[1.7.3] GPOSpeedFuelPump continued v1.8.19

hab136

A continuation of a continuation :)  Previous thread, Original thread.  Thanks to Gaius and Geordiepigeonowner.

Please see new thread:

Old thread, for history:

This mod lets you assign "pump levels" to fuel tanks (and more!).  Higher-level fuel tanks will flow automatically to lower-level tanks.  Equal-level tanks can be set to balance automatically.

FKM2wPH.png

Now with action group support!

od6zZUk.png

Compare and contrast with TAC Fuel Balancer and PWB Fuel Balancer.

The stock fuel priority system in KSP 1.2 controls how fuel is drained by engines.  It never moves fuel from one tank to another, which is what this mod does.

Download for KSP 1.7.3: Curse, SpaceDockGithub

Download for KSP 1.6: old version at Github

Download for KSP 1.5.1: old version at Github

Download for KSP 1.4.5: old version at Github

Download for KSP 1.3.1: old version at Github

Download for KSP 1.2.2: old version at Github

Download for KSP 1.1.3: old version at Github

Sources: Github

License: GPLv3

btn_donate_LG.gif

Edited by hab136
new owners

SpaceDock link not working for me, and I cnt find it using the site's search, either?

EDIT: Found it by clicking your user name on one of your other mods... Yup... Link not working

Edited by Stone Blue

7 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

SpaceDock link not working for me, and I cnt find it using the site's search, either?

EDIT: Found it by clicking your user name on one of your other mods... Yup... Link not working

It would help if I pushed the big green "Publish this mod" button in SpaceDock. :)  I've done so.

Thanks for continuing this awesome mod.

I don't know if this is something you can fix(or if someone else did the ckan bit) but when i try to install trough ckan I get the following:

About to install...

* GPOSpeedFuelPump v1.8.0(cached)

The following inconsistencies were found:
GPOSpeedFuelPump wishes to install GameData/GPOSpeedFuelPump/CommunityResourcePack.cfg, but this file is registered to Goodspeed
 * GPOSpeedFuelPump wishes to install GameData/GPOSpeedFuelPump/everything.cfg.disabled.txt, but this file is registered to Goodspeed
 * GPOSpeedFuelPump wishes to install GameData/GPOSpeedFuelPump/FuelSwitch.cfg, but this file is registered to Goodspeed
 * GPOSpeedFuelPump wishes to install GameData/GPOSpeedFuelPump/GPOSpeedFuelPump.cfg, but this file is registered to Goodspeed
 * GPOSpeedFuelPump wishes to install GameData/GPOSpeedFuelPump/Plugins/GPOSpeedFuelPump.dll, but this file is registered to Goodspeed
 * GPOSpeedFuelPump wishes to install GameData/GPOSpeedFuelPump/ProceduralTanks.cfg, but this file is registered to Goodspeed
 * GPOSpeedFuelPump wishes to install GameData/GPOSpeedFuelPump/StockResources.cfg, but this file is registered to Goodspeed

Error!

@mudkest you'll have to uninstall "GoodSpeed" first and then install "GPOSpeedFuelPump" instead.

1. In CKAN click on "Filter (Compatible)" and change it to "Filter (Installed)".
  2. Uninstall "GoodSpeed": remove checkmark next to "GoodSpeed", click "Apply Changes".
  3. Click on "Filter (Installed)" and change it back to "Filter (Compatible)"
  4. Install "GPOSpeedFuelPump": click checkmark next to "GPOSpeedFuelPump", click "Apply Changes".
  5. Profit!

@hab136

I did, even deleted the leftover folder from gamedata, but still got that message.

The message for trying to install a mod you already installed yourself is different, something along the lines of "ckan will never overwrite files not installed by ckan" so I am guassing this is some licensing issue, you continuing an abandoned mod(with ckan not knowing it was abandoned).. Then again, I dont really know anything about how ckan handles mods being added so I can be way off :)

2 hours ago, mudkest said:

@hab136

I did, even deleted the leftover folder from gamedata, but still got that message.

The message for trying to install a mod you already installed yourself is different, something along the lines of "ckan will never overwrite files not installed by ckan" so I am guassing this is some licensing issue, you continuing an abandoned mod(with ckan not knowing it was abandoned).. Then again, I dont really know anything about how ckan handles mods being added so I can be way off :)

Not a licensing issue.  The latest version of "GoodSpeed" is installed from my repository anyways:

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/blob/master/NetKAN/Goodspeed.netkan

When I uploaded the new version to SpaceDock, it created a new entry called "GPOSpeedFuelPump":

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/blob/master/NetKAN/GPOSpeedFuelPump.netkan

As far CKAN is concerned, these are two different mods.  There's no way to "upgrade" from one to the other; you have to uninstall GoodSpeed and then install GPOSpeedFuelPump.

If you're getting conflicts, CKAN thinks you still have "Goodspeed" installed, whether or not you do.  You can run "ckan remove Goodspeed" from the command line to be sure that CKAN knows it's gone.

1 hour ago, hab136 said:

If you're getting conflicts, CKAN thinks you still have "Goodspeed" installed, whether or not you do.  You can run "ckan remove Goodspeed" from the command line to be sure that CKAN knows it's gone.

That worked, thank you

@hab136 glad to see a new thread!

Just a heads up: there is a new kid on the fuel switchin' block: B9PartSwitch aka ModuleB9PartSwitch, which Bac9 (of B9 Aerospace fame) developed, and recently Nertea (of Nertea fame) switched all of his mods over to, dropping Interstellar Fuel Switch completely. Not sure the what or why, but currently your patches don't catch it, even the heavy hitting "Everything" patch, or my customized more inclusive version of it (since like the other versions, I believe it deletes the resources and then sticks them back into the module again). I believe the module combines both a mesh switcher and a fuel switcher, so I think you need to specify below, the moduleID, but I spent maybe 30 seconds looking at it, and I'd hazard a guess you know your way around a config better than I:D. On second thought, probably easier to check for a subtype if it has a tank, but not sure how to do that exactly. Below is a snip from Cryo Tanks Patch from Nertea.

Cheers.

MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleB9PartSwitch
		moduleID = fuelSwitch
		switcherDescription = Tank Type
		baseVolume = #$../totalCap$
		SUBTYPE
		{
			name = LF/O
			tankType = LFO
			addedMass = #$../../massOffset$
		}

Edited by Deimos Rast

@Deimos Rast the "everything" patch picks everything with resources, but won't work for fuel switch mods because the resources don't exist yet.  If you change the "HAS[@RESOURCE[*],!MODULE[GPOSpeedPump]]" to "HAS[!MODULE[GPOSpeedPump]" then it will truly apply to everything, even things without resources (like landing gear and lights) which is less than ideal.

Try this:

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch],!MODULE[GPOSpeedPump]]:NEEDS[GPOSpeedFuelPump]:FINAL
{
        MODULE
        {
                name = GPOSpeedPump
        }
}
~

16 hours ago, hab136 said:

@Deimos Rast the "everything" patch picks everything with resources, but won't work for fuel switch mods because the resources don't exist yet.  If you change the "HAS[@RESOURCE[*],!MODULE[GPOSpeedPump]]" to "HAS[!MODULE[GPOSpeedPump]" then it will truly apply to everything, even things without resources (like landing gear and lights) which is less than ideal.

Try this:

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch],!MODULE[GPOSpeedPump]]:NEEDS[GPOSpeedFuelPump]:FINAL
{
        MODULE
        {
                name = GPOSpeedPump
        }
}
~

yeah, that's exactly what I did actually:)

There's another instance, with Modular Fuel Tanks, where something similar happens. This should probably cover it, haven't tested it yet (need to restart game, then I will).

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleFuelTanks],!MODULE[GPOSpeedPump]]:FOR[GPOSpeedFuelPump]:NEEDS[ModularFuelTanks]:FINAL
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = GPOSpeedPump
	}
}

Bug Report: should be fairly easy to reproduce, (I'll see about getting a log in a sec as I just accidentally erased the one I was going to upload), but hitting "Balance" on SRB's (probably on anything with a NO_FLOW status would be my guess) while in the flight scene causes either a CTD (more common last game version 1.0.5) or more recently warps you into another dimension, screen goes black, instruments go NaN. Reverting mission doesn't fix it, clearing Camera Input Stacks doesn't fix it, only restarting and/or verifying cache fixes it. Hitting "Balance" in the editor is fine by the way.

Log

Edited by Deimos Rast

On 5/1/2016 at 6:20 AM, Deimos Rast said:

Bug Report: should be fairly easy to reproduce, (I'll see about getting a log in a sec as I just accidentally erased the one I was going to upload), but hitting "Balance" on SRB's (probably on anything with a NO_FLOW status would be my guess) while in the flight scene causes either a CTD (more common last game version 1.0.5) or more recently warps you into another dimension, screen goes black, instruments go NaN. Reverting mission doesn't fix it, clearing Camera Input Stacks doesn't fix it, only restarting and/or verifying cache fixes it. Hitting "Balance" in the editor is fine by the way.

Log

Thanks for the bug report.  With KSP 1.1.2 and GPOSpeedPump 1.8.1 (which I just recompiled for KSP 1.1.2) and the "everything" patch, I'm not able to reproduce this, even in "flight" (more like "crashing" :D).  Both Balance and "Pump is On" do nothing, as expected. 

Tu2Z5sJ.png

LQ8vK3Y.png

From the log it looks like NanoGauges is the only thing complaining; whether that's the cause or a symptom, I don't know.

v1.8.1 for KSP 1.1.2 is now up.

I wasn't using the 1.1.2 version, which I suspect will fix the issue (and yeah, NanoGauges was being grumpy because I was in another dimension, and all the instruments were at NaN).

Oddly enough, I occasionally get SRBs that, even when staged together, end up firing unevenly. I know "Balance" doesn't work on them, due to their NO_FLOW status....well, shouldn't work on them...(I may have made "special" SRBs with alternative fuel which it does work on, just for this situation, and other niche scenarios:D).

Thanks!

I have a very large ship that - with GPO Speed installed and pumping fuel in fairly confusing (but straightforward) ways, flips out like it's lost an engine when a set of tanks runs out of fuel but the engine in question still has plenty of fuel. As far as I can tell the ship is perfectly balanced at the time (Right clicking tanks and checking fuel quantities).

The same ship, launched without GPO installed, never has this problem.

Below is the ship. You may need a moderately beefy computer to run it. It's also a bear to fly so I suggest launching straight up and not trying a gravity turn, unless you want to see if you can :)

[defunct site link removed by moderator]

10 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

It looks like I somehow had the mod installed twice. Sorry for the false alarm. When I "uninstalled" it it was actually still installed, and it ran just fine.

Glad you got it sorted out!

1. tank - pump lvl 0
2. tank - pump lvl 1
3. engine
4. -decoupler-
5. tank - pump lvl 0
6. tank - pump lvl 1
7. tank - pump lvl 2
8. engine

I'm not sure if I've encountered a bug but I am having a problem with my rocket launching with this mod. I have tank stacks set to pump fuel out of the bottom tanks first, sequentially, to assist with stability. See the above schematic, top to bottom layout of the rocket. I'm actually getting fuel being pumped out of the #2 tank and into the #5 tank during the first ascent stage, even though it's through the decoupler (crossfeed disabled). Fuel should not be flowing past the decoupler, if I'm not mistaken, since crossfeed is disabled. What's up?

When I remember correctly the order has to be inverted, the pumps pump from higher to lower numbers...
Could anybody confirm or argue?

And btw, when stacking fuel tanks you normally don't need to set up pumps, it works by default that the fuel is flowing from the upper tank to the lower tank.

Edited by Gordon Dry

18 hours ago, Tossy64 said:

1. tank - pump lvl 0
2. tank - pump lvl 1
3. engine
4. -decoupler-
5. tank - pump lvl 0
6. tank - pump lvl 1
7. tank - pump lvl 2
8. engine

I'm not sure if I've encountered a bug but I am having a problem with my rocket launching with this mod. I have tank stacks set to pump fuel out of the bottom tanks first, sequentially, to assist with stability. See the above schematic, top to bottom layout of the rocket. I'm actually getting fuel being pumped out of the #2 tank and into the #5 tank during the first ascent stage, even though it's through the decoupler (crossfeed disabled). Fuel should not be flowing past the decoupler, if I'm not mistaken, since crossfeed is disabled. What's up?

GPOSpeedFuelPump completely ignores decouplers and crossfeed capability.

Tanks pump from higher levels to lower levels; if you have multiple tanks below the pumping level, it will try to fill them all.  For example if you have one level 2 tank and four lower-level tanks (level 0 and level 1), the level 2 will try to keep all four level 1 and level 0 tanks full.  The level 1 tanks will then both try to keep both level 0 tanks full.

I think you're trying to keep the mass at the front of the ship; if so, your setup should be more like this:

• level 0
  • level 1
  • engine
  • decoupler
  • level 2
  • level 3
  • level 4
  • engine

Thanks again for the mod. And now I need to complain about Nertea's CryoTanks. Pump works with mentioned above B9PartSwitch, but only in stock tanks. Dedicated LH2 tanks (that can use EC to stop boiloff)  do not get a pump, although they have ModuleB9PartSwitch. I also tried adding "@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCryoTank],..." to patch configs, but it does nothing too. Only way that adds a pump to cryo tanks is "everything" patch. Am I doing something wrong, or that can be solved?

17 hours ago, John JACK said:

Thanks again for the mod. And now I need to complain about Nertea's CryoTanks. Pump works with mentioned above B9PartSwitch, but only in stock tanks. Dedicated LH2 tanks (that can use EC to stop boiloff)  do not get a pump, although they have ModuleB9PartSwitch. I also tried adding "@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCryoTank],..." to patch configs, but it does nothing too. Only way that adds a pump to cryo tanks is "everything" patch. Am I doing something wrong, or that can be solved?

It probably doesn't work with B9PartSwitch yet.  I'll have to do some testing this weekend.