First Kerbal To Walk On The Mun/Minmus

aceassasin

Who Will You EVA On The Mun First   

2,372 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will You EVA On The Mun First

• The original Bob, Bill, and Jeb
    • Randomly Generated Crew
    • Custom Named Crew

Since in the not to distant future .16 will be released letting us eva kerbals. In celebration of this i want to ask everybody, 'who will be your first kerbal to walk on the Mun/Minmus?'

Jebidiah Kerman is my first choice

How many names is there btw?

Well, since they\'re generated by syllables, the number of total names is actually the number of total combinations possible... Last I checked, it was able to generate some 5000+ names, but we\'ve added a couple more syllables lately, so there should be more now.

Cheers

My current dream team that has been running my major missions is Donvey, mitbart and richdorf. They are an exclectic mix of attitudes, and Donvey seems to enjoy the High G stuff and keeps cool under launches. He shall be my first kerbal to actually step off.

I\'m not sure, but I don\'t think it will be one of the original three. My original plan was to do three successful spacewalks before giving myself clearance for an attempt at Lunar EVA. But with the time drawing so close, I think I may just make the first EVA in Kerbal history be a surface EVA.

I\'m likely to let Jeb to the first spacewalk, but an unknown name should become a known name for his surface walk. I plan on making an Apollo 11 style video. Grainy, black and white of him coming down the ladder. I\'ll use my own voice and speed up the audio etc.

But in true answer to this thread\'s purpose, I think it will just be a random Kerb.|

Whether it will be on the Mun or Minmus, that is easy. The first Kerbal to step onto another celestial body will do so on the surface of Mun. It\'s closer, has several landing sites that I have plans for EVA and is easier to establish a nominal landing.

I am very excited for EVAs having a purpose, though. Geological sample collecting, etc. These missions will be very extended and will take place over more than six hours of long distance EVA and extensive scientific purpose.

Anyway. Enough about my huge EVA plans.

Looks like I\'ll add another page in the legend of Jebidiah. I imagine some pre-.14 people would agree with me. He\'ll jump off and kick the landing struts, which in turn explodes, to 'test the reliability of the new .16 landing strut'.

Considering that Bill, Jeb, and Bob always seem to bring bad luck to my rockets (since .14, every rocket they get into has a catastrophic failure) and that I don\'t do custom names for my Kerbals, it likely will be some randomly named Kerbal.

I think it will just be a random Kerb.
Definitely. Some starry-eyed young lad, as yet unaware of the greatness that fate will one day thrust upon him. It\'s only fitting. Was Armstrong born knowing he would be The One?

By the way, when are they going to do something about the blatant nepotism and let someone outside the Kerman family join the program?

Was Armstrong born knowing he would be The One?

I always wonder about that. Say you were to go back in time to young Armstrong and say, 'Hey. I\'m from the future and you\'re going to be the first man to walk on the moon some day.' He\'d probably laugh you back to present time. You\'d have to show pictures or something...

By the way, when are they going to do something about the blatant nepotism and let someone outside the Kerman family join the program?

I don\'t think they\'re supposed to be in the same family. All Kermen have that last name I think.

I need to learn how to re-name the kerbals, so I can land Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin, and Michael Collins on the Mun, and Have Neil and Buzz walk around on the surface, so I can make a Apollo 11 remake and record it.

Kind of similar to what I\'m doing. I plan on only doing a 'two-Kerman' EVA. One of them will stay in the command pod to monitor systems and keep track of how everything is running while the other two go out and explore.

It\'s easy to rename your Kerbs by the way.

Open up the persistence file and find their names. Then simply type new ones.

You\'re going to fly one of them all the way to the moons and then make him stay in the ship? That\'s just mean.

Yeah. What happens if the cabin repressurizes by accident or something? Rescue is 4 hours away minimum... And there is no way that their Zo2 supply will hold that long. No, someone will have to be in the ship while the EVA is taking place, unfortunately.

When I send my crew, they will all get to go out and frolic in the (lack of) grass. Yay! :D You know, I really don\'t sleep well in hot weather, and I should probably stop posting until I\'ve taken a nap. What do the yellow squares under my name over there <--<< mean?

What do the yellow squares under my name over there <--<< mean?

thats just a forum rank based on post count, nothing interesting.

My first EVA will most likely be a walk-a-bout the KSC... then a IVA involving ejecting a kerbal into space will in a collision course orbit so i can watch him burn p in the atmosphere xD

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.