[1.1] ModifiedIVA

MasseFlieger

10 hours ago, Doc Shaftoe said:

Compared to the actual Shuttle cockpit, there's nothing really there save for a few toggles. I know the Mk-3 isn't a perfect analogue to the US orbiters, but it's something that might make your job a little easier if you're trying to get the IVA to look like the real thing.

http://www51.honeywell.com/aero/common/images/Cockpit_Displays_in_the_Atlantis_Space_Shuttle_Large.jpg

Yeah - I saw that, I am testing it with less props, the issue (visually speaking is the non functional displays on the stock IVA - they really bother me. :) 

Oh I hear you. If you're looking to avoid non-functioning props, you could think about placing some of the analog gauges up there. If you're not worried about expanding the requirements, ASET's avionics pack has some good stuff if you're looking for a non-stock alternative.

Edited by Doc Shaftoe

• 2 weeks later...

Hey @MasseFlieger, I was just thinking about your question from a few weeks ago about switching the IVA of the parts through tweakables. Have you asked @blowfish, who is maintaining B9 Aerospace, and therefore B9PartSwitch, about that possibility? It seems to be the more robust of the "change things through config files and tweakables" dlls. 

2 hours ago, theonegalen said:

Hey @MasseFlieger, I was just thinking about your question from a few weeks ago about switching the IVA of the parts through tweakables. Have you asked @blowfish, who is maintaining B9 Aerospace, and therefore B9PartSwitch, about that possibility? It seems to be the more robust of the "change things through config files and tweakables" dlls. 

hey there - no, I have not had a chance to. RL has gotten in the way again :P - for now Im focusing on testing out a mesh merge in unity (possibly fixing the performance issues without having to create new models), and starting to make the C glass versions for the MK1 pits.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/25/2016 at 2:39 AM, MasseFlieger said:

hey there - no, I have not had a chance to. RL has gotten in the way again :P - for now Im focusing on testing out a mesh merge in unity (possibly fixing the performance issues without having to create new models), and starting to make the C glass versions for the MK1 pits.

c glass? awesome. can't wait to see what they will be like, maybe like f-22/16 full glass? 

Spoiler

W3EDsET.jpg

or

4Yb4q6h.jpg

Edited by HawkedUpSpace
mistake, also added spoiler for image

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Localy I'm trying to revive this fine stuff; managed to update ASET_Props to 1.2 color coding so the mk1-2 pod looks fine as hell (no idea if it works as fine, VechicleView does not). Now have to learn unity stuff as the updated (from 5.0 rc1) MasseFlieger internals have all props in wrong positions. Doing it manually in notepad one by one is going to be a mess. Does anyone havwe a tutorial on IVA pit and props loading in unity?

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/8/2016 at 10:08 AM, silvan78 said:

Localy I'm trying to revive this fine stuff; managed to update ASET_Props to 1.2 color coding so the mk1-2 pod looks fine as hell (no idea if it works as fine, VechicleView does not). Now have to learn unity stuff as the updated (from 5.0 rc1) MasseFlieger internals have all props in wrong positions. Doing it manually in notepad one by one is going to be a mess. Does anyone havwe a tutorial on IVA pit and props loading in unity?

Godspeed brother, I want this.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.