Problems with KSP 1.1

I love KSP but the new 1.1 update has made the UI way too big and the graphics and lighting look really weird sure it added a lot of awesome knew parts but this update is no longer compatible with my favorite mods that I have used for so long and it will probably take a while for knew updated mods to come out. In conclusion this update didn't really add anything necessary and made the graphics really weird

Edited by coyotepunk05

First post on the forum and you chose that...sorry if i'm going to be rude but that post is always here each time an update came out. don't read the next part if you don't want to see my rant.

Spoiler

And frankly i'm tired of this. This update didn't ruined KSP for you, you relying on third party mod that, and everyone know it, will break after each and every update that ruined KSP for you, don't blame SQUAD for that. Squad is updating the game for us for free, we should be grateful instead of "you ruined my game by not making the mod you didn't make compatible with this new version that I get for free."

Well still if you read my rant sorry it wasn't against you, welcome to the forum.

I can understand that if you don't attend the forums, and have only been playing it since official release, that it would be frustrating to suddenly find a bunch of stuff has changed and your mods dont work.

But for a first post? Ouch, terrible. But i think HaryR has covered everything already. Welcome! Isn't KSP awesome?

I'm pretty sure there is a way to roll back to the previous version, would that solve your problems?

You're right there probably is a way to roll back to a previous version. I think I'll do that until new updated mods come out, thanks for the suggestion, and yes KSP is awesome. :wink:

Edited by coyotepunk05

10 minutes ago, klesh said:

If you are on Steam, you can rollback easily to last stable release; it's built right in to Steam.   No idea about the other methods of updating.  

I think there is a thread somewhere on the forums about collecting past versions, should be searchable.

I love the update but a few things bother me.

1: When you zoom in to close it is like a wall and the more you scroll in the more it goes away. (I don't know is that is intentional)

2: The landing gear are now a little jumpy in low G planets. (I had a 133.0 T space craft on Dres.)

3: The UI is nice but when its to small the can't read the letters on the side. Or you will have to deal with this huge nav ball.

4: I found that the S.A.S is some-what back to the old S.A.S, small space crafts shake and rattle on launch. Also engines go nuts.

Other then that the update is awesome.

I understand that this update and the game had to be reprogrammed to suite Unity 5 so I didn't expect this update to be 100%. I'm just letting you guys know what I am experiencing.

Kerbal Space Program is my top game and I love playing it no matter what!

These are things that I am having with my game.  I do not know how the rest of the community is doing in terms of game-play.

On 4/20/2016 at 4:29 PM, p1t1o said:

But for a first post? Ouch, terrible. But i think HaryR has covered everything already. Welcome! Isn't KSP awesome?

Lol.. honestly, his first title is pretty amazing. . How many of you were smart enough to bundle all 1.1 complaints in one topic ? 

On 20-4-2016 at 4:29 PM, p1t1o said:

I can understand that if you don't attend the forums, and have only been playing it since official release, that it would be frustrating to suddenly find a bunch of stuff has changed and your mods dont work.

That probably applies to the vast majority of KSP players.

But for a first post? Ouch, terrible.

What does that even mean?  OP made the wrong sort of first post?

The primary purpose of the forums is not to post the sort of posts that appease forum veterans, it is to ask questions and make comments about KSP.

On 20-4-2016 at 10:32 AM, Hary R said:

First post on the forum and you chose that...sorry if i'm going to be rude but that post is always here each time an update came out. don't read the next part if you don't want to see my rant.

Hide contents

And frankly i'm tired of this. This update didn't ruined KSP for you, you relying on third party mod that, and everyone know it, will break after each and every update that ruined KSP for you, don't blame SQUAD for that. Squad is updating the game for us for free, we should be grateful instead of "you ruined my game by not making the mod you didn't make compatible with this new version that I get for free."

Well still if you read my rant sorry it wasn't against you, welcome to the forum.

Well the KSP 1.1 update  was more brutal than any update before it

Edited by FreeThinker

1 hour ago, FreeThinker said:

Well the KSP 1.1 was more brutal than any update before it

Indeed but anyone who rely on mod should always be aware of their potential to break after even the most insignificant bug fix (slight over exaggeration but still true).

Also, i've noticed that the OP was changed and the most rant worthy part was removed, good.

On 20/4/2016 at 8:19 AM, coyotepunk05 said:

In conclusion this update didn't really add anything necessary and made the graphics really weird

If I agree that the graphic look...different, this update was all about changing to unity 5 and of course making all the change in the code for that. The code cleaning they did for the update was necessary, but for the average costumer, it was nearly invisible, which is in fact good, I don't want KSP to radically change just because of Unity 5.So, unity5 and a stable X64 for windows + all the code change (and bug fixed) are something necessary that this update have added.

Edited by Hary R

love 1.1, I think the game is a whole lot prettier. My only 2 real complaints that happen a lot are:

• Game crashing frequently, especially in VAB and SPH
  • Oftentimes, the part menus that can be opened in flight are unclosable (I checked, no, they aren't locked), and it won't let me open any more.

Other than that I think it's a good update :D

Okay, so things have started exploding too much. A command pod and a single large SRb = boom. Am I doing something wrong? Also, I'm seeing a lot more CTDs. The UFO shielding is pretty awesome though :D

56 minutes ago, rhodian said:

Okay, so things have started exploding too much. A command pod and a single large SRb = boom. Am I doing something wrong? Also, I'm seeing a lot more CTDs. The UFO shielding is pretty awesome though :D

Exploding how?  Heat?  Landing?

6 hours ago, Alshain said:

Exploding how?  Heat?  Landing?

Heating... If you have the game, try it yourself. A single large (thumper is what i use) SRB and a command pod on top. This setup didnt explode in previous versions. Moreover, at the beginning, I can no longer attach wings horizontally on a space plane

5 hours ago, rhodian said:

Heating... If you have the game, try it yourself. A single large (thumper is what i use) SRB and a command pod on top. This setup didnt explode in previous versions. Moreover, at the beginning, I can no longer attach wings horizontally on a space plane

When you say 'earlier versions' do you mean 0.90?  Heating and aerodynamics are a factor now, you can't launch at ridiculous speeds.  A command pod on a thumper has a thrust to weight ratio of 3.  That is far too fast given you can't throttle an SRB.  Sorry, but this is not a bug, it is by design.  You can tweak the thrust limiter back to 50% and it will work just fine, doing that got me 102km suborbital arc.  Just be warned you also can't go straight up anymore either.  The command pod needs enough time in the atmosphere to slow itself back down, going straight up will have you hit the ground before that happens.  You need a good arc, even for suborbital adventures.  The above mentioned 102km arc put me down just east of the Korean-like peninsula with a nice soft landing.

Edited by Alshain

It's back again.... those stubborn hazes around tower lights, the crosses on the landing gear, and they even appear at the EOR markers at the KSC. Any suggestions?

I didn't do any recent screenshots - this problem was gone with the 1.1.1 patch and is back today as of the steam update this afternoon.

Finally a couple of the major mods like bdarmory and other things I use with KSP are getting updated and I am thinking about switching to 1.1 soon. Unfortunately adjustable landing gear is not updated which is kind of annoying. I am having problems with the stock landing gear glitching into the ground.

@coyotepunk05 Hello there. I will skip the part about what 1.1 added as frankly the dev notes cover that. 1.1.2 added a UI scale thing for most parts of the UI, so there is a way to adjust it :) As to landing gear and legs? Well sir, they are frankly bugged at the moment. Walk into em and pop for one example. Unity 5 has issues with things like landing gear, there is a patch <if i remember correctly> coming sometime this summer for unity that SHOULD address that. Also, as a personal hope, I am hoping it addresses issues with how memory is handled as random crashes are plaguing a rather sizable portion of the player base. Welcome to the forums, happy exploring!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.