[1.1] TOP SECRET! (1.0.11) Top Secret Bases for Kerbal Konstructs

Eskandare

7 hours ago, RMAJ_gaming said:

hey love the mod it looks amazing, but i can't seem to close or open the underground and above ground hangers. the underground one open most of the way and then stopped and the normal hangers don't seem to be opening at all. i don't know maybe i'm missing some thing like what Far Right Stripe to Open/Close the Doors i have to click on. anyways can anyone help me because i would really like to use the hangers to store my top secret aircraft.

The far right warning stripe on the doors to the hanger. I'll be changing that soon to a more obvious button.

The underground hanger lift, just moves very slowly. The physics can't allow it to go any faster or things explode. 

On 14/05/2016 at 2:46 PM, Ruedii said:

If I recall, 51 is the meaning of life in Star Trek.  It's a joke about it being adjusted for inflation or something.

Nope. Area 51 is an urban myth of Americana, regarding storage of a UFO. Google it and enjoy conspiracy land.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Area_51

Edited by AlphaAsh

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, that's right.  I can't find the number used by Star Trek for Life the Universe and Everything.

I do know 47 was used a lot in Star Trek (TNG and later). It was a reference to a writing by a math professor of on who arbitrarily chose 47 for a fake proof to teach his students to determine if a proof really actually proved what it said it did.  The number 47 was chosen because, like 42 it is a seemingly arbitrary number that has a lot of numerical and pattern based coincidences.   In fact, I suspect there are only two reasons 42 was chosen for HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy over 47 was because Douglas Adams wanted an even number, and the Alice in Wonderland series that also uses the same number a lot was a major influence on Douglas Adams.  (I'm not sure if this was exactly why the number was used, but it was likely an influence.)

Edited by Ruedii

• 2 months later...

Currently updating TOP SECRET! I'll be removing an anomaly and Kilo Sierra Papa for revamping. I will be adding Eskandare Heavy Industries. This will be a shipyard to launch ocean going vessels. There will be a pier, runway and helicopter pads. The dry dock will slowly lower the constructed vessel into the water and be big enough for most ships... well it is big enough for a Nimiz-class aircraft carrier. This is to coincide with the soon to be released CVX (Carrier Vessel eXpansion). The Block has had some revamps too. Those who are using the current TOP SECRET! download will need to delete the old folder before installing the new one.

Edited by Eskandare

Also as a bonus I'll be releasing the Oil Platform. Originally was a part of the old Oceania addon for Kerbal Konstructs, and yes it will supply copious amounts of liquid fuel. Now all you need is to find a way to transport the fuel.

ksvVqIM.png

On 8/28/2016 at 6:31 PM, theonegalen said:

Looks great, Eskandare! Very much looking forward to more.

Oh you wait, I've got a lot of crazy and cool bases, and launch facilities in development, plus the Carrier Vessel eXpansion which is a low parts carrier mod so you can have your wing of aircraft, support equipment, and BD Armory weapons without spending resources on 5000 part aircraft carriers. There will also be a Helicarrier and a Submersible Carrier released after the launch of the first three vessels. Here is another teaser, all testing is done and the oil platform is in game. The shipyard, I'm finishing up on the admin offices, crane textures, and warehouses and soon release.

9LIXZzV.png

On 24/08/2016 at 5:03 AM, Eskandare said:

New images of the shipyard.

Hi, are you using the "animate on click"  from KK  to move the dry dock section and the lock gates? If so, does it still need a rigid body on the animated part, as the old kerbtown one used to?  Or should you not be using the on click, how are you doing it?  I also hope players are ready for how slow the animation  needs to be, so as not to jostle the ship around too much.

5 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi, are you using the "animate on click"  from KK  to move the dry dock section and the lock gates? If so, does it still need a rigid body on the animated part, as the old kerbtown one used to?  Or should you not be using the on click, how are you doing it?  I also hope players are ready for how slow the animation  needs to be, so as not to jostle the ship around too much.

The animation really doesn't really need ridged body, oddly, but I leave the lines in the config just in case of any legacy code issues.

// --- This is a 'snipet' from TheBlock base.
    MODULE
	{
		namespace = KerbalKonstructs
		name = AnimateOnClick
		collider = liftPlatform
		animationName = blockLift
	}
	RIGIDBODY
	{
		name = lift
	}

18 minutes ago, Eskandare said:

The animation really doesn't really need ridged body, oddly, but I leave the lines in the config just in case of any legacy code issues.

Maybe then that was something that benefited from the newer collider generation methods, as it was an original requirement of kerbtown on click animation , but that's good, i can try something silly out, cheers

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

4 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Maybe then that was something that benefited from the newer collider generation methods, as it was an original requirement of kerbtown on click animation , but that's good, i can try something silly out, cheers

Be sure to turn off 'play automaticlly' goofy things happen if you don't. :D

• 2 months later...
On 5/30/2016 at 8:35 AM, AlphaAsh said:

Nope. Area 51 is an urban myth of Americana, regarding storage of a UFO. Google it and enjoy conspiracy land.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Area_51

I got the number wrong.  I forget what it was in Star Trek.

Anyway, Area 51 is a common urban myth.   It really was just one of several US military research facilities that tested all sorts of weired airplane designs to learn more about things like how VTOLs handle and how strange shaped airfoils handle.   The experiments were later moved due to the soil being unstable under the base.  The base now holds one of the US Military's biggest experimental airplane graveyards, used to store thousands upon thousands of unusual top-secret designs.

The base is officially called "The classified portion of the Groom Lake facility"  considering it's one of the only active parts of groom lake (often having to fly the planes in and out for new tests or to bring in other planes to put on mothballs) it is often just called "Groom Lake".   There are various names specifically for the experimental airplane storage area, such as "dreamland" or sometimes "area 51" after the urban legend, which is actually just named after one of the large hangers where they would disassemble captured "UFOs" and "alien craft" (i.e. enemy planes, not flying saucers like some people who don't know military terms would have you believe.)

11 hours ago, Ruedii said:

I got the number wrong.  I forget what it was in Star Trek.

Anyway, Area 51 is a common urban myth.   It really was just one of several US military research facilities that tested all sorts of weired airplane designs to learn more about things like how VTOLs handle and how strange shaped airfoils handle.   The experiments were later moved due to the soil being unstable under the base.  The base now holds one of the US Military's biggest experimental airplane graveyards, used to store thousands upon thousands of unusual top-secret designs.

The base is officially called "The classified portion of the Groom Lake facility"  considering it's one of the only active parts of groom lake (often having to fly the planes in and out for new tests or to bring in other planes to put on mothballs) it is often just called "Groom Lake".   There are various names specifically for the experimental airplane storage area, such as "dreamland" or sometimes "area 51" after the urban legend, which is actually just named after one of the large hangers where they would disassemble captured "UFOs" and "alien craft" (i.e. enemy planes, not flying saucers like some people who don't know military terms would have you believe.)

Apart from the reverse engineering division, it is extension of Edward's AFB and often used by Lockheed's Skunk Works or Boeing's Fantom Works.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

So, @Eskandare, any news? Back in August you posted pictures of the complete oil rig, and an untextured version of the shipyard even earlier. So, the million dollar question is, in your opinion, what's the very rough ETA? Based on the progress, would you say a few days? weeks? months?

It's May now. Surely you have at least some screenshots!

My dev computer is down due to something attacking Windows 10 and making it unrecoverable. I tried to recover it using all methods without losing personal data, but for some reason it refuses to fix the issue. Also I've been working a lot (it's a lot of work being boss) so I haven't had the time to back up the data and do a full drive wipe.

Edited by Eskandare

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.