[1.7.3] GPOSpeedFuelPump continued v1.8.19

hab136

20 minutes ago, Loren Pechtel said:

Any idea what's up with CKAN?

It thinks this only goes through KSP 1.4.2 and still links to the old thread.

I see 2 GPOSpeedFuelPump mods on CKAN.

One by this author (hab136) is listed as out of date, its for KSP1.2.2 (v1.8.7) but links to this thread.

One by the origional author (GPO) is for current KSP (v1.8.17) but links to old expired thread.

It looks like they have been switched in CKAN,

Maybe part of the problem is both mods have the same name in CKAN. Habs should probably be renamed to "GPOSpeedFuelPump Continued"

29 minutes ago, BlackHat said:

One by this author (hab136) is listed as out of date, its for KSP1.2.2 (v1.8.7) but links to this thread.

One by the origional author (GPO) is for current KSP (v1.8.17) but links to old expired thread.

Maybe part of the problem is both mods have the same name in CKAN. Habs should probably be renamed to "GPOSpeedFuelPump Continued"

Interesting, with the filter set to All I see only one:  GPOSpeedFuelPump  v 1.8.12 for KSP 1.4.2 and linking to the old thread.

I do suspect that it's getting confused by having two mods of the same name.

On 1/18/2019 at 6:02 AM, steve_v said:

]

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[#moduleID[fuelSwitch]],!MODULE[GPOSpeedPump]]:NEEDS[B9PartSwitch]:FINAL
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = GPOSpeedPump
	}
}

Seems to clear it up for me.

Awesome, thanks for the contribution.  I've committed it to the repo and it will go in the next release.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2019 at 3:09 PM, Stumble said:

Is there any  way to speed  up the transfer of stuff? With 10 and 20m fuel tanks it can  take a very  long time to move fuel around?

The speed is not configurable.  I'll add that as a requested future enhancement.

On 2/2/2019 at 8:45 AM, rextable said:

Hello peoplez

How might one go about writing a patch to get GPO to work with Universal Storage I/II and SSTU tanks?

For SSTU: I took a quick look but don't understand what part switcher they're using.  Look at Patches/ProceduralTanks.cfg, you could write a similar one for @PART[SSTU-TANK*]

For US 1/2, looks like they use their own part switcher:

// Universal Storage Part Switch Config
		// Used to set resources, cost and mass or different versions of the part
			MODULE
			{
				name = USFuelSwitch
				SwitchID = 0
				resourceNames = MonoPropellant;MonoPropellant;MonoPropellant;MonoPropellant
				resourceAmounts = 30;60;90;120
				initialResourceAmounts = 30;60;90;120
				tankCost = 0;83;166;249
				tankMass = 0;0.011;0.022;0.033
				hasGUI = False
				availableInEditor = False
				displayCurrentTankCost = True
				ShowInfo = False

Look at Patches/FuelSwitch.cfg and add a new entry for "HAS[@MODULE[USFuelSwitch]]"

• 1 month later...
45 minutes ago, captainradish said:

Out of curiosity, is this supposed to be in CKAN or not? It doesn't appear for me despite AutoAsparagus, SafeChute, and UNDOCKINATOR being there.

It is on CKAN. Select the "All" filter and the type GPOS in the Mod name search bar.

Pops right up.

Edited by BlackHat

Scroll up to posts from Jan 24.

This has been brought up before.

2 GPOSeedFuelPump entries come up in CKAN.

On 1/24/2019 at 3:16 PM, BlackHat said:

Maybe part of the problem is both mods have the same name in CKAN. Hab's should probably be renamed to "GPOSpeedFuelPump Continued"

The one in CKAN with version 1.8.18 IS the version you want to use. Either Hab136 is maintaining the original author as the Author in CKAN (out of respect or thanks for the mod). or there is just a CKAN metadata mix-up that no one is worrying about correcting.

On 4/6/2019 at 11:38 AM, BlackHat said:

The one in CKAN with version 1.8.18 IS the version you want to use. Either Hab136 is maintaining the original author as the Author in CKAN (out of respect or thanks for the mod). or there is just a CKAN metadata mix-up that no one is worrying about correcting.

CKAN entries have an identifier, and then the name that shows up in the list.  If you look in the bottom right under "Metadata", you'll see "Identifier: Goodspeed" or "Identifier: GPOSpeedFuelPump".

Originally there was "Goodspeed", which pointed to Goodspeed's version, then GeordiePigeonOwner's version.  It stopped updating when GeordiePigeonOwner stopped updating it.

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN-meta/tree/master/Goodspeed

When I took over, I made a separate entry "GPOSpeedFuelPump".

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN-meta/tree/master/GPOSpeedFuelPump

Then one of the CKAN admins said it would make more sense to use the original entry, so he changed "Goodspeed" to point to my Github, but didn't update the author.

So yes, "Identifier: Goodspeed" is the correct one.

I can ask to update the author if that will cause less confusion. :)  Maybe they can hide the other one too.

• 1 month later...

Another patch for convenience:

GameData\zFinal\zzz_GPOSpeedFuelPumpRemoveFromSRBs.cfg

//This file removes the GPOSpeed Fuel Pump from any part that got ModuleEngines* with EngineType = SolidBooster
@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleEngines*]:HAS[#EngineType[SolidBooster]],@MODULE[GPOSpeedPump]]:NEEDS[GPOSpeedFuelPump]:FINAL
{
	!MODULE[GPOSpeedPump] {}
}

Awesome mod, thank you for making this! Finally a great way to make orbital refueling painless! I read through and didn't see any mention of this, is there any chance you could add a feature that allows for dumping resources? (Preferably all, not just fuels) I am currently having to run this in tandem with PWB Fuel Balancer to jettison unwanted supplies when I am testing my supply running SSTOs.

• 1 month later...

I noticed the balance mode causing fuel to magically appear and disappear yesterday, so I looked over the source and noticed a recent optimization seems to have introduced a bug there. I've made a pull request to fix it:

https://github.com/henrybauer/GPOSpeedPump/pull/8

The error is around line 320-322. Please review at your convenience, thanks! :)

Edited by Daedala

• 2 weeks later...

I love this mod, and it comes in really handy for large orbital fuel stations. I noticed that the fuel tanks that come with Near Future Construction are not getting the pump\balance ability. I'm hoping this might just be a module config tweak... anyone have any ideas? (I think it's using B9 Part Switch, and not all of the alts have resources) 

Edited by CanisLupus518

@CanisLupus518 two facts came to my mind. So I just checked the configs and my MM cache (I got B9 Part Switch, NF Construction and GPOSpeedFuelPump):

1. there are no GPOSpeedFuelPump patches in NF construction patches folder
  2. the parts have mesh switch, so afaik it's just impossible to add a GPOSpeedFuelPump module because that would be available all times, with any chosen mesh
    ^but, this would be not really an issue tbh, even if it's just a truss without any hollow structure or tank or whatoever - so generally the part would always have the module

I'm not in the mood to fiddle a GPOSpeedFuelPump patch, for two reasons

1. I'm on RO actually, RO patches the fuel tank part variants away, a comment in that patch says "// Fuel Tank Variants need to be removed, does not support Real Fuels" - but I don't know if this is just outdated or not
  2. I never fiddled a GPOSpeedFuelPump patch for a part with mesh switching before

On 7/30/2019 at 11:01 AM, Daedala said:

I noticed the balance mode causing fuel to magically appear and disappear yesterday, so I looked over the source and noticed a recent optimization seems to have introduced a bug there. I've made a pull request to fix it:

https://github.com/henrybauer/GPOSpeedPump/pull/8

The error is around line 320-322. Please review at your convenience, thanks! :)

Thanks, merged.  I'm still having weird issues, so there must be another bug but I don't see it.

On 8/8/2019 at 8:15 PM, CanisLupus518 said:

I love this mod, and it comes in really handy for large orbital fuel stations. I noticed that the fuel tanks that come with Near Future Construction are not getting the pump\balance ability. I'm hoping this might just be a module config tweak... anyone have any ideas? (I think it's using B9 Part Switch, and not all of the alts have resources) 

On 8/9/2019 at 1:47 PM, Gordon Dry said:

@CanisLupus518 two facts came to my mind. So I just checked the configs and my MM cache (I got B9 Part Switch, NF Construction and GPOSpeedFuelPump):

1. there are no GPOSpeedFuelPump patches in NF construction patches folder
  2. the parts have mesh switch, so afaik it's just impossible to add a GPOSpeedFuelPump module because that would be available all times, with any chosen mesh
    ^but, this would be not really an issue tbh, even if it's just a truss without any hollow structure or tank or whatoever - so generally the part would always have the module

I'm not in the mood to fiddle a GPOSpeedFuelPump patch, for two reasons

1. I'm on RO actually, RO patches the fuel tank part variants away, a comment in that patch says "// Fuel Tank Variants need to be removed, does not support Real Fuels" - but I don't know if this is just outdated or not
  2. I never fiddled a GPOSpeedFuelPump patch for a part with mesh switching before

Yep, NFC uses B9 part switch which is already supported via Patches/FuelSwitch.cfg, but GPO specifically looks for "moduleID = fuelSwitch".  NFC seems to only change the mesh (moduleID = meshSwitch):

MODULE
				{
					name = ModuleB9PartSwitch
					isEnabled = True
					stagingEnabled = True
					moduleID = meshSwitch
					currentSubtype = LFO
					EVENTS
					{
					}
					ACTIONS
					{
					}
					UPGRADESAPPLIED
					{
					}
				}

GPO used to simply apply to all B9 part switch parts, but that was changed back in January to be less annoying:

https://github.com/henrybauer/GPOSpeedPump/commit/7bd4c933464b7a53299144b56c058e6f9d274849#diff-cc999a1c941fa29030bf9659351837e8

If you want to revert to the old way, just remove ":HAS[#moduleID[fuelSwitch]]" from Patches/FuelSwitch.cfg.

Testing on subtype (HAS[#currentSubType[LFO]) doesn't seem to work, probably because it's a variable that switches, not something that exists always.

Explicitly naming the NFC parts seems like the best option, so I'll see about getting that in the next release.

I really need to fix whatever the remaining balancing bug is, which means adding lots of logging/instrumentation and then running a bunch of testing to find it.  As I get free time I'll work on it.  At least it's easily reproducible on my test ship.

On 8/11/2019 at 9:08 PM, hab136 said:

If you want to revert to the old way, just remove ":HAS[#moduleID[fuelSwitch]]" from Patches/FuelSwitch.cfg.

This worked, thank you very much for the reply. I'd rather have the non-resource parts with the pump module than the opposite, so this works out for now. Your effort is definitely appreciated, this is a great mod

• 2 weeks later...