G940 Joystick Setup

So, I've been trying to get the G940 set-up for KSP for a while now. In the axis mapping under settings in KSP it used to show an axis (2.0 for Y axis and 2.1 for X axis on G940 joystick), and I was able to click accept but in game nothing happened. Now it wont even show an axis when I attempt to map, and I didnt change anything. So I downloaded PPjoy and created a virtual joystick, and verified in windows 10 under the "Set up USB Game Controllers" window that PPJoy was in fact reporting the axes correctly. Still nothing in Kerbal. I am currently running the 1.1 beta, and I'm at a loss... Any help here would be appreciated from anyone who got a HOTAS/Joystick working with Kerbal. And FYI I've been googling and searching the forums for 3 days and tried a multitude of solutions (deleting settings.cfg etc) with no luck. Just looking for someone who had issues with the axis not showing up under mapping to explain how they set their joystick up. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same problem.  I am running a G940 and saitek pedals, and KSP senses and names the pedals just fine in the settings file, and the settings menu SEES the inputs, if you move the axis while assigning it changes and assigns the axis but it doesn't save it somehow.  It SEES the joystick, just doesn't use it.  The fact that it's not pulling in the joystick name is interesting and might be a cause.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.