hab136

[1.7.3] GPOSpeedFuelPump continued v1.8.19

Recommended Posts

Very nice mod, it's now in my (fairly short) "must have" list.

If I might make a suggestion: Turn on "balance" as default for any parts that are set to "symmetrical". I had some impressive flight instabilities when I switched on pumps without explicitly balancing symmetrical tanks. Took me a while to figure it out.

Not a problem for me because now I know about it, but new users might be surprised.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Building on that in fact - is it possible to use a Module Manager script to make the "Balanced" and "Symmetric" setting on by default?  For me, it's more rare that I want them off than on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, snotmaster said:

Very nice mod, it's now in my (fairly short) "must have" list.

If I might make a suggestion: Turn on "balance" as default for any parts that are set to "symmetrical". I had some impressive flight instabilities when I switched on pumps without explicitly balancing symmetrical tanks. Took me a while to figure it out.

Not a problem for me because now I know about it, but new users might be surprised.

That is a good idea.  It's easy enough to check in code, but I don't think it's possible to check symmetry in Module Manager.

8 hours ago, fourfa said:

Building on that in fact - is it possible to use a Module Manager script to make the "Balanced" and "Symmetric" setting on by default?  For me, it's more rare that I want them off than on

Sure!  If you want it "on" and balanced by default:

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[GPOSpeedPump]]:AFTER[GPOSpeedFuelPump]
{
  @MODULE[GPOSpeedPump]
  {
    _autoPump = True
    _autoBalance = True
  }
}

(If you only want balanced, and not "on", then take out the _autoPump line)

To be clear this will balance across all tanks with the same pump level, not just the tank's symmetry partners.

A "balance with symmetry partners" option is also a neat idea.  It doesn't currently exist :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hab136 said:

That is a good idea.  It's easy enough to check in code, but I don't think it's possible to check symmetry in Module Manager.

Sure!  If you want it "on" and balanced by default:


@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[GPOSpeedPump]]:AFTER[GPOSpeedFuelPump]
{
  @MODULE[GPOSpeedPump]
  {
    _autoPump = True
    _autoBalance = True
  }
}

(If you only want balanced, and not "on", then take out the _autoPump line)

To be clear this will balance across all tanks with the same pump level, not just the tank's symmetry partners.

A "balance with symmetry partners" option is also a neat idea.  It doesn't currently exist :)

This is a great option and please excuse my ignorance, if I would like this also, I would create a new text file, copy the above into it and save it as what to where?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gamerscircle said:

This is a great option and please excuse my ignorance, if I would like this also, I would create a new text file, copy the above into it and save it as what to where?

Copy that text into Notepad, save it as autobalance.cfg (the ".cfg" is important, the name is not) and put it into KSP\GameData\GPOSpeed\Patches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, hab136 said:

That is a good idea.  It's easy enough to check in code, but I don't think it's possible to check symmetry in Module Manager.

Sure!  If you want it "on" and balanced by default:


@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[GPOSpeedPump]]:AFTER[GPOSpeedFuelPump]
{
  @MODULE[GPOSpeedPump]
  {
    _autoPump = True
    _autoBalance = True
  }
}

(If you only want balanced, and not "on", then take out the _autoPump line)

To be clear this will balance across all tanks with the same pump level, not just the tank's symmetry partners.

A "balance with symmetry partners" option is also a neat idea.  It doesn't currently exist :)

autoPump and autoBalance is what I meant. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GPOSpeedFuelPump v1.8.8 for KSP 1.3 released.  Be sure to update Module Manager to 2.8.0 as well; MM version 2.7.6 will crash in KSP 1.3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/27/2017 at 8:49 AM, hab136 said:

GPOSpeedFuelPump v1.8.8 for KSP 1.3 released.  Be sure to update Module Manager to 2.8.0 as well; MM version 2.7.6 will crash in KSP 1.3.

Thank you for the update, pardon me for being a GitHub noob, I only see source and now mod download.  I did go and download the master file, but looks like something is missing as I didn't see a .dll.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, gamerscircle said:

Thank you for the update, pardon me for being a GitHub noob, I only see source and now mod download.  I did go and download the master file, but looks like something is missing as I didn't see a .dll.

Huh, looks like Github ate my upload.  If you go to https://github.com/henrybauer/GPOSpeedPump/releases/latest now it should show "GPOSpeedFuelPump-v1.8.8.zip" which is the correct download.  Thanks for letting me know!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GPOSpeedFuelPump v1.8.9 for KSP 1.3.1 has been released.  Just a recompile, no code changes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there, I'm having a small issue with this mod and I'm not sure if it's something I'm doing wrong, a mod conflict or something else. I've built an orbital station with some assorted fuel tanks on it and I've just discovered that the Rockomax tanks don't have GPOSpeedFuelPump controls on their UI. Here's the station in question, you can see the GPO controls on the KW Rocketry and FL-R1 RCS tanks, but not on the Rockomax ones.

Any idea what could be going on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BoilingCold said:

Hi there, I'm having a small issue with this mod and I'm not sure if it's something I'm doing wrong, a mod conflict or something else. I've built an orbital station with some assorted fuel tanks on it and I've just discovered that the Rockomax tanks don't have GPOSpeedFuelPump controls on their UI. Here's the station in question, you can see the GPO controls on the KW Rocketry and FL-R1 RCS tanks, but not on the Rockomax ones.

Any idea what could be going on?

I don't know all those mods, but you obviously have mods that modify the tanks themselves based on two (!) "Jettison Shroud" options on the tanks.

I suspect something is loading after GPO that is removing all modules and replacing them with that mod's modules. But I don't know for sure. If you browse through the ksp.log and ksp_x64_data\output-log.txt you may be able to figure out what mod is erasing it. Or, you could make a modulemanager config that loads GPO's modules to all fuel tanks that don't have them, as a FINAL thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

I don't know all those mods, but you obviously have mods that modify the tanks themselves based on two (!) "Jettison Shroud" options on the tanks.

I suspect something is loading after GPO that is removing all modules and replacing them with that mod's modules. But I don't know for sure. If you browse through the ksp.log and ksp_x64_data\output-log.txt you may be able to figure out what mod is erasing it. Or, you could make a modulemanager config that loads GPO's modules to all fuel tanks that don't have them, as a FINAL thing.

OK cheers, I'll do some investigating and see what I can find. A quick look in the logs came up with some errors:

3 errors related to GameData/GPOSpeedFuelPump/Patches/FuelSwitch.cfg
1 error related to GameData/GPOSpeedFuelPump/Patches/ProceduralTanks.cfg
1 error related to GameData/GPOSpeedFuelPump/Patches/StationScience.cfg





[ERR 07:10:33.299] [ModuleManager] Error - more than one pass specifier on a node: GPOSpeedFuelPump/Patches/FuelSwitch/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[InterstellarFuelSwitch],!MODULE[GPOSpeedPump]]:FOR[GPOSpeedFuelPump]:FINAL

[ERR 07:10:33.300] [ModuleManager] Error - more than one pass specifier on a node: GPOSpeedFuelPump/Patches/FuelSwitch/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[FSfuelSwitch],!MODULE[GPOSpeedPump]]:FOR[GPOSpeedFuelPump]:FINAL

[ERR 07:10:33.301] [ModuleManager] Error - more than one pass specifier on a node: GPOSpeedFuelPump/Patches/FuelSwitch/@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch],!MODULE[GPOSpeedPump]]:FOR[GPOSpeedFuelPump]:AFTER[zzz_CryoTanks]:FINAL

[ERR 07:10:33.302] [ModuleManager] Error - more than one pass specifier on a node: GPOSpeedFuelPump/Patches/ProceduralTanks/@PART[proceduralTank*]:HAS[!MODULE[GPOSpeedPump]]:FOR[GPOSpeedFuelPump]:FINAL

[ERR 07:10:33.303] [ModuleManager] Error - more than one pass specifier on a node: GPOSpeedFuelPump/Patches/StationScience/@PART[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[Kibbal],!MODULE[GPOSpeedPump]]:FOR[GPOSpeedFuelPump]:FINAL

I'll try removing a load of mods and re-adding them one at a time and see if I can track it down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got it, it's Color Coded Canisters/Fuel Tanks Plus causing the conflict. I'll post in that mod's thread since NecroBones doesn't seem to have a GitHub etc.

Edited by BoilingCold

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, BoilingCold said:

I'll try removing a load of mods and re-adding them one at a time and see if I can track it down.

Those errors are all caused by the latest version of MM no longer ignoring certain errors.

To fix go into each of the three files and remove all instances of :FOR[GPOSpeedFuelPump]

Edited by Aelfhe1m

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a problem. KSP crashes. I think I have found the problem. I made 2 craft. They have the same parts. There is only one difference between the two. I change in sph property for engine - orbital-engine-25 (aka LV-95-6 Orbital Maneuvering Engine Assembly). 1st with balance off. 2nd with balance on.

craft file 1: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vlg2sj9sjwiziza/GPO Test 1.craft?dl=0

craft file 2: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ppm4nmh57h2gv76/GPO Test 2.craft?dl=0

I use craft 1 and have no problems, here is output_log.txt: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fb6s7lspq0le8kw/save for GPO Testing.1.output_log.txt?dl=0

I use craft 2 and game crashes, here is output_log.txt: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2qmtn4pf71t838n/save for GPO Testing.2.output_log.txt?dl=0

Can you help please? or let me know where I should ask?

edit. I forgot to mention. I have a suspicion that the problem is related to the part having resource available and maximum for electric set to zero.

Edited by Apaseall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, is it possible to reduce the amount of information sent to the output_log.txt?

Spoiler

[Part]: PartModule indexing mismatch at cryoengine-25-1, index 18.
Node 'GPOSpeedPump' found in loaded data, but 'ModuleB9PartInfo' is defined in prefab.
Looking for GPOSpeedPump in other indices...
 
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

...GPOSpeedPump module found at index 19.

I am currently making spaceplanes, or things that dive into the ocean! :(  Thus quite a lot of B9 Parts, hunting through log file quite tiring. For the example above, 7 lines used but in the end no error found, well yes not at 18 but is at 19. Do you follow?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Apaseall said:

I have a problem. KSP crashes. I think I have found the problem. I made 2 craft. They have the same parts. There is only one difference between the two. I change in sph property for engine - orbital-engine-25 (aka LV-95-6 Orbital Maneuvering Engine Assembly). 1st with balance off. 2nd with balance on.

craft file 1: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vlg2sj9sjwiziza/GPO Test 1.craft?dl=0

craft file 2: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ppm4nmh57h2gv76/GPO Test 2.craft?dl=0

I use craft 1 and have no problems, here is output_log.txt: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fb6s7lspq0le8kw/save for GPO Testing.1.output_log.txt?dl=0

I use craft 2 and game crashes, here is output_log.txt: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2qmtn4pf71t838n/save for GPO Testing.2.output_log.txt?dl=0

Can you help please? or let me know where I should ask?

edit. I forgot to mention. I have a suspicion that the problem is related to the part having resource available and maximum for electric set to zero.

 

Great bug report!  I'm able to reproduce this, and will work on a solution.

For now, don't activate the fuel pump on combination engines/fuel tanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, hab136 said:

 

Great bug report!  I'm able to reproduce this, and will work on a solution.

For now, don't activate the fuel pump on combination engines/fuel tanks.

Thank you. I am not certain but I might have experienced this problem previously. Unfortunately, if it is this mod, then the other mod got a finger pointed at it in error (:. It was space plane engines that time. I did not get to the bottom of it and used some other engines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Feature request: can you give us action group capabilities? So we can change pump on/off or balance on/off via an action group. Maybe a way to change the pump level as well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2018 at 5:16 PM, Kolago said:

Feature request: can you give us action group capabilities? So we can change pump on/off or balance on/off via an action group. Maybe a way to change the pump level as well?

That's a good idea, and I believe it's fairly easy to implement.  I'll add it to my TODO list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GPOSpeedFuelPump v1.8.12 for KSP 1.4.2 is out!

* Recompiled for KSP 1.4.2
* Added action group support

Thanks @Kolago for the idea!

od6zZUk.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.