[1.1] ModifiedIVA

MasseFlieger

On 5/2/2016 at 9:53 AM, MasseFlieger said:

Hey mate, 

im using one scene as my main one for prop arrangement, then save the as a separate scene and load the internal I want to work on. It's kludgy but it works. Downside once you save the internal the grouping of the props is lost, so it remains as a huge prop list :)

makes sense?

So I tried doing what you recommended and I still cant quite grasp how you're doing a prop arrangement in one scene and then putting those pre-arranged props into another scene with IVA's..

I'm trying to set up some semi-coherent props in my IVA's but I really want to know your method of arranging your props. I'm just a prop-newb trying to get things done. Any advice? :) 

53 minutes ago, martinezfg11 said:

You could do an eye offset in the config file for the space. You could probably add it using ModuleManager.

MODULE
	{
		name = InternalSeat
		seatTransformName = seatCoPilot
		allowCrewHelmet = false
		kerbalEyeOffset = 0, 0.03, -0.01

kerbalEyeOffset = X, Y (Move up/down),  Z (Move fwd/back)

Moving these values too far results in weirdness, like seeing the inside of a Kerbal's head. 

Awesome, learned something new :P I'll give it a go!

13 minutes ago, martinezfg11 said:

So I tried doing what you recommended and I still cant quite grasp how you're doing a prop arrangement in one scene and then putting those pre-arranged props into another scene with IVA's..

I'm trying to set up some semi-coherent props in my IVA's but I really want to know your method of arranging your props. I'm just a prop-newb trying to get things done. Any advice? :) 

Hi mate, its actually the other way around, so:

1. create a new scene where "all" your prop arrangements are at, and save it

2. open that scene and save it as a new name (example, the new pit youre working on)

3. load the internal into the new scene that includes all the arrangements

4. now you place the arrangements, then once done, delete any extra props/arrangements that you dont want in the IVA, save it, write to config, etc...

Let me know, 

I can also send you my prop arrangement scene so you can see what I mean.

14 minutes ago, theonegalen said:

Looks great to me!

thanks mate, approaching a runway is still very hard to get right since that huge middle pilar in the front of the pit. I think Ill need to offset the view a little left. :)

Getting any kind of usable visibility out of that cockpit is going to be real tough, no matter where you put the eyepoint. But of course, a plausible spaceplane design most likely would have windows as small as possible; bubble canopies and reentry probably won't work in reality. So I'm sure you'll find the most workable spot. :)

Just started on the MK3-A:

Made a couple of adjustments on the kerbal eye offset as well, the awkward size of the kerbals renders the center console useless for more than 66% of its real estate, and the A pilar (center front) has a camera switch colider, so no buttons there. :( but it will be functional... kerbal style :P

Let me know what you think:

GVZzTWP.png

9 hours ago, Doc Shaftoe said:

That's beautiful MasseFlieger. Just astoundingly beautiful. It looks like a real flight deck. I don't post often, but damn this deserves all the praise I can give.

Thanks mate! that means a lot. 

I have a feeling that true flight decks are coming with the constant updates from the ASET props - they look and work amazingly.

10 hours ago, Doc Shaftoe said:

That's beautiful MasseFlieger. Just astoundingly beautiful. It looks like a real flight deck. I don't post often, but damn this deserves all the praise I can give.

What he said. It looks absolutely awesome !

Thank you guys,

My only issue remaining from the flight tests is performance, with 2300 props, the IVA flight becomes sluggish, I will need to see about combining possibly several props into single models, etc... 

Glad to know you guys like the layout though.

11 minutes ago, MasseFlieger said:

Thank you guys,

My only issue remaining from the flight tests is performance, with 2300 props, the IVA flight becomes sluggish, I will need to see about combining possibly several props into single models, etc... 

Glad to know you guys like the layout though.

There are some profiling options in RasterPropMonitor that you can use to get an idea of whether variable queries are too expensive.  There are also some changes that I expect to see in the next ASET Props pack that will take advantage of some stuff I put into RPM to make it less expensive.  Although 2300 props is still a lot, so it may not help a lot. :o

14 minutes ago, MOARdV said:

There are some profiling options in RasterPropMonitor that you can use to get an idea of whether variable queries are too expensive.  There are also some changes that I expect to see in the next ASET Props pack that will take advantage of some stuff I put into RPM to make it less expensive.  Although 2300 props is still a lot, so it may not help a lot. :o

Thanks mate - I was thinking of requesting one of my prop arrangements to be converted into a single prop/model, that should reduce it from 2300 to less than 500 or so. I'll look into the profiling options as well. 

1 minute ago, theonegalen said:

2300, gosh. Seems like someone could kitbash those large numbers of nonfunctional switches together into single part panels to save on that.

Otherwise, it looks amazing.

Exactly my thinking!

1 hour ago, MasseFlieger said:

Thanks mate - I was thinking of requesting one of my prop arrangements to be converted into a single prop/model, that should reduce it from 2300 to less than 500 or so. I'll look into the profiling options as well. 

Exactly my thinking!

Is it possible something you could do with Unity using MODEL nodes the way parts packs like KSPX are made, or how the UbioZur welding mod used to work? I don't know if Props work at all in the same way, though.

My first post in this forum is for saying "Thank you mate !!!" 
With the new Unity V patch I've return to the game and, since I enjoy IVA playing style the most, your mod has become a "must have" for me. So keep up the good work. 
Btw....allow me to suggest you which is, in my opinion, one of the best parts of , in the other hand excellent, MOARdV's " Flight System Redux" mod. I meant the DSKY display ( a part of ASET Props, as far as I know ) for the panel in the middle front (between the two sets of frontal windows which is full of apparently non function buttons). 

This panel gives you precise and usefull info about orbital manouvers, mostly needed when you use the cockpit for a SSTO. 

Edited by Guderina

23 hours ago, Guderina said:

My first post in this forum is for saying "Thank you mate !!!" 
With the new Unity V patch I've return to the game and, since I enjoy IVA playing style the most, your mod has become a "must have" for me. So keep up the good work. 
Btw....allow me to suggest you which is, in my opinion, one of the best parts of , in the other hand excellent, MOARdV's " Flight System Redux" mod. I meant the DSKY display ( a part of ASET Props, as far as I know ) for the panel in the middle front (between the two sets of frontal windows which is full of apparently non function buttons). 

This panel gives you precise and usefull info about orbital manouvers, mostly needed when you use the cockpit for a SSTO. 

Hi there, thank you

Yeah I wish I could use that A pillar, but there is a camera collider there in the model, and I haven't gotten around to look into replacing it. 

I am eagerly looking to get those new props into my IVAs!

Compared to the actual Shuttle cockpit, there's nothing really there save for a few toggles. I know the Mk-3 isn't a perfect analogue to the US orbiters, but it's something that might make your job a little easier if you're trying to get the IVA to look like the real thing.

http://www51.honeywell.com/aero/common/images/Cockpit_Displays_in_the_Atlantis_Space_Shuttle_Large.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.