The Grand KSP 1.1 Discussion Thread

KasperVld

@GregroxMun: I think you're right with your suspicion that it's not only the music but the sound effects in general that are low quality, but I can't be sure there, could be nocebo. The music is definitely broken, though. 

47 minutes ago, mcirish3 said:

Wow way simpler than I thought, never occurred to me that you would not be the admin on your own PC.

its not that you aren't the admin on your own PC, its how windows handles administrator privileges. user account control restricts you current permissions unless you explicitly tell it to run as administrator as a security feature. This way an app can't have the level of control needed to do damage quite as easily since you get that "are you sure" window. It's definitely far from foolproof, but it does help some.

On a Mac: managed to completely crash the game within 10 minutes. Fresh install, no mods, was simply placing a sepatron on newly built rocket.

On Windows 7: Black screens at times, at the space center, in the VAB or in orbit. It's really frustrating. Everythings works, just a black screen. In the VAB it flickers in and out as you rotate in the VAB. 

Squad, I'm really disappointed here. 1.1 seemed like it would be new ground, but this is just a seemingly buggy release that I'm beta testing. 

Im seriously debating going back to 1.0.5 until some major hot fixes for 1.1 come out

Pros: 
Better graphics
faster loading

Cons:
Wheels can't be clipped
Wheels can't be angled of center
Landing wheels break far to easily

Pros
Nothing is broken

Cons
Less impressive graphics
Slower load time

Over all 1.1.0 is a disappointment. I understand that the things that are broken are more of the game engines fault than Squads. However I think I speak for the most of us when I say it would have been better for Squad to wait till the unity engine is fixed of those bugs before releasing.

For me personaly Im in a RP group and I relied on my vehicles not breaking. I get Squad is not making the game for me but for most of us we put so much time and effort into it that when there is a huge game braking issues like that in 1.1.0 we feel very let down.  Ive always been impressed with Squad and how they handle everything. I also understand they are human so mistakes like 1.1 are bound to happen. Im sure they will get around to fixing it soon like they usually do. Thats what makes Squad so great.
However while I do feel Squad is great when it comes to customer service, even they are not above criticism.  
Like I said 1.1 is a huge let down for most of us but Im sure Squad will bounce back soon.
But until then….im going back to 1.0.5 

Ive decided to go back to 1.0.5 until some major hot fixes for 1.1 come out.
Better graphics and faster loading time are not enough to keep me in this update the landing gear on my fighter that works perfectly fine in 1.0.5 can't take off without destroying the wheels. 
Squad you are great and I love your amazing costumer service. Even when you do mess up you are quick to fix. I don't doubt things like this will get fixed ASAP. But until then I want something that is playable over something that runs faster and looks pretty. 

37 minutes ago, DonaldPK51 said:

My Mun and Minmus bases are "parked" at the correct height, but the landing struts are sunk into the ground. Also, my flags fall over when I enter physics. Anyone else got these issues?

Yes, I got it when I opened a 1.0 5 save in 1.1.  I also had some probes on the seabed that fell through towards the centre of Kerbin.  Stuff I plant in 1.1 has been ok so far, though I haven't done much yet.

I've also taken the precaution of checking the landing gear on all my planes. So at least any new ones I fly will be ok.

10 minutes ago, Motokid600 said:

"1.1 is a huge let down for most of us"

Incorrect. Speak for yourself please. 

So you are not having any problems with taking your jets off and not having the wheels explode? You know something that is needed for aircraft?

I think your pros list for 1.1 is a bit short. 

Better performance
64-bit
kspedia (not sure if that is the name)
Much improved UI....

The list goes on. Also I don't think you can say that nothing was broken in 1.0.5 and I am quite sure less is broken in 1.1 than ever before.

I do agree with you that the landing gear break too easily but I think there is a hot fix coming out for some bugs soon.

7 minutes ago, InsaneDruid said:

So 1.1 is "a disappointment" because there are three things that could be described as issues. (for me: wheel clipping was and is a pure no-no).

Yea sure.

Please don't speak for me when referencing the "most of us" in that way.

I will speak for us because those things are vital to the game
There is no logical reason for landing gear to explode on take off

1 minute ago, worir4 said:

I think your pros list for 1.1 is a bit short. 

Better performance
64-bit
kspedia (not sure if that is the name)
Much improved UI....

The list goes on. Also I don't think you can say that nothing was broken in 1.0.5 and I am quite sure less is broken in 1.1 than ever before.

I do agree with you that the landing gear break too easily but I think there is a hot fix coming out for some bugs soon.

And when they get fixed along with the rover wheels I will gladly go back to 1.1
Im not hating on Squad. They should be proud of how far they have come. However some things that are detrimental need to be fixed.
After all you can't make a rover fit in the MK3 cargo bay without using the off center gizmo to make the wheels fit better on the cargo but in the current 1.1 doing so makes the wheels unusable

1 minute ago, War Eagle 1 said:

So you are not having any problems with taking your jets off and not having the wheels explode? You know something that is needed for aircraft?

I don't make planes much. Which is why I say speak for yourself. 

1 minute ago, War Eagle 1 said:

Actually no. I made sure I went through all my aircraft designs to check as I knew there was a risk due to the changes. On only one of my aircraft (which used the smallest non retractable gear) was there an issue. The rest all work ok and I had to change undercarriage sizes on a couple simply because the model changed.  Yes the wheels all behave differently,  and it was made clear that they would, but no big issues for me as yet.  It is obvious that they still need tweaks and balance adjustments though. 

1 minute ago, Motokid600 said:

I don't make planes much. Which is why I say speak for yourself. 

So because you are happy with just rockets i should change up may play style and just accept 1.1 and its brokenness

Just now, pandaman said:

Actually no. I made sure I went through all my aircraft designs to check as I knew there was a risk due to the changes. On only one of my aircraft (which used the smallest non retractable gear) was there an issue. The rest all work ok and I had to change undercarriage sizes on a couple simply because the model changed.  Yes the wheels all behave differently,  and it was made clear that they would, but no big issues for me as yet.  It is obvious that they still need tweaks and balance adjustments though. 

So far all of my crafts I've had to go and fix. One in particular I've already spend close to 2-3 hours on and the gear still explodes on take off. 

Yeah, performance in 1.1 is fantastic (I get about triple the framerate on my larger crafts, ~7 fps vs 30 fps in 1.1) and I think they have squashed a lot of older bugs.

That being said, wheels are just a broken mess.  All of my rovers from my 1.0.5 game in 1.1 turn towards each other, making it impossible to steer.  They also drive in circles, so it looks like it flips the geometry of radial symmetry for upgraded save games.

Also, you cannot repair broken wheels using an engineer.

Then there is the landing gear.  They are too weak, and very bouncy.  I can't land ANY planes in the game!  They all explode.

And the Tier 1 runway is still a joke and really needs a redo.

Other then that, the game is great!

Just now, Motokid600 said:

Nope. Just speak for yourself. 

Except I've seen the vast majority of people in the thread have similar issues. If i say its just me then i get responses like "sucks to suck" or "its just you" when its happening to many of us

1 minute ago, zilfondel said:

I can't land ANY planes in the game!  They all explode.

I can't even get off the run way without them exploding

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.