[1.1] TOP SECRET! (1.0.11) Top Secret Bases for Kerbal Konstructs

Eskandare

On 20/04/2016 at 8:46 AM, Eskandare said:

I also wish I had a copy of the old <REDACTED> and its texture. I'd love to <SECURITY CLEARANCE ONE REQUIRED>. Yup, just figured out how to make my own. Soon our old <REDACTED> will return for the next base release.

I too miss the old <REDACTED>. Not so much for its ability to <REDACTED> small <REDACTED>, but for the ability to explore its interior with a Kerbal. Now we need more Surface Experiments style KAS/KIS props and dehydrated snacks to equip the <REDACTED> with the suitable 60's era consoles, rations and equipment, and once it's done, some contracts to make it more fun.

@Eskandare, did you get my tips about a secret submarine base too? Much easier to design for the sea than the land, that pesky terrain makes The Block stand out a bit.

Edited by colmo

Oh, you mean the <REDACTED>. Yeah I'd imagine it would be possible to <REDACTED> that with a little <REDACTED> and some <REDACTED>. Of course, you might have to <REDACTED> but that's fairly <REDACTED>.

Hope that helps.

47 minutes ago, colmo said:

I too miss the old <REDACTED>. Not so much for its ability to <REDACTED> small <REDACTED>, but for the ability to explore its interior with a Kerbal. Now we need more Surface Experiments style KAS/KIS props and dehydrated snacks to equip the <REDACTED> with the suitable 60's era consoles, rations and equipment, and once it's done, some contracts to make it more fun.

@Eskandare, did you get my tips about a secret submarine base too? Much easier to design for the sea than the land, that pesky terrain makes The Block stand out a bit.

The block wasn't supposed to blend but I know what you mean. I created a new grass art pass that looks nicer, but the still has tessellation which is unavoidable. I might try lowering the opacity against a BADA55 or maybe 8ADA55 green texture.

2 minutes ago, AlphaAsh said:

Oh, you mean the <REDACTED>. Yeah I'd imagine it would be possible to <REDACTED> that with a little <REDACTED> and some <REDACTED>. Of course, you might have to <REDACTED> but that's fairly <REDACTED>.

Hope that helps.

I hope you know the <REDACTED> is very <REDACTED>!

1 minute ago, Eskandare said:

The block wasn't supposed to blend but I know what you mean. I created a new grass art pass that looks nicer, but the still has tessellation which is unavoidable. I might try lowering the opacity against a BADA55 or maybe 8ADA55 green texture.

I hope you know the <REDACTED> is very <REDACTED>!

Well, yes. <REDACTED> off and get <REDACTED> with it.

Has anyone seen the <REDACTED> at Kilo-Sierra-Papa? I put the <REDACTED> in there as a homage to the <REDACTED> as we all miss the <REDACTED>.

There is a whole bunch of <REDACTED> all over the place and I keep adding more <REDACTED> to give more things to explore.

2 hours ago, Jeb-head-mug kerman said:

HOW DO I OPEN HANGAR DOOOOOOORS!

In the OP it says click the <REDACTED>!

Just kidding, the door stripe on the far right is the button for the hanger doors. In future I just may make this an actual switch so it is more obvious.

Is it possible to place a new Hangar A and have the doors open in the same way? Also: Reverting flights, loading quicksaves, or recoveing a craft mid animation will freeze them until the game is restarted.

The center markers on the runway are angled slightly wrong btw.

Edited by InfiniteShock
Door started working randomly.

10 minutes ago, njmksr said:

How do I use the lift? The XKOM project needs a suitable underground base, and this looks awesome...

Or is it <REDACTED>?

You click the platform, it takes 6 minutes to lower and raise to prevent craft from exploding.

10 hours ago, Eskandare said:

You click the platform, it takes 6 minutes to lower and raise to prevent craft from exploding.

wow, thats a long time, speedup in time warp?

@njmksr i had same idea, and was gonna base 5 B 52 there aswell

Just now, ckirky said:

I doubt it. I know KSC's sat dishes are tied to time-warp but I've not figured out how to tie static animations to it. Plus that'd defeat the point of avoiding physics problems.

15 minutes ago, ckirky said:

Yes, it is a long time and that is because the lift has to travel a long distance. The big hanger was designed around a Kebal X on a crawler. Although I haven't tested it yet since Kerbal Foundries hasn't been updated but that was the idea behind it. Also B-52s and other big planes. :cool:

I've only played with Kerbinside in passing but I'm planning to use it along with your mod in my career game. Can you use the buildings in the mod to create a custom base? I would like for instance to make a base out in the arctic and possibly on the Mun where a couple of stock anomalies are located. And for anomalies, do they show up on SCANSat like the stock ones do?

Thanks for making this mod, looking forward to using it! :)

7 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

I've only played with Kerbinside in passing but I'm planning to use it along with your mod in my career game. Can you use the buildings in the mod to create a custom base? I would like for instance to make a base out in the arctic and possibly on the Mun where a couple of stock anomalies are located. And for anomalies, do they show up on SCANSat like the stock ones do?

Thanks for making this mod, looking forward to using it! :)

The buildings are separate from the airfield. Just a warning, launch sites don't work on celestial bodies other then Kerbin. SCANSat should work to find them. 

Finally got to play with it and I love both The Block and the animated hangars.

Suggestion - The Block needs access tunnels, perhaps three of them in the centre of the three walls not adjacent to the lift - fit their entrances with the hangar doors, and if they're buried, they're just service tunnels anyway; if they're high above ground, there are other static mods to built roadways and ramps, or build a simple hairpin roadway to the base of the model for each.

There's so much space down there, the mind boggles with the potential uses. Perhaps a personnel elevator which only has room for Kerbals and so can move a lot faster than the main lift would also add to the accessibility. The old <REDACTED> base had a staircase, which I presume would add many more colliders than a simple lift.

Another variant of The Block would be one with an animated sliding door instead of the lift, splitting open to allow craft below to take to the sky.

I noticed the helipads on The Block which weren't launch points - I presume it's not possible to have multiple launch sites on the same part? Perhaps they could be split off as launch sites in their own right?

Edited by colmo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.