The Grand KSP 1.1 Discussion Thread

KasperVld

12 minutes ago, MailletC said:

So, the new communications system, that was announced, is not included in this update?

KybLBT2.png

I'll be honest, this was the single most important thing I was looking forward to. The performance updates are all well and good, but I really wanted to try this out.

This was bumped back to the 1.2 release quite a while ago.

7 minutes ago, MailletC said:

I find that's been business-as-usual for a while now, at least since v.90 beta.

It's a shame, because I burnt myself out on the alpha and beta versions, and on every update I come back to try to enjoy the new content, but because I always do so within a few weeks of the large patches, I encounter gamebreaking bugs, stupid issues and other things that frustrate me enough to send me back to CSGO or whatever other shooter I was playing beforehand...

18 minutes ago, Majorjim said:

I am surprised the UI was not fixed before release as it is part of the announced upgrades.. It is impossible to read when rescaled.

Yeah, you'd think they would do some polishing before release. But no, they needed to release because they got themselves stuck with an appointment with Das and things were taking longer than they thought. Plus the steam thing.

Nothing against Das of course since he's not the one who chose to release at this time.

But at least they got the wheels and struts to a point where it's manageable.

Edited by smjjames

2 hours ago, Combatsmithen said:

Lol, I got done playing from the depths, and I see steam downloading something, so i take a look and its KSP! And im like "welp, know what that is! ITS 1.1!!!!!"

Nice game too!

4 minutes ago, DebatedNothing said:

Oh damn, has it really been almost a year? Time flies when you're doing A levels I guess...

To be fair, there have been a few quiet significant updates inbetween.

I've no doubt we will see additional patches to refine wheel / gear suspension, friction and other details; wheels and landing gear aren't "fundamentally" broken. Looking at the change log you can see a huge number of lines devoted to them, it has been one of the most complicated feature overhauls.

6 minutes ago, Jetski said:

The small grey non-steerable wheels are bouncing around like crazy and then my ship blows up.  is this normal?  Playing the x64 with only KER mod installed.

This is an issue everyone is having. I'm finding them unusable to the point where I'm just launching planes as vertical rockets with drop-boosters then bracing for impact on landing (I had a very amusing landing in a learjet-esque design where the tail came off, the front half started flying like a boomerang and then crashed about 400m away)

Just now, DebatedNothing said:

This is an issue everyone is having. I'm finding them unusable to the point where I'm just launching planes as vertical rockets with drop-boosters then bracing for impact on landing (I had a very amusing landing in a learjet-esque design where the tail came off, the front half started flying like a boomerang and then crashed about 400m away)

Yeah, should have waited longer for the release.

Hopefully they acknowledge the bugs and stuff because they've got a bit of explaining to do, not to me, but the community in general.

10 minutes ago, Temeter said:

To be fair, there have been a few quiet significant updates inbetween.

Yes I know, I just mean it doesn't feel like a year since "KSP release".

6 minutes ago, smjjames said:

Yeah, should have waited longer for the release.

Hopefully they acknowledge the bugs and stuff because they've got a bit of explaining to do, not to me, but the community in general.

That's what I'm realising. I always come back to KSP after an update, but always too soon so the bugs are still present and it puts me off playing again.

3 minutes ago, DebatedNothing said:

Idk about that release thing. Played KSP long ago before it was cool (and went on steam) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 minute ago, DebatedNothing said:

That's what I'm realising. I always come back to KSP after an update, but always too soon so the bugs are still present and it puts me off playing again.

You think a perfect bug free version of KSP will ever exist? I tend to expect it to be under a constant state of improvement up until a sequel is well into development and support stops or interest wains and support stops.

6 minutes ago, Temeter said:

Idk about that release thing. Played KSP long ago before it was cool (and went on steam) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Same here man, been at it since Alpha. Still miss the old textures and explosions. The way they remained for so long really added to the effect of a huge spacecraft explosions because the separate clouds stayed around long enough to "stack" and build up to a larger one, whereas now the effects are too short to really overlap and seem to add up. Anyway, rose tinted glasses removed.

5 minutes ago, EliasDanger said:

You think a perfect bug free version of KSP will ever exist? I tend to expect it to be under a constant state of improvement up until a sequel is well into development and support stops or interest wains and support stops.

Nope, not really. But there's "bug free" and "free of game breaking bugs that you experience every time within 20 minutes of a career mode play through". 

1 minute ago, EliasDanger said:

I don't think anybody said that. I just thought they would try to polish out the bugs more before release, especially a big one as this.

At least they'll have a much wider pool to get bug reports from now.

Also, I feel like posting a thread asking about where do we go from here as far as bug reporting because I like the bug report system better than the tech support thread, but then again, the tech support thread is better suited for handling tech support. But... I'm gonna wait and see what they say in the devnotes.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.