Demum Perveniemus - A stock career report webcomic (Chapter 15!)

Parkaboy

Just now, Kerbiter said:

Whitewing...

White Knight, the carrier plane for SpaceShipTwo of Virgin Galactic! I knew it reminded me of that!

Me too. Execpt the Whitewing just decouplers the carrier, while White Knight then flys back to the runway. I suppose you would need a stage recovery mod for it.

3 hours ago, max_creative said:

Me too. Execpt the Whitewing just decouplers the carrier, while White Knight then flys back to the runway. I suppose you would need a stage recovery mod for it.

Yes, but since I'm playing stock in this savegame, at least I can save funds on the first stage. Since it isn't recoverable, it doesn't have a probe core or batteries. In fact, it's just a couple of tanks, engines, wings and wheels. It's not as efficient as a plain rocket stage (since it has more drag and due to the cost of the extra parts), but it's safer to fly and looks cooler.

1 hour ago, TopHeavy11 said:

Hey @Parkaboy, didn't you get the Whitewing 1 design from an actual suborbital spaceplane design called the White Knight? Now @Kuzzter needs to make another side comic to rival!

Yes, I based the Whitewing on the White Knight. I always wanted to do a ship like that.

As for @Kuzzter doing a side comic, that would be great, but he definitely doesn't need to do it to beat me. Kerbfleet is too good. I'm glad it isn't a competition. :wink:

37 minutes ago, UnusualAttitude said:

"We're still working on those zero-g board games." 

Typically Kerbal - a spacefaring civilisation that has not yet discovered the magnet. 

Great comic ! 

Well, in their defense, the dice can be pretty tricky.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.