What would you like 1.2 to focus on?

eh?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these features would you most like to see improved or developed for 1.2?

• Graphics and visual effects (Clouds, textures, auroras etc)
    • Contracts and strategies
    • Science and the tech tree
    • Experience and Kerbal skills
    • Mission planning resources (Delta-V readouts, mission planner, alarm clock, etc)
    • Additional building tier
    • Multiplayer
    • New planets and moons
    • Surface features (Volcanoes, geysers, new easter eggs, etc)
    • Moar Parts (1.875m parts, Gemini pod, new engines, etc)
    • Life Support
    • Robotics (Hinges, rotors, actuators, etc)

Hey so 1.1 is not yet upon us, lets move right ahead to demanding more stuff! It seems at least from the pre-release that 1.1 has indeed brought forward some big advancements in the UI and memory management departments, but has been left deliberately light on new features. The new dish array and transmission system has been in the works for some time and there's been mention that we may be getting a rocket part overhaul soon as well. I did my very best to boil down some of the most common suggestions for future development to gauge what else folks here would most like to see come next. If you don't see a feature you'd really like feel free to write it in or expand on your vote below.

There are really too  many additions/features/improvements to be wanted. Now, I feel the greatest thing which is lacking, is a proper science system. That's also the reason I voted for science and surface features. If this is done well, it could add so much content-wise to the game. Another necessity is the addition of some mission planning gizmos ( or resources? I don't know how to call them). While I'm now an expert in guesstimating, and start doing calculations by hand, I think such a feature couldn't be left out in a game about conquering space.

I know 1.2 is already packed with new features, and the science overhaul would be a major update on its own. I think it is unrealistic to expect many more features to be added in 1.2, but maybe this poll could offer some new insights to the devs for future updates. (Is there actually a kind of  roadmap, or is this unknown)

Well, all it boils down to is hopeful thinking, of the game I want KSP to be. (And otherwise there are always mods)

Edited by Coeus

Oh totally, I have no idea what Squad's schedule is or how ambitious they plan to get for the next update, this is only meant as a bit of community feedback.

And yeah 100% on the science system and mission planning. The game mechanics of developing flight systems and going to other planets are really fantastic, I'd just love to feel like Im really doing something when I get there. 

What we need is "stuff" now. 

We have had a lot of tweaks, lots of new game engine, lots of just-a-bit-better. Now it is time to give folks something new to get their teeth into. 

I'm not talking about integrating some minor stuff like antenna range. We need new planets, new tech, a whole new range of parts, encounters with space aliens, cities on the surface to generate the economy for expansion, your know: proper big expansion stuff. And I am almost certain most of us would cough up a few $ to get it. 

As long as Squad thinks they have a finished product, that just needs a little polish, the quicker KSP will die. We need someone at Squad with a bit of vision. 

1 minute ago, Foxster said:

What we need is "stuff" now. 

We have had a lot of tweaks, lots of new game engine, lots of just-a-bit-better. Now it is time to give folks something new to get their teeth into. 

I'm not talking about integrating some minor stuff like antenna range. We need new planets, new tech, a whole new range of parts, encounters with space aliens, cities on the surface to generate the economy for expansion, your know: proper big expansion stuff. And I am almost certain most of us would cough up a few $ to get it. 

As long as Squad thinks they have a finished product, that just needs a little polish, the quicker KSP will die. We need someone at Squad with a bit of vision. 

I'd be fine with some DLC's, as long as they would have some serious good content in them. If it is a way to make KSP even better, I would gladly spend some money on it.

Some background, make Kerbin a more interesting planet, and Kerbals more "unique".

- More launch sites (or airports) on Kerbin, and some buildings to figure the major cities. It could open low-end missions like ferrying (a lot of) kerbals or cargo in a specified amount of time (that would give us a good reason to build fast while fuel-efficient jumbo-jets or suborbital spaceplanes, too !).

- Being able to invest money and upgrade various launch sites, or additional R&D centers that could earn extra science % bonus. There could also be upgrades for income and reputation bonuses, too.

- Add a log for each Kerbal, that tracks flight time (and how much time spent around/on which planet), EVAs etc...

- Distinctive suit color/insigna for each rank. The ultimate one being the highly prized Orange Suit (TM) that only Jeb, Bob, Bill & Val are currently allowed to wear. Some hairstyle/color variety, too.

- Have those Courage / Stupidity stats do something that impacts gameplay. :) Transition from a life-time paycheck to a monthly wage. Experienced Kerbals wanting MOAR MONEY, of course.

My two Kredi-cents :wink: