The Grand KSP 1.1 Discussion Thread

KasperVld

3 minutes ago, Harry Rhodan said:

Wohoo!

Still crashing on launch.

I'm very curious as to how many people experience bugs or crashes due to the current build post release.  It'll be interesting to see which bugs were fixed overnight, which are going to be hot-fixed in the next week or so, and which are going to be left for 1.2.

Wow, was not expecting the full release this soon....

1 minute ago, stuff said:

yes the windows version has no 64bit exe

Wait, what?
yeah....the 1.1 I just downloaded from the store just has the one exe.  What's going on?
(not tried the steam version yet...maybe that's different?) 

4 hours ago, KasperVld said:

The update to Unity 5 means that the game’s performance has increased all-round, both on high end and low end machines you’ll notice the difference immediately.

Are you sure about that?  Y'all removed the SM2 shaders from the settings and call them "LEGACY_UNSUPPORTED" in the settings file.  A lot of us on lower-end graphics cards relied on those older shaders to make performance bearable.  On the last pre-release I was still experiencing massive lag in low Kerbin and Duna orbit.  Has this been changed for the release?

Edited by regex

Squad actually fixed the Stage View readout bug that's been around since .9?!   :0.0:

Landing gear are still a mess.  I just watched my basic jet pogo backwards off the end of the runway.

I'm running 1.1.something (x64) according to the launch screen, didn't have to do anything other than launch the game.

2 minutes ago, sal_vager said:

@Robotengineer, on Macs it's a unified binary, it'll run in 64bit if your OS is 64bit.

On Windows and Linux it's a discreet binary for each.

And the WIN-version i DLed from the store like an hour ago has only one .exe....

Edited by Mr. Scruffy

Have the aerodynamics changed?  My old plane designs from 1.0.5 seem to be very roll happy compared to the way they used to fly.  And the LY-01 wheels bounce like crazy just trying to take off.  EDIT: Also, the LY-05 explodes when physics loads due to being 'overstressed', so it is completely unusable.

Edited by Alshain

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.