[1.1] TOP SECRET! (1.0.11) Top Secret Bases for Kerbal Konstructs

Eskandare

IfGNC9l.png

Shhhh... You can procure it here...

ZX4xbAt.jpg

Have you wanted a base for landing huge planes? Are you running your own Kerbal Security Program? ...or do you just want to feel like a James Bond villain? Well, this series of bases are for you! Included in this release is 'The Block' a Top Secret base hidden on an unpopulated forgotten island somewhere in the southern hemisphere. The base's real name is unknown and if you ask anyone there what its name is they'll just stare at you blankly. Also included is 'Kilo-Sierra-Papa' Airbase. Here someone locked up an artifact in one of the hangers. No one is allowed in, or is allowed to know what is stored in there. No one but Jeb...  

This has been a little project in the making for over a year. I put it on the back burner until 1.1 was released. 

This release includes:

• 'The Block'
  • 'Kilo-Sierra-Papa'
  • 2 Types of Hangers (Click the Far Right Stripe to Open/Close the Doors)
  • 2 Types of Control Towers
  • Light Tower
  • Radar Station
  • Fuel Tanks
  • Helipads
  • also... very Top Secret extras. :wink: 
    Spoiler

I distributed a few new anomalies around Kerbin.

Coming Soon:

• Bulwark Air Station, KHAARP

Dependencies: 

Issues:

• Lift and Hanger door animations are a little broken due to changes in new animation code (KSP vs Kerbal Konstructs) hopefully there will be a solution soon. FIXED!
  • Cameras get stuck on the top of the hangers if you zoom out too far, this is a trait dealing with statics in KSP. I made the hangers large enough to allow some room for the camera.

Change Log:

1.0.11: Hot fix for the radar animation.

1.0.1: Fixed the lift and hanger door animations. Added fuel tanks, Kilo-Sierra-Papa Airbase, and a few more extras.

1.0: Initial release

Credit:

• Special thank you goes to AlphaAsh for his help, support, his work on Kerbal Konstructs, and the shiney 'Top Secret' banner on the Kerbal Konstructs page. :D
  • A thank you to Lack for letting me use his models as long as I gave him credit. Although, this was about a year ago, I hope he remembers. :D Wind sock and palm trees are by Lack, approach lights are based off of his original model.

License:

88x31.png

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Edited by Eskandare

2 minutes ago, Logan.Darklighter said:

I suppose it's altogether appropriate that when I click on the link for this KK addition, it gives me a "401 Unauthorized" error... :P

Guess it was on a need to know basis - and you don't :D

While I understand the mentality of this mod... I think it would benefit from screenshots on-the-ground. No need to show the map locations if you don't want to :)

Edited by eddiew

3 minutes ago, Logan.Darklighter said:

I suppose it's altogether appropriate that when I click on the link for this KK addition, it gives me a "401 Unauthorized" error... :P

Try the link again. I just tested them a dozen times to be sure.

2 minutes ago, eddiew said:

Guess it was on a need to know basis - and you don't :D

While I understand the mentality of this mod... I think it would benefit from screenshots on-the-ground. No need to show the map locations if you don't want to :)

Coming up!

Oh yessss, been looking forward to this. Thank you Eskandare. Downloading <redacted> and trying out some <redacted> <redacted> <unspecified time>.

EDIT - I'll get a banner up in KK's OP asap.

Edited by AlphaAsh

8 minutes ago, AlphaAsh said:

Oh yessss, been looking forward to this. Thank you Eskandare. Downloading <redacted> and trying out some <redacted> <redacted> <unspecified time>.

EDIT - I'll get a banner up in KK's OP asap.

Have a look out for those <REDACTED>. You can use Scan Sat to find the <REDACTED>.

Also check out the animations. I'm curious if you can improve on the old code and maybe adapt the newer animation code to Kerbal Konstructs. Oddly your Light House is working just fine. hmmm. Anyway, I eagerly await your critique.

2 minutes ago, Eskandare said:

Have a look out for those <REDACTED>. You can use Scan Sat to find the <REDACTED>.

Also check out the animations. I'm curious if you can improve on the old code and maybe adapt the newer animation code to Kerbal Konstructs. Oddly your Light House is working just fine. hmmm. Anyway, I eagerly await your critique.

It'll be something to do with the triggers I suspect. Keep in mind the lighthouse is a looping animation with no interactivity and doesn't require a module.

Edited by AlphaAsh

Just now, AlphaAsh said:

It'll be something to do with the triggers I suspect. Keep in mind the lighthouse is a looping animation with no interactivity.

I was having trouble with looping animation for the radar. How did you get yours to loop?

5 minutes ago, Eskandare said:

I was having trouble with looping animation for the radar. How did you get yours to loop?

Oh gawd, it wasn't easy, I remember that. Unity's animations and KSP's parttools have some serious 'this file here, this file here' 'tick that, don't tick that' crap going on. Probably still true with the latest versions. I'll track down the source for you so you can poke at it. I'd advise a long stick, it's likely to break and release noxious fumes.

Edited by AlphaAsh

38 minutes ago, AlphaAsh said:

Oh gawd, it wasn't easy, I remember that. Unity's animations and KSP's parttools have some serious 'this file here, this file here' crap going on. Probably still true with the latest versions. I'll track down the source for you so you can poke at it. I'd advise a long stick, it's likely to break and release noxious fumes.

Oh yes, I do seem to remember this, it was being tricky on my old carrier. Never could remember if there was a night/day trigger, either. 

I'm still running old Unity though, however it still works for the things I make, nonetheless I don't have the new features. Been poking at Unity 5 with a very long stick to see how vicious it is. A little afraid of it.

I also wish I had a copy of the old <REDACTED> and its texture. I'd love to <SECURITY CLEARANCE ONE REQUIRED>. Yup, just figured out how to make my own. Soon our old <REDACTED> will return for the next base release.

Edited by Eskandare

I have a little issue with the large elevator, when I launch a plane from the base it immediately starts to go down, and when it reaches the bottom, it won't go up again when clicking it :/

Also, flying small planes in the underground hanger is fun :P

5 hours ago, ValCab33 said:

I have a little issue with the large elevator, when I launch a plane from the base it immediately starts to go down, and when it reaches the bottom, it won't go up again when clicking it :/

Also, flying small planes in the underground hanger is fun :P

Sadly the triggers are a little borked, until it is fixed you'll need to click the lift and wait the 6 minutes for it to cycle. This is a Kerbal Konstructs issue.

Edited by Eskandare

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.