
Community Tech Tree (CommunityTechTree 1:3.2.1)
Contract Configurator (ContractConfigurator 1.23.3)
Contract Pack: Bases and Stations (ContractConfigurator-KerbinSpaceStation 2:3.7.0.1)
Contract Parser (ContractParser 7.0)
Contracts Window + (ContractsWindowPlus 8.1)
Cryogenic Tanks (CryoTanks 0.4.9)
Custom Barn Kit (CustomBarnKit 1.1.16.0)
Deployable Engines Plugin (DeployableEngines 0.4.9)
DMagic Orbital Science (DMagicOrbitalScience 1.3.10)
Dynamic Battery Storage (DynamicBatteryStorage 1:0.4.9)
Engine Lighting (EngineLighting 1.5.1)
EVA Handrails Continued (EVAHandrailsPackContinued 0.2.1.6)
Extraplanetary Launchpads (ExtraPlanetaryLaunchpads 5.9.0.0)
Ferram Aerospace Research (FerramAerospaceResearch 3:0.15.9)
Final Frontier (FinalFrontier 1.3.6-3189)
Firespitter Core (FirespitterCore v7.6.0)
Heat Control (HeatControl 0.4.4)
HyperEdit (HyperEdit 1.5.4.0)
Interstellar Fuel Switch Core (InterstellarFuelSwitch-Core 2.10.1)
Kerbal Alarm Clock (KerbalAlarmClock v3.8.5.0)
Kerbal Atomics (KerbalAtomics 1:0.4.9)
Kerbal Attachment System (KAS 0.6.3.0)
Kerbal Engineer Redux (KerbalEngineerRedux 1.1.3.0)
Kerbal Hacks: Asphalt Tiles (AsphaltTiles 1.2)
Kerbal Inventory System (KIS 1.7)
Kerbal Planetary Base Systems (KerbalPlanetaryBaseSystems v1.5.7)
Konstruction (Konstruction 0.3.0.0)
Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics (InfernalRobotics v2.0.14)
Malemute Rover (MalemuteRover 0.4.0.0)
Maneuver Node Evolved (ManeuverNodeEvolved 3.2)
MechJeb 2 (MechJeb2 2.6.1.0)
MechJeb and Engineer for all! (MechJebForAll 1.2.0.0)
Mk2 Stockalike Expansion (Mk2Expansion 2:1.8.05)
ModularFlightIntegrator (ModularFlightIntegrator 1.2.4.0)
Module Manager (ModuleManager 2.8.1)
Near Future Electrical (NearFutureElectrical 0.9.7)
Near Future Electrical Core (NearFutureElectrical-Core 0.9.7)
Near Future IVA Props (NearFutureProps 0.7.4)
Near Future Propulsion (NearFuturePropulsion 0.9.5)
Near Future Solar (NearFutureSolar 0.8.7)
Near Future Solar Core (NearFutureSolar-Core 0.8.7)
Near Future Spacecraft (NearFutureSpacecraft 0.7.4)
Procedural Fairings (ProceduralFairings v4.0)
Progress Parser (ProgressParser 8.0)
RCS Build Aid Continued (RCSBuildAidCont 0.9.3)
Real Plume (RealPlume 2:v11.0.0)
Real Plume - Stock Configs (RealPlume-StockConfigs v1.0.0)
SCANsat (SCANsat v18.1)
SmokeScreen - Extended FX Plugin (SmokeScreen 2.7.5.0)
StageRecovery (StageRecovery 1.7.2)
Stockalike Station Parts Expansion (StationPartsExpansion 0.5.2)
Strategia (Strategia 1.6.0)
Surface Experiment Pack (SurfaceExperimentPack v2.4)
The Janitor's Closet (JanitorsCloset 0.3.3)
Toolbar (Toolbar 1.7.15)
Universal Storage (UniversalStorage 1.3.0.0)
USI Tools (USITools 0.10.1.0)
VesselMover Continued (VesselMoverContinued 1.6.2)

Outside of CKAN:

* Kerbalism
* Kerbal Construction Time
* Crew R&R
* Scrap Yard

When I switch from flight to space center, i get hundreds of lines of this:

Spoiler

[EXC 22:45:40.603] ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: key
    System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,KERBALISM.resource_info].TryGetValue (System.String key, KERBALISM.resource_info& value)
    KERBALISM.vessel_resources.Info (.Vessel v, System.String resource_name)
    KERBALISM.Background.ProcessCryoTank (.Vessel v, .ProtoPartSnapshot p, .ProtoPartModuleSnapshot m, .PartModule simple_boiloff, KERBALISM.vessel_resources resources, Double elapsed_s)
    KERBALISM.Background.update (.Vessel v, KERBALISM.vessel_info vi, KERBALISM.VesselData vd, KERBALISM.vessel_resources resources, Double elapsed_s)
    KERBALISM.Kerbalism.FixedUpdate ()
[LOG 22:45:41.211] [MessageSystem] Reposition 0.02 33278
[EXC 22:45:41.305] ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
    System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,KERBALISM.resource_info].TryGetValue (System.String key, KERBALISM.resource_info& value)
    KERBALISM.Background.ProcessCryoTank (.Vessel v, .ProtoPartSnapshot p, .ProtoPartModuleSnapshot m, .PartModule simple_boiloff, KERBALISM.vessel_resources resources, Double elapsed_s)
    KERBALISM.Background.update (.Vessel v, KERBALISM.vessel_info vi, KERBALISM.VesselData vd, KERBALISM.vessel_resources resources, Double elapsed_s)
[EXC 22:45:41.306] ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
[EXC 22:45:41.574] ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.

This looks pretty suspect to me.

I get a few NullRef errors from Janitor's Closet but i doubt that's the issue.

14 minutes ago, JayPee said:

Hide contents

That's the conflict with SimpleBoiloff.dll from CryoTanks that I had.  Move that .dll outside Gamedata; tanks will no longer consume EC or have boiloff, but everything else will work.

HI, I've got a question regarding how to add new processes to a kerbalism profile.

I've attempted to add a hydrogen liquefaction process to the default profile, and to have it MM patched to the ISRU units, by modifying the default.cfg in kerbalism/profiles:

I added a Process {...} declaration to the Profile {...} node,

a  MODULE {name = ProcessController} section to the ISRU reactors MM patch, 

a SETUP {} under the MODULE Configure in that patch, 

and a RESOURCE_DEFINITION {} at the end of the file.

However instead of the expected result of a new process being added to the pool of "Configure ISRU" options, what I get is displaying the toggle interface button for all previously existing processes, with the only notion of the new one in tech tooltip in R&D.

what am i missing there?

1 hour ago, notJebKerman said:

Can science transmission and control included by this mod work with RemoteTech installed? Will it be automatically disabled, work together with RT or cause some weird mod conflicts?

I believe it works, as Kerbalism itself sees that RemoteTech is installed and uses it.

Peace.

Hello guys! Great mod! I really enjoy the slauthering of ker.... mmm challenges of Kerbalism: even if with it i'm gone no further than moon bases to test IRSU...(and sunbathing kerbals during a sunstorm for... "scientific purpose"?) the little fella was a little greener...

One issue(maybe):
seems i cannot see in flight how much time is left for the kerbals before stress emerges (a scroll down menù or a mousehover one).. or i missing something? And i still don't understand fully if switching vessel mid-flight affect it's stress (should as i understand but again no way to see).

A hopefull suggestion:
I know that Kerbal Star System will work toward Kerbalism integration in the future:
http://kerbal-star-systems.wikia.com/wiki/Planned_Features
but... would be great if one could build "permanent" bases on suitable *mmm citation needed* planets (oxygen, mass = kerbin) maybe mixing equipment with KPBS or CivPo.. just a suggestion..
unfortunately my code skills are struggling with JavaScript at the moment.. i cannot be very helpful in writing stuff that work.. xD

Edited by Krastynio

I'm running into a problem, I have a station in kerbin orbit that the crew will suddenly stress out very quickly and when i switch to the craft all the 200D plus resources for life support will suddenly disappear.  they then of course die.  I can fix the issue with a quickload most of the time but this is a deadly issue if i start to have multiple missions on the board as i wont be able to quickload all the time to fix everything.  Can i turn off a kerbalism option to fix this or has anyone else figured a fix for something like this?

4 hours ago, Krastynio said:

One issue(maybe):
seems i cannot see in flight how much time is left for the kerbals before stress emerges (a scroll down menù or a mousehover one).. or i missing something? And i still don't understand fully if switching vessel mid-flight affect it's stress (should as i understand but again no way to see).

In flight, you can click on the Kerbalism icon, select the ship, click on the crew, and hover over the brain symbol.  That will show you stress buildup %, but not time.  Stress is basically just a thing that fills up, just like radiation.  So switching to an identical vessel would make no difference; switching to a different vessel would change stress to the new rate.

2 minutes ago, garithmar said:

I'm running into a problem, I have a station in kerbin orbit that the crew will suddenly stress out very quickly and when i switch to the craft all the 200D plus resources for life support will suddenly disappear.  they then of course die.  I can fix the issue with a quickload most of the time but this is a deadly issue if i start to have multiple missions on the board as i wont be able to quickload all the time to fix everything.  Can i turn off a kerbalism option to fix this or has anyone else figured a fix for something like this?

Probably a mod conflict.  Look in KSP.log for errors and post your modlist, please.

2 hours ago, lordcirth said:

In flight, you can click on the Kerbalism icon, select the ship, click on the crew, and hover over the brain symbol.  That will show you stress buildup %, but not time.  Stress is basically just a thing that fills up, just like radiation.  So switching to an identical vessel would make no difference; switching to a different vessel would change stress to the new rate.

@lordcirth thanks.. apparently never seen the percentile.... 

3 hours ago, DrPastah said:

There's no guide on shielding and radiation. How do I know how much shielding I need?

The planner will predict your survival time under different conditions.  Full shielding on all habitats reduces radiation by 95%.  This will show as "20mm Pb".

4 hours ago, lordcirth said:

The planner will predict your survival time under different conditions.  Full shielding on all habitats reduces radiation by 95%.  This will show as "20mm Pb".

I had a space flight to the moon and had a k2 command module and the hitchhiker can. I put 3mm Pb on both but my kerbals still got up to 4% radiation. The K2 module was full on shielding. Did it work or not? Also, was I able to just have only shielding on the K2 module? Does Kerbalism calculate radiation based off a ratio of: (amount of actual shielding) / (full amount of shielding possible to have) even if you don't go into those modules?

1 hour ago, DrPastah said:

I had a space flight to the moon and had a k2 command module and the hitchhiker can. I put 3mm Pb on both but my kerbals still got up to 4% radiation. The K2 module was full on shielding. Did it work or not? Also, was I able to just have only shielding on the K2 module? Does Kerbalism calculate radiation based off a ratio of: (amount of actual shielding) / (full amount of shielding possible to have) even if you don't go into those modules?

You need to have full shielding on all habitable parts that have 'habitat' enabled... the radiation exposure is calculated based on kerbals moving around the vessel unobserved.

Turning off habitat on parts that are not in use during flight, like your landers and such and only having shielding on one remaining part where all your kerbals are will solve this radiation issue.  But then you reduce the space available for comfort.

Peace.

4 hours ago, DrPastah said:

3 hours ago, theJesuit said:

You need to have full shielding on all habitable parts that have 'habitat' enabled... the radiation exposure is calculated based on kerbals moving around the vessel unobserved.

Turning off habitat on parts that are not in use during flight, like your landers and such and only having shielding on one remaining part where all your kerbals are will solve this radiation issue.  But then you reduce the space available for comfort.

Peace.

Yeah, for mid-term missions, having one "storm shelter" with max shielding and the rest with less is very common.  You can move everyone into it and disable the rest.  Also, 4% radiation is fine - it gets reset as soon as you recover them, so there's no harm in that.  I usually don't use any shielding for Mun landings.  Even if a storm hits you'll get maybe 50%.

btw, Nertea updated the Near Future Tech mods today. I ran the game just to see if the conflict between Kerbalism and CryoTanks (see 

) still exists: yes it does. BUT! it only seemed to affect a craft that was transmitting science while not actively loaded... my comsats and other vessels were normal.

Hoping this helps track down wherever the bug is.

Also i should tag @Nertea here, shouldn't I?

Any reason my Kerbals died with 3% CO2 level?  Resource panel says there was 0% CO2 , but Kerbalism panel says 3%. Either way the Kerbals should not have died.  I think this mod is incompatible with RO !

UPDATE : Nevermind. There was an error in the Default.cfg

Was 

Process
  {
    name = scrubber
    modifier = _Scrubber
    input = [email protected]
    output = [email protected]     <-------We are creating toxic Co2 ??
  }

Change to this!

Process
  {
    name = scrubber
    modifier = _Scrubber
    output = [email protected]    
  }

So in a nutshell, the Kerbals were exhaling Co2 and then recycling it to get more Co2 ....LMAO! 

Edited by lextacy
found it

5 hours ago, lextacy said:

Any reason my Kerbals died with 3% CO2 level?  Resource panel says there was 0% CO2 , but Kerbalism panel says 3%. Either way the Kerbals should not have died.  I think this mod is incompatible with RO !

UPDATE : Nevermind. There was an error in the Default.cfg

Was 

Process
  {
    name = scrubber
    modifier = _Scrubber
    output = [email protected]     <-------We are creating toxic Co2 ??
  }

Change to this!

Process
  {
    name = scrubber
    modifier = _Scrubber
    output = [email protected]    
  }

So in a nutshell, the Kerbals were exhaling Co2 and then recycling it to get more Co2 ....LMAO! 

That's not a bug.  It may result in an incompatibility with RO, but Kerbalism was never designed to work with RO.  The scrubber works by taking WasteAtmosphere, ie air that has been breathed already, and extracting the CO2. The CO2 does not go back into the air, it gets stored in tanks, or if you don't have any room, dumped overboard.  Your "fix" may make it work with RO, but you are granting yourself free oxygen...  RO is designed to use TAC-LS, by the way.

Edited by lordcirth

11 hours ago, lordcirth said:

That's not a bug.  It may result in an incompatibility with RO, but Kerbalism was never designed to work with RO.  The scrubber works by taking WasteAtmosphere, ie air that has been breathed already, and extracting the CO2. The CO2 does not go back into the air, it gets stored in tanks, or if you don't have any room, dumped overboard.  Your "fix" may make it work with RO, but you are granting yourself free oxygen...  RO is designed to use TAC-LS, by the way.

AHH makes sense now. So this mod is more better out of the box with stock/TAC  . If your running RO then people can just use my fix. 

3 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

Does anyone know if ShotgunNinja comes back?

No - but hopefully he will make a return around the time of the next update (1.4).  He was looking into a major overhaul of kerbalism - but it does work with a little bit of adjustment in 1.3.1.

Peace.

8 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

Does anyone know if ShotgunNinja comes back?

he's been pretty good of keeping us posted of his absences in the past, which has made me worry a bit that no one's heard from him and he never said he was going to be away for several months (that I recall)

Hello,

I am currently playing a Kerbalism game and i am planning to use Extraplanetary Launchpads for manufacturing my ships offworld.

However I observed that "Shielding" is not a transferrable resource. So I was wondering how do I shield the habitats of the ships that I create with Extraplanetary Launchpads.