1.1 UI - Certain Buttons Don't Render

In my initial fresh install of KSP 1.1, I've encountered a problem where certain UI elements are failing to appear. It seems like it happens consistently (I've launched the game about three times and it happened on all of them - not a big sample size, but there were no exceptions).

Currently, my settings menu looks like this:

Spoiler

wq3ztTQ.png

Category buttons (including subcategories in the Input and Controllers sections) show up just fine, I just don't see any actual settings.

Additionally, in the vehicle editor, none of the part category buttons appear either. All of the parts are still accessible by using the search box, but I can't seem to access any of the categories.

Spoiler

651s7wg.jpg

The buttons are completely absent, with not a hint of their presence left behind. I'm not crazy, right? There are supposed to be buttons here, right??

Platform: Arch Linux 64-bit (problem occurs with both 32-bit and 64-bit KSP executables)
KSP Version: 1.1.0
Logs: http://pastebin.com/dfTx3JCz (includes only first run of the game, not subsequent attempts)

Thanks in advance for any assistance, as always.

Ive been having the same issue since the earlierst 1.1pre builds.
Particularly troublesome in VAB/etc where the left-side category buttons fail to render.

I play in windowed mode on Linux, fullscreen on Windows.

Well, I was the one who figured out that you have to change the resolution ingame to something different than the screen window. This is some Unity bug, because the buttons can be displayed. I said that it was important to fix this issue before the release of 1.1, because there will be complaints. And you are only the tip of the iceberg, there will be soon many more. But nobody tends to listen to me somehow, maybe because I'm too nice.

Having another UI issue - on stock toolbar there are either duplicate buttons for some mods (they're randomly changing, it may be RCS Build Aid, or MJ, or anything else and only 1 of identical buttons is actually working, other is only throwing exception in log) or a blank black of white button (usually in flight) which also produces only exceptions. I moved all mods that support Blizzy's toolbar to it, so now I mostly encounter empty button issue instead of duplicated buttons. Totally no idea why this happens and why it was duplicating random mod's button earlier, maybe there is some duplicate entry in configs or something. Any idea where to start hunting that extra button (except just disabling all mods, which is not an option by itself)?)

Resolved -  Infernal_Robotics-2.0 was causing it.

Edited by Mystique

I'm having this issue as well. Only for 1.1 on Ubuntu 15, tried the fullscreen edit, no joy.  I'm not sure how to implement force-glcore, could someone please advise?

So basically what it seems like is that if we have a 1080 display we can only play it in 720 resolution on Linux?  That's all kinds of not cricket.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.