[1.3.0] Kerbalism v1.2.9

ShotgunNinja

15 hours ago, ShotgunNinja said:

The helmet forced on/off is this mod, that overwrite the changes of the others changing the helmet...

Looks like the Kerbalism conflicts with KIS helmet removal badly, making it impossible to remove the helmet in a breathable atmosphere. The helmet flickers on try but stays.

That looks especially silly with TextureReplacer:

VyUhe0M.jpg

Maybe it would be wise to let KIS and TextureReplacer do their thing when they're installed?

50 minutes ago, ALIO11 said:

the best mod EVER i used

but how to get oxygen in space?

If someone knew how to make oxygen out of the vacuum in space, I'm pretty sure NASA would love to know :wink:

You have to bring enough, and then use scrubbers to make it last longer. The planning tool when you are building your ship should tell you exactly how long the oxygen will last with and without an active scrubber.

I have created a pull request with a basic RemoteTech2 support:
https://github.com/ShotgunNinja/Kerbalism/pull/9

Everyone, who wants it to be included into Kerbalism is welcome to test it in your game. You should download the .dll which attached to pull request and put it over the one, which bundled with Kerbalism. Please, do some backups of your saves beforehand.

6 minutes ago, Enceos said:

@neochief Thanks for your endeavor. May I ask, does it feature a connection blackout during coronal mass ejections?

If you use RemoteTech with this change, you will not experience connection blackouts during radiation hits. But you will have them if you don't use RemoteTech. In regards to connectivity, it could only be either RT2 or Kerbalism. Deeper integration is indeed possible, but I'm not even sure that a current change would be accepted.

In next version, done:

- signal mechanic disable itself if there is RemoteTech or AntennaRange installed

- fixed the helmet problem in case KIS is installed

- support PlanetaryBaseSystem generators in background resources, malfunctions and on the planner

- more hooks added

and still to do:

- malfunction mechanic disable itself if there is DangIt + {insert other similar mods here}

- support NearFutureElectrical FissionGenerator and RadioisotopeGenerator modules (this is hard!)

One of the oxygen tanks and something else was left inside of the Command and Control tab.

And on that note, if you don't want them lost in the clutter, you can make a separate tab for those parts for easier sorting. There's a Life Support tab being used by one (or a few mods), so that's also an option.

2 hours ago, ShotgunNinja said:

In next version, done:

- signal mechanic disable itself if there is RemoteTech or AntennaRange installed

- fixed the helmet problem in case KIS is installed

- support PlanetaryBaseSystem generators in background resources, malfunctions and on the planner

- more hooks added

and still to do:

- malfunction mechanic disable itself if there is DangIt + {insert other similar mods here}

- support NearFutureElectrical FissionGenerator and RadioisotopeGenerator modules (this is hard!)

Thanks! Big thanks! But better would be if your merge this mechanic into your amazing mod! :D Very nice future for me and this mod! Again Thanks! :D

Ave!

Toonu

The constant signal disconnect/reconnect has returned for me, but it is a bit random. It only occurs while changing SOI, but sometimes it doesn't happen, and it doesn't happen if the satellite is hyperedited to another body. https://www.dropbox.com/s/o0ft2tpglsm8h0e/Logs.7z?dl=0

Had to zip the logs, as there was quite a lot of bloat from EVE, due to a stupid config mistake I made - at least I think so, anyways... testing that, and if it works I'll put up logs with no bloat. EVE bloat is gone, and the signal bug remains. https://www.dropbox.com/s/o0ft2tpglsm8h0e/Logs.7z?dl=0

Bloatless logs. Also, it would be very nice to have a toggle for signal loss timewarp halting, as issues like this or probes in orbit of moons without a relay system essentially prevent timewarp.

Edited by lagcity613

@lagcity613 Thank for the log, will take a look. Timewarp stops are disabled if you disable the 'signal warnings' for that vessel, click on a vessel in the monitor.

@Box of Stardust Fixed in next version, was a mistake when I moved everything to utility I forgot those.

EDIT: some screenshots

Untitled0.png

Untitled1.png

Edited by ShotgunNinja
screenshots

ShotgunNinja,

Are the actual scrubber efficiency values hard coded or cumulative? For example 'Scrubber efficiency = Scrubber efficiency + 10' per tech upgrade.

Since ETT is branch based and does stuff rather wildly, it is easy for the end user to side step science for a really long time. In my ETT config, I thought (My opinion) that the first scrubber upgrade [tech0] would go somewhere in the science branch to simulate a new invention. The rest would probably be placed in the manned space exploration branch further out. If the efficiency values are cumulative, no problems.

The problem shows up when the end user plows into the manned space exploration branch picking up scrubber upgrades [tech1->tech3] and then goes back to the science branch to snag [tech0]. If hard-coded, I'd assume the user would end up with a scrubber efficiency much worse then what they previously had. Sure, I could just put all [tech0->tech3] upgrades in the manned space exploration branch and be done with it, but that branch seems a bit cramped and expensive. Thought I'd toss a scrubber upgrade elsewhere.

Hope all that made sense. Thanks!

39 minutes ago, ShotgunNinja said:

@lagcity613 Thank for the log, will take a look. Timewarp stops are disabled if you disable the 'signal warnings' for that vessel, click on a vessel in the monitor.

@Box of Stardust Fixed in next version, was a mistake when I moved everything to utility I forgot those.

EDIT: some screenshots

Untitled0.png

Untitled1.png

Thanks, didn't realize that.

Anyone had any success in sending interplanetary unmanned probes? 

Sent a probe to Moho. I had 3 spare antennae, extra solar panels and a redundant reaction wheel... nope. Engine overheat 400%, finally all antennae malfunctioned and I lost control :( It appears I have to send an engineer with all vessels.

It's brilliant, running it on 10scale with Kerbal Construction Time and I just can't leave it alone (just one more launch...  need to rescue Val).

The only thing I would suggest is maybe writing the Malfunctions into the vessel notes ?  At the moment I'm scribing on a notepad, unless I've missed something that's already logging them.

Thanks for re-energising my whole game.

On Tuesday, April 26, 2016 at 11:57 AM, Brucey said:

This mod looks neat.  Think I'll give it a try.

Will this....

...play nice with ETT?

btw, the "coherent background simulation" was something I was looking for, and failed to find, a year ago.  I'm glad someone's finally figured out how to do it.  How did you deal with variable ec production from solar panels?  That always seemed to be the difficult part. 

Nope! Won't play nice with ETT. I posted a model config a while back and got no response. I'm close to finalizing my ETT config including the regex string replacements.

PM me in a day or so, and i'll send you a config that deals with the tech stuff. Use at your own risk!

@ShotgunNinja The NFPropulsion patch needs to include the stock ionEngine (i.e., @PART[ionEngine, ionArgon-*,ionXenon-*,mpdt-*,pit-*,vasimr-*]). I imagine you removed it because you figured it's already covered by the EnergyTweaks config. The problem is, NearFuturePropulsion overwrites the properties of the ionEngine, which happens after EnergyTweaks.

Incidentally, the adjustments made by NFP approximately double its EC consumption, so the subsequent cut to 25% by the NFP patch will end up in about the same place as your original 50% cut to the stock properties.

Having some trouble with this Mod on a fresh 1.1 KSP install.

1. The first Oxygen is somewhat high in the tech tree, and the mod did not include oxygen in the default capsules. Luckily, the CO2 scrubber works, but eventually my Kerbal suffocated while flying around in an aircraft at 12km.

2. The only antenna that had the Relay option, was the one included in the Parts folder. The antennas that are located in the SQUAD parts folder did not get edited by the mod, and thus have no relay option. I copy & pasted the MODULE from the Short Antenna CFG file into the other antenna CFG files, and they were able to enable the Relay function, but they have the same range as the basic 8 antenna.

Edited by Deaddin