The Grand KSP 1.1 Discussion Thread

KasperVld

3 minutes ago, Foxster said:

Quite a few of the top-rated mods do have pre-release versions available. You need to check out their release threads on this forum. 

I'll take a look, but I think I can manage playing with the stock stuff for another week or two, then...

*looks*

KER?

SVE?

Scatterer? With faster loading?

Kerbal Planetary Base Systems?

Download time!

Just now, Aethon said:

Will we need new World cup and  Asteroid Day official mod downloads.  I'm assuming the old ones won't work?

They have not been updated yet, but will be soon. Most of Asteroid Day's parts were integrated into stock anyway though.

1 minute ago, Commander Jebidiah said:

A few things I spotted. Right click issue has returned and Pe, Ap, An, Dn, I1, I2 markers aee not on or anywhere near orbit lines.

Yeah, i had two jet engines on my plane, and right clicked one, moved the panel and then switched mode. Needless to say, that it only switched mode for that single engine (working as intended i suppose), but i could not right-click the other engine, anymore. Not sure about other parts. Win32.

Personally, I use a 25% Reputation -> Science strategy. Sinks for Funds and Science are staring you in the face from day 1, so making it so that all contracts gain you Science helps where you need help most.

6 minutes ago, Commander Jebidiah said:

A few things I spotted. Right click issue has returned and Pe, Ap, An, Dn, I1, I2 markers aee not on or anywhere near orbit lines.

L1 and L2? There aren't any lagrange markers in KSP.....

Just FYI: starting via Steam launcher / Windows version, pre-release 1228 and also in released version 1230:

The Steam launcher configuration switched from starting 32-bit by default, to 64-bit, if your hardware is capable. (I was hunting for the 64-bit launch option for a few minutes, lol.)

3 minutes ago, DebatedNothing said:

Is it just me that's finding the tier one aircraft gear incredibly unstable? The just start bouncing around above like 5 m/s to the point where it's uncontrollable and you clip a wing or something and explode.

It's not just you.  They are very unstable and also blow up just from physics load dropping the plane on the tarmac.

Edited by Alshain

3 minutes ago, Alshain said:

It's not just you.  They are very unstable and blow up just from physics load dropping the plane on the tarmac.

I've managed to get the plane off the ground by VTOL-ing it with a very tall launch clamp, but landing might be tricky...

Just now, DebatedNothing said:

I've managed to get the plane off the ground by VTOL-ing it with a very tall launch clamp, but landing might be tricky...

I got my plane in the air anyway, but that doesn't help when trying to land.

It is slightly odd that major bugs with landing gear and such were there in the beta versions too, logged in the bug tracker. I really think such game-breakers should have addressed before the release. 

Just now, Commander Jebidiah said:

Incase you didn't realize, they are capital I's. Intersect 1 and 2.

Oh, capital I and lowercase L look identical in some fonts.

Just now, Foxster said:

It is slightly odd that major bugs with landing gear and such were there in the beta versions too, logged in the bug tracker. I really think such game-breakers should have addressed before the release. 

Yeah.

I'm silently counting down to the flood of bug reports. I've already seen a few complaints about the wheels.

Work is still continuing on those though.

Another, issue dont know if its the games fwult but at 1366x768 Full Screen. When the UI scale is <100% all text is to blurry to easily read. But at 100% scale the Navball takes up to much space.

Oh and FPS gains are only on the main menu, not really a key part of the game but thats my laptops fault, not squads.

1 minute ago, Commander Jebidiah said:

Another, issue dont know if its the games fwult but at 1366x768 Full Screen. When the UI scale is <100% all text is to blurry to easily read. But at 100% scale the Navball takes up to much space.

You want the MakeItSmall mod. 

Orbits look whacked with their apoapsis and periapsis markers and the navball is enormous (when you downscale it to 80%, other stuff looks kind of tiny), but all in all it looks neat. Good work.

Edited by lajoswinkler

So, the new communications system, that was announced, is not included in this update?

Bob (Roverdude) has been implementing his probe and telemetry system into the Unity 5 branch. The new user interface was ‘lit up’ for the first time and overall we’re very happy with the result. The interface shows your current control level –being either a Kerbal or a probe core), the signal strength and the method of connectivity which can be either directly to Kerbin, using a relay network or remote control from a piloted vessel. It sounds complicated but works quite well, as demonstrated by this picture of a probe connecting to Kerbin via an orbital relay network.

KybLBT2.png

I'll be honest, this was the single most important thing I was looking forward to. The performance updates are all well and good, but I really wanted to try this out.

Just now, Commander Jebidiah said:

Oh and FPS gains are only on the main menu, not really a key part of the game but thats my laptops fault, not squads.

I am surprised the UI was not fixed before release as it is part of the announced upgrades.. It is impossible to read when rescaled.

19 hours ago, Commander Jebidiah said:

nvm, misunderstanding on the QA proccess and stuff.

The UI size is a byproduct of the UI recoding in U5.

Edited by smjjames

What was the logic in releasing this update when the landing gear and landing legs are still so pathetically broken (amongst a plethora of other bugs that were in the bug tracker and evidently never fixed)?

The heaviest "landing legs" in the game can't even hold up a single metric ton of loading without sinking into the ground.
pv8FNRx.png

9fiFZG7.png

Unlike the pre-release, there's no way to back out of this broken build and revert to 1.0.5 for the purpose of having a relatively unbroken game.

9 minutes ago, Foxster said:

I find that's been business-as-usual for a while now, at least since v.90 beta.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.