Purchasing rockets design for in game money

I have an idea, maybe Squad can make that we can buy whole rockets design (akin stock rockets) for in game money.

I just think maybe dev or we players can collects all best rockets design from Curse and other such website and than segregate them for potential mission plan (like MOR\Direct Ascent Munar Landing, best rocket for Duna Rover landing etc. 

And than allow buy such whole design trough in game money, because some of us are thrill seeking space Daredevil and are not so bright like Bob :D

It would also be nice if we had something like the US Congress or the Kremlin, where a bunch of ignorant morons torpedoes our efforts conquest of space :D

11 minutes ago, Kosmognome said:

This sounds like an excellent idea for a mod if it is not implemented in the stock game.

So maybe can we convince some good moder to do it, i would do it myself If i know how to program, but didn't :(

Or maybe squad will do this for the next "supercharge" :D

But they would need "craft donors" :)

Edited by Pawelk198604

I mean, even if you download the .craft file from someone else, you are still "paying for it" with in game money when you launch it just like any other craft.

You want an additional charge on top of the parts cost? I'm not sure how that improves the game?

That said, an in game collection of player made vessels that are rated by the community and can be used sounds like a great idea.

This could be very interesting. I think if you're going to buy craft designs, it would be more useful with a more complete overhaul. You design a rocket, but before you use it you pay its design fee. Once you pay it once you can use it again much more cheaply, but any additional things on top of it (your actual probes) will require another design fee. This would leave you with a fleet of launch vehicles that you use regularly, with updated designs coming at a price. Premade crafts could maybe be more expensive? It would be a level of realism, and would add more complexity to career mode.

Bonus idea if multiplayer becomes a thing: sell your craft designs on an exchange, you get money every time someone uses your design. The amount would not be one to one with what the purchaser spends to preserve balance, probably as low as 5%.

Here's my suggestion about adding unlock-able craft files:

They should extend the contracts system. Think of it like a "quick flight" option, where you contract a planned mission to fly with a specified craft. Reimbursement for the craft would be paid (along with a bonus) at contract completion. You can, of course, edit the craft in the VAB before the mission; but reimbursement is for the base craft as-given to you. Crafts gained through the "quick flight" contract should also be saved into a subgroup of crafts to load or launch.

A bonus, in my opinion; would be if this system also had a "randomizer" feature to it (at a lower fund cost or higher reward)... maybe something like a CS:GO case opening animation with rocket thumbnails. "Congratulations! You're going to X on Y!"

On 24.04.2016 at 2:15 PM, Rocket In My Pocket said:

I mean, even if you download the .craft file from someone else, you are still "paying for it" with in game money when you launch it just like any other craft.

You want an additional charge on top of the parts cost? I'm not sure how that improves the game?

That said, an in game collection of player made vessels that are rated by the community and can be used sounds like a great idea.

I just mean something that we pay for blueprints a bit like paying in resursach section  

1 minute ago, EnderKid2 said:

But you could just get the craft file for free.

No you would buy craft file from independent research team so you didn't have to worry on you own.

21 hours ago, KrazyKrl said:

Here's my suggestion about adding unlock-able craft files:

They should extend the contracts system. Think of it like a "quick flight" option, where you contract a planned mission to fly with a specified craft. Reimbursement for the craft would be paid (along with a bonus) at contract completion. You can, of course, edit the craft in the VAB before the mission; but reimbursement is for the base craft as-given to you. Crafts gained through the "quick flight" contract should also be saved into a subgroup of crafts to load or launch.

A bonus, in my opinion; would be if this system also had a "randomizer" feature to it (at a lower fund cost or higher reward)... maybe something like a CS:GO case opening animation with rocket thumbnails. "Congratulations! You're going to X on Y!"

Exactly :D  

5 hours ago, CodeFantastic said:

I feel like this takes away from the point of KSP, to build your own rocket, fly it, and watch it fail.

If you suck at building rockets, that causes you quickly lose interest. Failure after failure on the way to orbit just causes me to close KSP and fire up Minecraft.

I sucked at rendezvous despite being a "space geek" for 30 years. I installed MechJeb and spent a couple hours watching it rendezvous, going "ok, WTF is it doing now?" a few times, and figuring things out. Now I don't need it, but it was an invaluable learning tool.

If you don't add it as an in-game mechanic, then Squad should add a more basic rockets to the sandbox, such as "here's a small rocket to get one Kerbal to Duna and back" like they already have the satellite launcher. Something a bit bigger than the Kerbal X or the PT Munsplorer.

That way, you could implement this just by clicking "[x] allow stock vessels" except for the "design fee"

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.