Dres Awareness Society

WillThe84th

15 hours ago, electricpants said:

The Mun has large craters that are steep around the edges, so you can roll down them and explode! Happy ending!

I like blowing Kerbals up by smashing into craters too, but Dres is a better place for that. Munar craters are either really small or really flat. The few craters on Dres are deep and large. And besides! That color scheme for the Mun is too drab for proper Kerbal exploding.

5 hours ago, Galacticvoyager said:

*ahem* electric pants, why not go to bop? If dres doesn't appease you, then surely a space potatoe will! also, all hail kraken and dres!

Finally! Dres Lovers and Kraken Worshipers have united!

1 hour ago, WillThe84th said:

That's something i'd love to see, someone do a sort of pod race through the Dres canyons.

I would love to do that. But how wide is that canyon? I'm not too sure it will be wide (or long) enough for proper podracing. Even if the canyon is too small, it can be used for colonies or cities like those on Cato Nemoboidia in Star Wars.

2 hours ago, WillThe84th said:

That's something i'd love to see, someone do a sort of pod race through the Dres canyons.

There. Someone who doesn't blatantly dismiss everything about Dres just because its Dres. You know, I follow those kinds of people- lets give him a standing ovation.

1 hour ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

Dres DOES NOT EXIST!

1 hour ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

I like blowing Kerbals up by smashing into craters too, but Dres is a better place for that. Munar craters are either really small or really flat. The few craters on Dres are deep and large. And besides! That color scheme for the Mun is too drab for proper Kerbal exploding.

Finally! Dres Lovers and Kraken Worshipers have united!

I would love to do that. But how wide is that canyon? I'm not too sure it will be wide (or long) enough for proper podracing. Even if the canyon is too small, it can be used for colonies or cities like those on Cato Nemoboidia in Star Wars.

+1

+10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 etc.

+3000000000000000000000000000 etc.

But anyway, YOU! @electricpants! You haven't answered me as to why you have a burning desire to repeat Dres is a Lie, or Dres is boring etc.

Why?

WHY?

WHY?!

*Determination.

34 minutes ago, electricpants said:

Yes, yes I would.

So if the massive canyon was exactly the same, but on another planet, you would suddenly change your mind? Because that is the logic that you show throughout the thread.

3 minutes ago, Matuchkin said:

canyon was exactly the same, but on another planet, you would suddenly change your mind?

No, because I know that it was originally on Dres.

Also, lets argue more on this: 

Edited by electricpants

Just now, electricpants said:

No, because I know that it was originally on Dres.

Well your logic is impeccable. You simply hate everything that has to do with Dres, for the sole reason that they have to do with Dres. Tell me, exactly- why do you hate Dres? You said that it has the same, boring shade of gray, yet that can be said of the Mun, Ceres (IRL), and numerous other bodies that you don't have that much of a grudge against. You stated no other reason.

If you die on Dres, do you die is real life?

What's the difference between a Dresian and a unicorn? Nothing. They're both fictional character. JK, a unicorn is real.

God hates Dres!

Edited by Joeybafoey

But Dres is a wonderful place! I mean really, the canyons are amazing, the low gravity is always fun, and it's a simply place to go to for a heck-ton of science! Seriously, who can truly hate Dres.

You know what. I'm going to make a planet pack dedicated to making Dres some nice neighbors.

I made a mod to shove the KSC onto Dres. And I chose Dres specifically for a few reasons. The low gravity and no atmosphere make it a great place to build and play with interplanetary ship designs. It is right between Duna and Jool; the two most popular planetary destinations. And finally, it has no moons to distract or get in the way of your transfers. It makes for a much purer space travel experience. 

19 hours ago, Kerbal kerman said:

What's Dres?

The best place in the universe. It is unloved and rarely visited though. DRES LOVE! 

43 minutes ago, Bill the Kerbal said:

I am planning on setting up a dres base does anyone have any idea for what it should include?

In my bases, I usually have a science lab, habitation modules, science experiments and antennas, irsu, a fuel tank, and maybe a place to park rovers.

That's a kinda over compacted base though. Maybe just a small irsu base with a few Kerbals is a good starting place. Then just expand on that. To get it there, I suggest a bunch of nuclear tugs, a big carrier mother ship (Warning! Lag!), or even Kerbin-Dres Cyclers. Basically, use nuclear engines and you will be fine. Remember: Nuclear engines use only Liquid Fuel, and have a bad habit of overheating, so for burns as far as Dres, bring radiators. 

Hope that helps! If you need help, PM me or maybe ask someone on the spacecraft exchange. There are some awesome builders there who can help you with all kinds of stuff. 

I don't know why everyone keeps asking me about stuff though. It's ok.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.