Best mods to enhance 1.1 vanilla?

jpinard

If I don't want to drastically change gameplay, just enhance it very nicely, which mods should we be grabbing?  My current list is:

* Engineer redux

* Kerbal Alarm Clock

* Texture Replacer (not sure how to get super nice water and better looking land though)

* Docking Port alignment

* Chatterer

* Scansat

You can get:

• Kerbal Planetary Base Systems
  • Better Burn Time
  • Kerbal Joint Reinforcement
  • Hab Tech (Strongly Recommended)
  • Antenna Range (Simplified RemoteTech)

Those are some of my standard mods. Will be adding to it as mods get updated for 1.1

4 minutes ago, Joco223 said:

You can get:

(...)

Those are some of my standard mods. Will be adding to it as mods get updated for 1.1

The OP said not to alter the game drastically. Part mods and KJR do not really coincide with that, one can argue.

I guess I'll share my mod list for 1.1, pick what suit you the best !

Chatterer
ForScience (change significantly the game play, you might want to avoid it) (not on CKAN yet but updated for 1.1)
JettisonFuel
MechJeb2 (overlapping with KER)
ModularFuelTanks (not on CKAN yet but updated for 1.1)
Navball Up default
StrutFinder

I'm waiting for Contract Pack: Anomaly Surveyor to be updated for 1.1

I would also suggest some that I don't play at this moment :
Infernal Robotics, KIS and KAS but they also drastically change the gameplay.

I choose to pass on any visual enhancement mod.

Edited by MrGeekArt
forgot KIS and KAS

3 minutes ago, Mister Spock said:

Are these mods compatible with 64-bit KSP?  I looked through the list of releases and couldn't tell which 1.1 mods were designed to run in 64-bit mode.

I believe that mods need nothing special to work in 64 bit KSP. I know mine didn't.

9 minutes ago, Mister Spock said:

Thanks.  I ask because before 1.1, a number of mods were described as not supporting 64-bit.  I guess the default now is that mods will work with both 64- and 32-bit KSP unless otherwise indicated?

Those weren't inherently unable to run in 64-bit. 64-bit was buggy though and was causing a lot of false bug reports. So, the modders explicitly coded in blocks so you couldn't run the mods in 64-bit. That's not a problem now, though, as 64-bit is just as stable as 32-bit.

3 hours ago, jpinard said:

If I don't want to drastically change gameplay, just enhance it very nicely, which mods should we be grabbing?  My current list is:

* Engineer redux

* Kerbal Alarm Clock

* Texture Replacer (not sure how to get super nice water and better looking land though)

* Docking Port alignment

* Chatterer

* Scansat

Well Stock Visual Enhancements is something you want for the water.

I also recommend KillAshley's KASE once it is updated, although you are welcome to try.

I am so excited!  Some new stuff to add.  Will scatterer improve ambient light?  Since I'm not great at the game I find the darkness too dark when trying to find a place to scope out and land.

Universal Storage I use to keep my builds pretty without a bunch of radially mounted science. Doesn't change the function of anything just makes them easier to add to a ship.

SpaceY is good if you want to take stock to 5m lifters.

ALacrity

EVE is a must-have for me personally, I don't know how I could play w/o it. Scatterer is also beautiful, but in conjunction w/ EVE, it's just incredible. Also, Scatterer has great water-shaders, which, I saw, is one of the things  you said you wanted.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.