[1.3.0] Kerbalism v1.2.9

ShotgunNinja

I'm having a bit of an odd bug with the radiation belts in my game.  While I'm flying through one with a kerbal, I get constant messages alternating between "kerbals on board are experiencing radiation sickness" and "kerbals on board have recovered from radiation sickness", about once or twice per second. This makes timewarping through the radiation belt impossible, and thus crewed missions beyond low orbit are impractical. Their actual radiation levels are 10.01 rad/hour while in the lower radiation belt, and under vitals the kerbals are at 0% for radiation exposure when this bug starts.

I am using a custom profile that I made for use with a real world sized solar system, and I have gone and changed all of the values for MTBF, and antenna strength, as well as all of the consumption rate of life support resources to allow for interplanetary missions in a larger solar system. I'm playing with sigma dimensions and my planets are rescaled to 10.625. 

The bit of code in my custom profile for the increased radiation tolerance is:  

Rule {
    name = radiation
    degeneration = 1.0 // just use the modifier
    variance = 0.1 // add per-kerbal variance
    modifier = radiation,shielding
    warning_threshold = 300.0   danger_threshold = 450.0
    fatal_threshold = 550.0
    warning_message = $ON_VESSEL$KERBAL has been exposed to intense radiation
    danger_message = $ON_VESSEL$KERBAL is reporting symptoms of radiation poisoning
    fatal_message = $ON_VESSEL$KERBAL died after being exposed to extreme radiation
    relax_message = $ON_VESSEL$KERBAL has recovered from radiation exposure
  }

The only thing I changed was increasing the threshold numbers drastically (around 11 times what it is in default settings)

Anyone have experience with this problem or know of a workaround? Will it break the game if I get rid of the radiation rule entirely?

How can I disable Kerbalism from killing my warps? I have like 50 vessels in space giving me warnings all the time. I can't even disable the warnings for lets say batteries when I lose connection with the vessel because it doesn't let me access the CFG due to "Connection timed-out". I have been trying to do a Duna mission which takes years but the warp killing is getting on my nerves. Any advice?

Edited by DrPastah

16 hours ago, aluc24 said:

I tested it, and it doesn't work... Is there any multi-system mod that works with Kerbalism at this moment? :D

The constellations star pack seems to work, but the magnetosphere tail always pointing away from your home star.  As for solar panel generating EC in these systems, I've never got around to checking that out.

Edited by Nathangun

11 hours ago, Nathangun said:

The constellations star pack seems to work, but the magnetosphere tail always pointing away from your home star.  As for solar panel generating EC in these systems, I've never got around to checking that out.

Consetellations is only for RSS though, isn't it?

22 hours ago, DrPastah said:

How can I disable Kerbalism from killing my warps? I have like 50 vessels in space giving me warnings all the time. I can't even disable the warnings for lets say batteries when I lose connection with the vessel because it doesn't let me access the CFG due to "Connection timed-out". I have been trying to do a Duna mission which takes years but the warp killing is getting on my nerves. Any advice?

Switch to the said vessel and then reconfigure notifications.

On the other note, has anyone any tweakscale config for active shields? I currently use 10 2.5m active shields, but I need to lower the part count, or increase active shield strength, so I need bigger parts...

3 hours ago, DrPastah said:

It still doesn't let me reconfigure notifications for the vessel because of no connection.

Manual save file edit. Find section like:

vessels
        {
            {
                msg_signal = False
                msg_belt = False
                cfg_ec = True
                cfg_supply = True
                cfg_signal = True
                cfg_malfunction = True
                cfg_storm = True
                cfg_script = True
                cfg_highlights = True
                cfg_showlink = True

set cfg_ec (battery), cfg_supply (supply), cfg_malfunction (realibility) cfg_storm (storm) to false.

On 12/12/2017 at 9:56 AM, Arivald Ha'gel said:

On the other note, has anyone any tweakscale config for active shields? I currently use 10 2.5m active shields, but I need to lower the part count, or increase active shield strength, so I need bigger parts...

I prepared them myself, although it took some time. Added this to active shield part:

MODULE
  {
    name = TweakScale
    type = active_shield
  }

And created tweakscale.cfg in support with contents:

TWEAKSCALEEXPONENTS 
{
	name = Emitter 
	radiation = 2.5
	ec_rate = 2.5
}

SCALETYPE
{    
	name = active_shield
	freeScale = true    
	defaultScale = 2.50    
	suffix = m    
	scaleFactors   = 0.1,  0.3,   0.625, 1.25,  2.5,  3.75, 5.0, 7.5, 10, 15, 20, 30, 40
	incrementSlide = 0.01, 0.025, 0.025, 0.025, 0.05, 0.05, 0.1, 0.1, 0.2, 0.2, 0.4, 0.4
  TWEAKSCALEEXPONENTS 
  {
    dryCost = 2.5
    mass = 2.5
  }
}

It works!

Hi everyone, I really like of this mod, so I added some more functions for this game.

1. Deploy System (New)
    • EcCost to Extend\Retract parts.
      • Antenna (Kerbalism) \ Transmitter (CommNet's antennas)
        • It also requires Ec to keep working, otherwise the antenna will lose connection (inactive).
        • ExtendedAntenna config affect CommNet's antennas if Deploy System is enabled.
          • This means your CommNet's antenna needs to be extended to work with CommNet.
      • Ladder
      • Landing Gear
      • Drill
        • Also I fixed the animation, when vessel doesn't has EC, the animation will stop.
      • Lights
        • Added cost to Command\Cockpit\Cabin lights, these were the only lights that keep ON without EC
      • Science
        • Implementing to OrbitalScanner(Narrow-Band Scanner) & SurveyScanner (M700 Survey Scanner), will be concluded in the next days
  2. Automation (Improvements)
    • Added support to Transmitter (CommNet's antennas)
      • Now you can Extend/Retarct through Automation system
    • Integrations with Deploy System
      • When you have an antenna deployed but don't have EC, it will shown as an inactive device.
      • You cannot extend an antenna device when you don't have EC
  3. Signal (Improvements)
    • If UnlinkedControl = none, you can't Extend/Retract antenna without signal.
    • Future Improvements
      • I'm creating a CommNet to Kerbalism(K_CommNet). I really like to have KSC as target than have the planet.
        • I hope to have this finished before Christmas, it is almost 80% finished, some optimizations are missing.
      • Consider maximum bandwidth (0% completed)
        • When you have 1 vessel with 128kbps as relay, you can have 2 other vessels sending 128kbps at same time, this means your relay is sending as 256kbps.
      • Science Relay (0% completed)
        • This will work as Science Relay Mod, but 100% integrated to Kerbalism
      • CommNet Constellation (0% completed)
        • This will work as CommNet Constellation, but 100% integrated to Kerbalism
          • This away you can define routes, which antenna can have a different group of communication.

Since I have to tell, I'm not a developer, but I'm proud of myself :), I have been working hard on it for 3 weeks and maybe I didn't test everything, then be carefuller, do a backup of your game save before add it.

NOTE: I just tested the game with the Kerbalism mod, I still do not know the compatibility with other mods.

I have a couple of screenshot to share, but I didn't know how to do that here.

Video:

Edited by HaullyGames

5 hours ago, HaullyGames said:

Hi everyone, I really like of this mod, so I added some more functions

Since I have to tell, I'm not a developer, but I'm proud of myself :), I have been working hard on it for 3 weeks and maybe I didn't test everything, then be carefuller, do a backup of your game save before add it.

NOTE: I just tested the game with the Kerbalism mod, I still do not know the compatibility with other mods.

I have a couple of screen shot to shared, but I didn't know how to do that here.

Very cool!  Could you integrate my and others' PR's against the main repo, if you are forking?  https://github.com/ShotgunNinja/Kerbalism/pulls There's lots of good stuff there that's been sitting there for a while.

3 hours ago, lordcirth said:

Very cool!  Could you integrate my and others' PR's against the main repo, if you are forking?  https://github.com/ShotgunNinja/Kerbalism/pulls There's lots of good stuff there that's been sitting there for a while.

https://github.com/ShotgunNinja/Kerbalism/pull/165

I just added your request to my Branch, this will be included on K_CommNet branch.

Edited by HaullyGames

16 hours ago, HaullyGames said:

I'm creating a CommNet to Kerbalism(K_CommNet). I really like to have KSC as target than have the planet.

will it be hardcoded to KSC or can it be made to search for other defined ground stations? Will it work this way as well when you're close to the planet flying through the atmosphere in a plane?

On 12/16/2017 at 8:00 PM, Drew Kerman said:

will it be hardcoded to KSC or can it be made to search for other defined ground stations? Will it work this way as well when you're close to the planet flying through the atmosphere in a plane?

It is only a CommNet integration to Kerbalism, this means if you enable "Extra ground stations" option or create a new Ground Station object, it should be able to connect.

Most of the code is using CommNet (ICommAntenna), but I had to add K_Antenna module because:

1. Kbps/ecCost (the same as Kerbalism's antennas) this is required to Kerbalism's Science.
  2. Vlan that give support to define Lans (this will work as CommNetConstellation mod, basic is change the name and move UI functions to Kerbalism Panel)
  3. I'm thing to add support to Signal Delay mod, but maybe won't be necessary, once we have ICommAntennas(CommNet) working

The issues that bring me to create a new interface (K_CommNet) are:

• CommNet don't update ControlPath for unloaded vessel (do only once)
    • This cause me issues to update the signal, ........

Ops, I had an idea, maybe I don't need create K_CommNet, I will stop my post here, I'll be back soon.

Ok , I'm back. I didn't find a solution to CommNet x Kerbalism. :(

The CommNet didn't update as I thought.

I'm still working on it.

Edited by HaullyGames

3 hours ago, makkz said:

I'm trying to write a patch for the upcoming Station Parts Expansion Redux. However, I'm not sure how to add support for the inflatable habitats.

Here is one of the inflatable habs: the small, round habitat.

Anyone got any pointers?

I guess "GameData\Kerbalism\Support\VSR.cfg" is the file.

Edited by HaullyGames

Today I had a walking dead Kerbal on my station. When I took a look at that station nitrogen and oxygen showed "perpetual" an my inhabitant was still alive, even could go on eva  with the warning of an lack of oxygen. So I suddenly started a already prepared resupply capsule - minutes went I by and I saved the game to catch some sleep. 

Next day, I got an Oxygen warning and some minutes later he really was dead. Very strange! Supplys arrived 40 minutes later ... At least the smell on the station was low due to no nitrogen left and pressure at 40 kpa.

Another question: Why is the ECLSS quality that expansive? It doobles or almost triples the cost. Is this sane?

7 hours ago, New Horizons said:

Today I had a walking dead Kerbal on my station. When I took a look at that station nitrogen and oxygen showed "perpetual" an my inhabitant was still alive, even could go on eva  with the warning of an lack of oxygen. So I suddenly started a already prepared resupply capsule - minutes went I by and I saved the game to catch some sleep. 

Next day, I got an Oxygen warning and some minutes later he really was dead. Very strange! Supplys arrived 40 minutes later ... At least the smell on the station was low due to no nitrogen left and pressure at 40 kpa.

Another question: Why is the ECLSS quality that expansive? It doobles or almost triples the cost. Is this sane?

How did you have "perpetual" oxygen with a Kerbal?  Greenhouses?

Raising part quality is expensive because things break, and making things that don't break is hard.  High Quality should only be used when redundancy isn't a good option.  Have 2 of each ECLSS part you have, each with enough capacity for everything. Then the first failure would have been merely a warning.