The Grand KSP 1.1 Discussion Thread

KasperVld

Lots good stuff! I mean, really, the little things are amazing. Thanks, Squad.

3 hours ago, KasperVld said:

* Make editor gizmo input locks matter.
* Split map control lock into two different ones (MAP_UI and MAP_TOGGLE).
* Add ten part search algorithms, controlled by prefixing each tag with a symbol.
* Added ability to open and close SciJr doors from the ship (to control thermal issues during reentry).

Can someone explain me what these four items mean? The first one, I don't even understand the phrasing. I'm guessing 'locks' is a noun, not a verb, and 'matter' is a verb, not a noun, but I still don't get it.

I don't get also what the map control lock is; what are the "different algorithms" and what good is it to have more than one; and what the deal about opening and closing doors is (I mean, wasn't a "Deploy" action already there?).

Cheers!

5 minutes ago, Alshain said:

Have the aerodynamics changed?  My old plane designs from 1.0.5 seem to be very roll happy compared to the way they used to fly.  And the LY-01 wheels bounce like crazy just trying to take off.

Yeah, noticed that too. Did a 360 during landing. I had applied wheel brakes once my speed fell to below 27 m/s and then - wow, spun faster than a merry-go-round... Jeb may have been all smiles but I wasn't... :huh:

NOTE TO SQUAD AND MODERATORS:  Please do not take this as a criticism. I know there is a wheel update coming soon, as per the various Devnote Tuesdays, various forum posts, etc.  It was just tricky not flipping the craft. I even had to use both hands (so I had to put down my Diet Coke) to land and STOP, something I haven't done since the old Space Shuttle Simulator from the 1980s... :cool:

Edited by adsii1970

34 minutes ago, EliasDanger said:

I NO RITE?! STOOPID SQUID CANT GIVE US WARING ABOUT STOOPID UPDATE. GARRR! MY CAR EAR IS BROKEN NOW.  WE STEEM POPLE NEED WARINGS A BOUT THESE TINGS!

Ugh.... I wanna assume his post was just satire too.

Egads. 'SQUID' always cracks me up!

Just now, adsii1970 said:

Yeah, noticed that too. Did a 360 during landing. I had applied wheel brakes once my speed fell to below 27 m/s and then - wow, spun faster than a merry-go-round... Jeb may have been all smiles but I wasn't... :huh:

I noticed an authority limit on the ailerons, lowering that seems to help.  Still no idea why the LY-01 makes the plane wobble on take off or why the LY-05 explodes when the plane is dropped on the runway (sometimes).

3 minutes ago, Alshain said:

I noticed an authority limit on the ailerons, lowering that seems to help.  Still no idea why the LY-01 makes the plane wobble on take off or why the LY-05 explodes when the plane is dropped on the runway (sometimes).

Well I take that back, Authority Limit didn't help at all.  I can't get my planes to turn properly at all.

1 minute ago, Alshain said:

Well I take that back, Authority Limit didn't help at all.  I can't get my planes to turn properly at all.

That's ok. Something happened with the last patch and now I cannot get the game to load. It crashes.

@KasperVld Maybe a silly request but: what is the differential change log of build 1230 compared to 1228? I can see the full list you added for the release, but I am curious to just the difference between those two.

I would've asked this in the Changelog thread, but it's all locked up.

10 minutes ago, monstah said:

Can someone explain me what these four items mean?

As far as the part search algorithms, those are primarily for modders tagging their parts. It allows them to change the way a word is matched by the part search. So "station" won't match "ion" and so forth.

Yup, this update isn't quite finished, but I guess it was a bit rushed so that's to be expected. How long do you guys think it'll take to kill the last bugs and do the final performance tweaks? I'm seeing improved FPS in flight, but in the VAB I get some kind of lag or FPS drops when rotating the view even with just 1 part. Is there any way to revert the game back to 1.05 in the mean time? Doesn't seem like it's possible to turn off auto, update in Steam, or am I overlooking something?

9 minutes ago, swjr-swis said:

@KasperVld Maybe a silly request but: what is the differential change log of build 1230 compared to 1228? I can see the full list you added for the release, but I am curious to just the difference between those two.

I would've asked this in the Changelog thread, but it's all locked up.

I don't have one here, sorry :)

Hmm? What's this?

Why is there a Devnote Tuesday in KSP Discussion...*rubs eyes groggily from long hibernation*

Wait, what? 1.1 is out?

Awesome!

So, basically, since I've been playing the prerelease everything is still pretty much the same, since few mods are probably up to date.

Also, it still says 'Prerelease'. Do I have to opt out of the prerelease beta to get the full version? I'm trying that now. Yup, it worked. KSP now has 64-bit mode! Wooo!

Launching CKAN now.

Yep, there's still only a few mods there, most of them flag packs.

Edited by cubinator

1 minute ago, cubinator said:

Hmm? What's this?

Why is there a Devnote Tuesday in KSP Discussion...*rubs eyes groggily from long hibernation*

Wait, what? 1.1 is out?

Awesome!

So, basically, since I've been playing the prerelease everything is still pretty much the same, since few mods are probably up to date.

Also, it still says 'Prerelease'. Do I have to opt out of the prerelease beta to get the full version? I'm trying that now.

yes.

I hope you guys are ready to explain the various 'bugs that look like bugs like clipped wheels not working'

:wink:

@KasperVld Is there going to be a new bugreport project section for 1.1 or will we still use the current 1.1 pre-release section?

5 minutes ago, cubinator said:

Launching CKAN now.

Yep, there's still only a few mods there, most of them flag packs.

Quite a few of the top-rated mods do have pre-release versions available. You need to check out their release threads on this forum. 

I changed my steam settings to opt out of betas in KSP properties and waited to steam do it's magic.

Now I have an 1.1 update purring like a cat in my debian 8 "jessie" in 64 bits. It says  1.1.0.1230.

Looks Good... I guess I can launch my vessels now.

Thanks Squad.... You're the best

I changed my steam settings to opt out of betas in KSP properties and waited to steam do it's magic.

Now I have an 1.1 update purring like a cat in my debian 8 "jessie" in 64 bits. It says  1.1.0.1230.

Looks Good... I guess I can launch my vessels now.

Thanks Squad.... You're the best

While I wait for x64 build to hit the store, questions:

Is there a procedure to update 1.0.5 to 1.1 yet? Patcher only kept 1.0.5.

Asteroid Day ... I play stock, and my three saves placed error because the telescope itself wasn't included in 1.1, how, or more precisely where would I place that?

I'm excited to try 1.1, but was expecting another week to round out things, either way, thanks Squad!

Oooh, just took a look at the mk1 inside view, nice lighting!

Edited by RW-1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.