[1.3.0] Kerbalism v1.2.9

ShotgunNinja

20 minutes ago, theJesuit said:

I know I am probably wrong but in the LineRenderer.CS on the Continued github there are several ; after } 

That doesn't seem to be a thing in other CS files in the same folder.  I'll put an issue or pull request in if you want.

The bug is not in LineRender.cs, I didn't change this class!

I already add debug options to find the bug, also I already posted it before.

On 3/7/2018 at 11:11 PM, HaullyGames said:

Now KSP is using Unity 2017.3 and Kerbalism's shaders are not loading to me.

[Kerbalism-Continued] -> debug: Lib.GetShader - Adding shader '' into dicti
[Kerbalism-Continued] -> debug: Lib.GetShader - Shader isSupported: 'False'

Unity: https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/UpgradeGuide20173.html

LineRenderer.Init() call. 

// load shader
mat = Lib.GetShader("AntiAliasedLine");

Then Lib.GetShader is crashing.

Please, you can open an issue if you want, but the bug is related to Shader.

7 hours ago, HaullyGames said:

Hey @theJesuit,

Try to ask TextureReplacer team.

They already fixed the shader issue.

Great idea.

@RangeMachine and or @HaArLiNsH, would you mind (and have time and energy) to look into the shader issues for us over here in Kerbalism please?

The post with the issues @HaullyGamesis having is two above this.

Thanks and Peace.

5 hours ago, theJesuit said:

Great idea.

@RangeMachine and or @HaArLiNsH, would you mind (and have time and energy) to look into the shader issues for us over here in Kerbalism please?

The post with the issues @HaullyGamesis having is two above this.

Thanks and Peace.

Well I'm not really a great help about the shader question :) We were looking to maybe use the shader from Textures unlimited in TRR. 

Here's a few suggestions I have, and you can ignore them if you want, mod makers these days tend to get super angry with people that give suggestions and think it is a demand, so ignore if you have no interest. My suggestion is a 3.75m sized radiation active shield, which provides 10 protection (solar flares hit you with 5) but takes a lot of power, but not a ridiculous amount. It takes a lot of power but not more than several hydrogen powered fuel cells can provide.

7 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

Here's a few suggestions I have, and you can ignore them if you want, mod makers these days tend to get super angry with people that give suggestions and think it is a demand, so ignore if you have no interest. My suggestion is a 3.75m sized radiation active shield, which provides 10 protection (solar flares hit you with 5) but takes a lot of power, but not a ridiculous amount. It takes a lot of power but not more than several hydrogen powered fuel cells can provide.

That would be pretty straight forward to do by CFG file and rescaling the model.  

Peace.

22 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

A 3.75m active shield makes perfect sense, I'd like more 3.75m parts in general.  The exact balance I think needs work; shotgunninja said the active shield was fairly new and he wasn't sure about the balance.  So whatever numbers are decided, the 3.75m stats should be linear with mass,  I think.  It's simpler than way.

I can't believe I haven't found this mod before, it's probably one of the most interesting and complex mods out there; I look forward to trying it when I get home from work!

A couple of ideas for more fun stuff: carbon monoxide is even more dangerous than CO2, and is produced in small quantities in fires - an option for a fire could be added as a failure for some components. Fires would of course use O2 and release CO2 and CO. They should be rare I suppose but still, having to deal with a fire would be a really interesting mission, if you can find the time/effort to implement it :P

32 minutes ago, mattssheep4 said:

I can't believe I haven't found this mod before, it's probably one of the most interesting and complex mods out there; I look forward to trying it when I get home from work!

A couple of ideas for more fun stuff: carbon monoxide is even more dangerous than CO2, and is produced in small quantities in fires - an option for a fire could be added as a failure for some components. Fires would of course use O2 and release CO2 and CO. They should be rare I suppose but still, having to deal with a fire would be a really interesting mission, if you can find the time/effort to implement it :P

Thanks for share your ideas.

Right now I'm stuck in 1.4 bug. ;.;

Because of this, I'm not doing any code.

7 hours ago, mattssheep4 said:

Fires in space?  That is an evil, excellent idea!  Probably take a while to get around to it, though.  I imagine that venting the habitat would be the natural thing to do - could even do it automatically.  If you have other habs, you're just short on space - but if it's your only pod, then I guess you're in suits until you fix it.  However, IRL you wouldn't have time to suit up while venting...

55 minutes ago, lordcirth said:

Fires in space?  That is an evil, excellent idea!  Probably take a while to get around to it, though.  I imagine that venting the habitat would be the natural thing to do - could even do it automatically.  If you have other habs, you're just short on space - but if it's your only pod, then I guess you're in suits until you fix it.  However, IRL you wouldn't have time to suit up while venting...

But kerbals instantaneously do put their suits on when exiting a spacecraft.  

Will this ever get support for something like a system where modded parts like reactors, nuclear engines, radioactive fuel tanks etc. pose a radiation hazard to the Kerbals? Would be a nice touch of realism to have to account for the extra mass of shielding your command pods in order to not microwave your crew with the on-board fission reactor. Perhaps even a backwards option to only shield the part if you're going to be taking it to an environment you don't want to irradiate.

2 hours ago, b0ss said:

Will this ever get support for something like a system where modded parts like reactors, nuclear engines, radioactive fuel tanks etc. pose a radiation hazard to the Kerbals? Would be a nice touch of realism to have to account for the extra mass of shielding your command pods in order to not microwave your crew with the on-board fission reactor. Perhaps even a backwards option to only shield the part if you're going to be taking it to an environment you don't want to irradiate.

Nuclear engines already emit radiation; any other part can do so with a quick config.  Feel free to make a pull request here: https://github.com/ScienceFun/Kerbalism-Continued

8 hours ago, b0ss said:

Really? That's awesome! So how exactly does it work? Can you shield the reactors and such? And how does the radiation system work for parts?

Currently, Emission is just tacked on to the total radiation being received from the outside.  You can't specially shield reactors.  Shotgunninja had this on his TODO list, but he's absent.

2 hours ago, player101 said:

Hi, everyone! I want to add living volume and surface to kerbalism gravity ring (I don't believe that this ring unpressurized and can't be used as living room). How can I do this?

I was working on it.

The issue is that Gravity Ring & Habitat are two different things.

If add habitat without define the animation, this mean it can be habitable without deploy, but if you define it, when you gravity ring is not right.

The way that I defined was change the habitat to trigger a rotation when Habitat has Gravity Ring module + Habitat is habitable.

This change is almost done, I just stop to work on it because I'm try to solve the 1.4 issue.