Kraken Base

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, how can you praise a glitch/dead thing? And Galacticvoyager, remember, you started it*

"Citation: Donald Trump Campaign

Lol, @max_creative with the 4th wall breaching

Edited by KSP Bros KS

Hey, I know it is probably none of my business to say this, but it is kind of "unattractive" to be looking at a challenge and see massive green letters of the same thing: Praise the Kraken and Show him who's boss.

Just my two cents. Sorry.

Edited by DMSP

• 2 weeks later...

On 5/14/2016 at 10:12 PM, thereaverofdarkness2 said:

Submissions should get extra points for taking advantage of the Kraken for base-building purposes.

you have to

On 5/15/2016 at 8:36 AM, SpaceplaneAddict said:

Hail Kraken! Bow to our lord Kraken, ruler of free delta-v, and emperor of space!

KILL HIM! POKE A FLAG THROUGH HIS EYE! DRILL HIM FOR ORE!

I have an entry...

YYgefg1.png
AjwbNdH.pngnBe1Hck.pngd0jGTWr.pngG3v9GTP.png30fPcMm.pngLNxvuTS.pngTHanGru.pngI have mined the Kraken's fallen out eyeball, with 7 drills, using a pimped-up 3.75 meter pod fully-fledged 11-kerbal mini-mining base! If it isn't too late, this is a serious (if mining and sticking flags in a Kraken eyeball is serious...) entry, and more pictures can be provided if necessary to prove that no hyperedit/mechjeb was used (I don't use either of those mods anyways). If one doesn't trust the number of kerbals I have stated, count the capacity of all the pods.

There is a mini-ISRU nestled in the middle of the stack of the base (not part-clipped, either), and some mini-ore tanks, if one is wondering of the visual absence of them.

In the second-to last screenshot, it can be seen that I squeezed in two flags on the eyeball, and so far have stuck one in the Kraken itself (though more can be planted).

The mods in this save are almost all visual (no part mods are in the game except EVA struts and RasterPropMonitor (which adds a camera), and none are used on the ship). No Kerbal Engineer or other mod of the likes is used, either.

Edited by LaytheDragon

18 hours ago, LaytheDragon said:

I have an entry...

YYgefg1.png
AjwbNdH.pngnBe1Hck.pngd0jGTWr.pngG3v9GTP.png30fPcMm.pngLNxvuTS.pngTHanGru.pngI have mined the Kraken's fallen out eyeball, with 7 drills, using a pimped-up 3.75 meter pod fully-fledged 11-kerbal mini-mining base! If it isn't too late, this is a serious (if mining and sticking flags in a Kraken eyeball is serious...) entry, and more pictures can be provided if necessary to prove that no hyperedit/mechjeb was used (I don't use either of those mods anyways). If one doesn't trust the number of kerbals I have stated, count the capacity of all the pods.

There is a mini-ISRU nestled in the middle of the stack of the base (not part-clipped, either), and some mini-ore tanks, if one is wondering of the visual absence of them.

In the second-to last screenshot, it can be seen that I squeezed in two flags on the eyeball, and so far have stuck one in the Kraken itself (though more can be planted).

The mods in this save are almost all visual (no part mods are in the game except EVA struts and RasterPropMonitor (which adds a camera), and none are used on the ship). No Kerbal Engineer or other mod of the likes is used, either.

YOU WIN! I'll make the special badge ASAP.

• 1 month later...

My entry is underway, and it carries 88 kerbals and weighs 99 tons. when you are adding points for part count do you mean at Bop or at launch? Either way the Kraken will pay for glitching my original Jool 5 attempt, the Joolius Caesar and it's Tylo lander.

On 7/17/2016 at 7:20 PM, JacobJHC said:

My entry is underway, and it carries 88 kerbals and weighs 99 tons. when you are adding points for part count do you mean at Bop or at launch? Either way the Kraken will pay for glitching my original Jool 5 attempt, the Joolius Caesar and it's Tylo lander.

oh goody

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: Ship was in orbit around Bop with enough fuel to land just not near the Kraken, so naturally I build an even larger ship to do the job. Now I just need to figure out how to build a stock launcher that can lift 441.5 tons into low Kerbin orbit....

UPDATE #2: I have made a working launcher and am ready to launch my 2365.612 ton monstrosity masterpiece into orbit.

Edited by JacobJHC
Update #2

2 hours ago, JacobJHC said:

UPDATE: Ship was in orbit around Bop with enough fuel to land just not near the Kraken, so naturally I build an even larger ship to do the job. Now I just need to figure out how to build a stock launcher that can lift 441.5 tons into low Kerbin orbit....

UPDATE #2: I have made a working launcher and am ready to launch my 2365.612 ton monstrosity masterpiece into orbit.

37319437.jpg

Perfect! Can't wait!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.