Dres Awareness Society

WillThe84th

I've visited Dres once. However, I never got around to going again because I started a new career and got pretty dedicated. Then my biggest base blew up, so I'm making a new career mode and focusing on Dres this time. Dres may be an angry space potato, but who doesn't like a space potato?

Edited by msasterisk
clarity

A poem for dres:

Dres is a world

Of plain grey and black and white,

yet full of wonders not ever told

that gives it a great plight.

Its orbit is always crossed

as we journey to jool way out there,

while paid a visit it is not

or even raises a hair.

So to make this sad world glad

and shine on it some light,

I wrote this little poem that's not that bad

and relieve dres of its great plight.

Dres Now: :D:):cool:

Edited by LetsGoToMars!

On 4/28/2016 at 1:39 AM, Galacticvoyager said:

The krakenist's have waged war with you dres lovers...

We don't all necessarily love Dres, we just believe that Dres has been cheated out of a fighting chance...

And we're here to give Dres the fighting chance it deserves.

41 minutes ago, LetsGoToMars! said:

A poem for dres:

Dres is a world

Of plain grey and black and white,

yet full of wonders not ever told

that gives it a great plight.

Its orbit is always crossed

as we journey to jool way out there,

while paid a visit it is not

or even raises a hair.

So to make this sad world glad

and shine on it some light,

I wrote this little poem that's not that bad

and relieve dres of its great plight.

Dres Now: :D:):cool:

That's awesome!

My fellow Dres Awareness Society Members, I have an important announcement.

I have been working on a Kopernicus planet pack for the last two days, and this is what I've accomplished:

Introducing the Dres Plus mod!

It changes the size of Dres to be 950 km in radius and gives Dres a surface gravity of over 2g.

Oh yeah, and it also has two moons. (So far)

The view from the largest moon: Opaki. (305 km radius)

KCF1G0k.png

This is just a "sneak peek" to this mod.

It is still work in progress...

Edited by WillThe84th
Whoops, the pic didn't work.

I have not ever sent a mission to Dres. This is because of my low number of interplanetary missions in general (only 2 to duna, 1 to eve, 1 to gilly, and 1 to jool.)

24 minutes ago, teag2 said:

I have not ever sent a mission to Dres. This is because of my low number of interplanetary missions in general (only 2 to duna, 1 to eve, 1 to gilly, and 1 to jool.)

If you're new to interplanetary missions, then that's understandable. You see, Dres isn't the easiest place to go to, because of its inclination and small gravitational pull/oberth effect.

We do ask that you acknowledge it's existence and maybe put it in you list of future plans. :wink:

On 4/26/2016 at 0:14 PM, Deostructor said:

So, what do you think about it? Anyone who wants to help me can apply to be a judge via PM or comment, so if enough people like the idea, I will post it the challenge thread.

I got you. However I don't know how safe adding multiple asteroids to a klaw structure is.

18 hours ago, DChurchill said:

It was Moho, with my apologies to the Daughters of the American Revolution. No, wait, the Society for the Appreciation of Dres. It's SAD, right?

mAmtP.jpg

I don't remember it ever looking like that. When was it like that?

P.S: If anyone's interested in the Dres Plus mod, I made an official development thread here.

On 2016-05-02 at 7:06 PM, WillThe84th said:

It changes the size of Dres to be 950 km in radius and gives Dres a surface gravity of over 2g.

Oh yeah, and it also has two moons. (So far)

See?  There you go, that's a lot less boring than current Dres.   Although...also quite scary.

One thing you might want to keep in mind during system construction is that there's kinda a dearth in planets in the 0.4 to 0.6g range (moho/duna/classic dres are like ~0.3g, tylo/lathe are 0.785g).

1 minute ago, Renegrade said:

See?  There you go, that's a lot less boring than current Dres.   Although...also quite scary.

One thing you might want to keep in mind during system construction is that there's kinda a dearth in planets in the 0.4 to 0.6g range (moho/duna/classic dres are like ~0.3g, tylo/lathe are 0.785g).

It just so happens that one of the moons of Dres has a gravity of 0.4g.

1 minute ago, Jhawk1099 said:

@WillThe84th 2g might be a bit much. I am just thinking of how much delta-v would be required to take off... quite a bit

Still less than Eve. Although, landing on Dres in this mod would really only be for the bold, it has two moons as well.

I'm still working on a lander design, you need a lot of thrust and a very efficient descent.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.