Constant crashing

7 minutes ago, draeath said:

Did you get the whole output_log.txt? It stops right at the important part:

"========== OUTPUTING STACK TRACE =================="

Apparently that's all there was on that file.

Next time it crashes...(and I'm sure it wont be to long after I launch) I'll look for it and post again.

Updated by Romfarer 3 days ago

• Status changed from Confirmed to Ready to Test
  • Target version set to Next Pre-Release
  • % Done changed from 10 to 80
Comment

Efforts were made to address this crashing issue. Focusing on attaching and removing parts by placing them on vessels by hovering etc.

Need to verify that all operations involving deleting parts, attach, remove etc. are working. Keep a close eye on symmetry mode.

This could also possibly affect sounds during these operations.

Be patient folks, there will be a fix in the next release. If you're playing KSP 1.1 build 1230 (aka the official 1.1 update), the bug is obviously still in that version.

47 minutes ago, ibanix said:

I believe this is the same issue as reported by users in this thread, but would appreciate confirmation or denial of that:

Yes it looks like the same. What a nice little maze people are slowly making with all those bug reports that sooner or later will reference to one another as being the same, lol! :confused:

On April 20, 2016 at 2:34 PM, yorshee said:

I've been having this issue too, it seems to happen the most when clicking stuff in the VAB/SPH.

I would post the crash logs but they don't have any useful information in 'em :( It just...stops.

This happens to me also.  The game locks up only in the VAB (and I presume would also occur in the SPH).  I play "new" and saved games (1.1) in Sandbox mode and I have to force quit when it locks up.  It does not lock up when I am actually playing the game (being outside of the VAB).  I am using a 9 year old iMac with the latest/ current OS X (El Capitan).  Due to its limited graphics capacity, I am running stock settings, except that any settings over 50% I have capped at 50% or less.  I also have Steam, Open Office Calc (spreadsheet) and the Calculator open.  This did not happen prior to the 1.1 update.  My Mac has a whopping 4 GB of RAM.

The lock up has occurred both without any mods and also with the latest/ current version of KER.  This is the only mod I use.  Again, no troubles prior to the 1.1 update.

Thanks.

Edit:  I always play in windowed mode rather than full screen due to my use of the above mentioned applications.

Edited by Dispatcher
More information

I was getting constant crashes with KSP1.1 after a completely clean install with minimal [updated] mods.
Turned out the desktop shortcut was pointing to ksp.exe not KSP_x64.exe
Not a crash since and impressive framerates now.

3 minutes ago, ve7oko said:

I was getting constant crashes with KSP1.1 after a completely clean install with minimal [updated] mods.
Turned out the desktop shortcut was pointing to ksp.exe not KSP_x64.exe
Not a crash since and impressive framerates now.

Not the same crashes. 32bit crashes are probably caused by hitting the memory limit.

The crashes in the VAB/SPH mentioned above occur in both 32bit and 64bit KSP, so it is definitely an issue with 1.1.

Edited by Gaarst
Typo

21 hours ago, KocLobster said:

1.1.1 did not fix this problem.

I concur with this.  After loading Stock vehicles in the VAB and the SPH and flying them in Sandbox mode (and reverting after flights), KSP locked up after about a half hour, in the SPH, when I pressed the New button.  Never even tried building using any parts.  I had to force quit the game.

Latest OS X (El Capitan), NO mods installed (not even KER).  Graphics settings at 50% or less.  Playing in windowed mode.  4 GB RAM.  iMac 20" mid 2007, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo.  ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro 256 MB.  Never had these issues in 1.05 but had them in 1.1 and now 1.1.1 (Steam is on, along with Libre Office and Calculator).

Edit:  I get these results even when I have turned off the VAB Kerbal animations.

Edited by Dispatcher

Bit of an update from my side to this. I have managed to collect two crash logs, which both indicate a memory access violation. This would also explain why I have had two bluescreens and one freeze while playing. I have since modded my install, which oddly enough seems to reduce the CTDs, but I still get a daily crash from either a memory access violation or a straight up bluescreen. This probably needs some looking at.

15 hours ago, KocLobster said:

1.1.1 did not fix this problem.

+1, random crashes keep happening on my installs too (modded and unmodded, 64 and 32), often in VAB, same as 1.1.0. Really hoped they'd squashed this one.

EDIT: in fact it got worse, can't stay in the vab for more than 10 min... Sometimes it crashes when I drop a part in the part list, or leave it unattached, or for no reason at all. And no log, the game just... stops. Guess I'll come back in a few weeks... *sigh*

Edited by Initar

3 hours ago, StarStreak2109 said:

Can confirm this behaviour. CTD w/o any log files...

If the game managed to display any of the initial loading screen then there will always be a log file. There may not be a separate crash dump log but output_log.txt/player.log is always created and shows considerable detail about what you were doing. 

same here:

in VAB, SPH and when flying while staging

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: KSP_x64.exe, Version: 5.2.4.2391, Zeitstempel: 0x566b7225
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: ntdll.dll, Version: 10.0.10586.122, Zeitstempel: 0x56cbf9dd
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x000000000002e909
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0xc40
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d1a3da4a340d7b
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_x64.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Berichtskennung: e0b2e39b-e63f-4db4-8421-f08c9f0a1905

fresh installed (removed old folder) KSP 1.1.2 (no mods)

Win10 Home 64bit, i3 4150, 8GB RAM, Nvidia 750Ti

all windows updates actual,

nvidia driver actual (364.72)

no sfc /scannow errors,

no memtest86 errors

no intel processor diagnostic tool errors

no viruses or malware (tested with various programs)

Edited by Jin' Gej
add technical data of pc

This bug really is becoming quite irritating~ Glad I'm not the only one experiencing it. I spend more time just loading the game after a crash than actually playing it before it crashes again. 

Just like everyone else in this post.. Most of my crashes happen while manipulating parts in the VAB/SPH regardless of the size of part or complexity of construction, It can take 5 parts before a crash or 100.. it just happens without warning and no crash dump file is generated. 

Running Win7 home with gen 4 Core i5 and 8 GB DDR3 RAM on Nvidia 650 GTX 1GB VRAM. 

In addition my game just hung while attempting to launch a new ship from the VAB. Every clickable item or option was greyed out, no progress was able to be made. Windows Task manager was needed in order to close KSP. despite it saying it was running perfectly well.

Edited by FletcherDragon

Well after 1.1.2 update, after downclocking my hardware a bit (which was overclocked), it seems rock solid stable, no more VAB crashing. I was able to complete several missions without a single crash to desktop. I have over 50 mods loaaded.. Only problem is the loading time of KSP which even on my SDD takes a long time.

It seems to me KSP 1.1 improved performance at the cost of beeing a lot more agresive on hardware. So in order to play well, you need to give it a bit more air

Edited by FreeThinker

3 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

Well after 1.1.2 update, after downclocking my hardware a bit (which was overclocked), it seems rock solid stable, no more VAB crashing. I was able to complete several missions without a single crash to desktop. I have over 50 mods loaaded.. Only problem is the loading time of KSP which even on my SDD takes a long time.

My hardware isn't overclocked. :P Again, the thing I find strange is that it happens both in 32bit and 64bit. Crashing in the VAB is almost a given whenever I start up, but I also crash a lot on scene changes and when switching the active vessel using [ and ].

i3-4150, nvidia 560ti, 8gb ram, Windows 8.1.

3 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

My hardware isn't overclocked. :P Again, the thing I find strange is that it happens both in 32bit and 64bit. Crashing in the VAB is almost a given whenever I start up, but I also crash a lot on scene changes and when switching the active vessel using [ and ].

i3-4150, nvidia 560ti, 8gb ram, Windows 8.1.

Well in that case, I suggest you downclock your rig or/or install better cooling. KSP 1.1 seems  a lot more demanding on hardware I also suggest upgrading to Windows 10.

Edited by FreeThinker

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.