[1.2, 1.3] KW Rocketry Redux 3.1.1.1 released

linuxgurugamer

35 minutes ago, bradwiggo said:

My game doesn't load, it sticks on module manager on the loading screen, I only use this mod and module manager.

Log file: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=6F294D80B5D8B123!6737&authkey=!AOi1a0XK74MG5Bc&ithint=file%2ctxt

Not sure in your case, but when it just hangs there it can be out of memory. How much ram do you have? and if its more than 4gig are you running ksp x64.

Also do you have module manager ver 2.6.22 or .23 (which just came out).

26 minutes ago, Torih said:

Not sure in your case, but when it just hangs there it can be out of memory. How much ram do you have? and if its more than 4gig are you running ksp x64.

I am running 64 bit, so the ram shouldn't matter.

I am running module manager .23

3 hours ago, Torih said:

Do I need module manager 2.6.22?

1 minute ago, bradwiggo said:

Do I need module manager 2.6.22?

.23 should be fine, I've not had any issues with it today.

Have you tried removing the 4 module manage cache files and relaunching.

Aside from that I could only suggest removing KW and MM and reinstalling them again, maybe use ckan to see if it works that way for you.

36 minutes ago, Torih said:

.23 should be fine, I've not had any issues with it today.

Have you tried removing the 4 module manage cache files and relaunching.

Aside from that I could only suggest removing KW and MM and reinstalling them again, maybe use ckan to see if it works that way for you.

It's a completely new install of KSP. Is this a bug?

Mods never work for me, is it the mods or am I doing something wrong?

12 minutes ago, bradwiggo said:

It's a completely new install of KSP. Is this a bug?

Mods never work for me, is it the mods or am I doing something wrong?

I would guess its something you are doing wrong if they never work.

Everything for the mods should be in the GameData folder inside KSP. In this case you should have a KW Rockery and the ModuleManager.2.6.23.dll file (and the squad folder) in there.

If you dont have those in GameData that'll be the problem.

I would highly recommend trying ckan, its an automated program for the mods which makes it simple to install and update. (it can on occasiona break, but for the most part its very handy).

Download the ckan.exe file from here https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/releases/download/v1.16.1/ckan.exe put that file in the Kerbal Folder next to the KSP.exe and KSP_x64.exe files. then run it. Then find KW Redux in the list and select it. That should then ask you which config you want and install itself.

Edited by Torih

I have installed this mod via the CKAN program.  I can grab a "Maverick" motor from the parts list to attach it to my vessel.  If I then take the motor and try to "throw it away" by returning it to the parts list, the game crashes.

I do have Mod Manager installed, v2.6.23.

Yep, I think im getting crashes from KY too. Exclusively in the VAB, and like the last post, when ive got a part selected and im trying to delete it by clicking in the parts list.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u133h2mdx1yiruj/output_log.txt?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4fmmc1skv8o9lyy/output_log2.txt?dl=0

also Im using CKAN and have checked that im on the most recent module manager. Disclaimer - I am also running other mods at the same time but I've disabled/enabled enough to I think narrow it down. Thanks, I hope this helps!

On 4/22/2016 at 3:01 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

----GRADUATED POWER RESPONSE ----
For the graduated power response on engines  you have to extract the GameData folder contained within the Extras/GraduatedPowerResponseConfigs folder after having previously installed KW Rocketry as above.You should merge and overwrite the parts files when prompted and this should mean your engines have instant power response

----INSTANT POWER RESPONSE ----
For alteratively instant power response on engines you have to extract the GameData folder contained within the Extras/InstantPowerResponseConfigs folder after having previously installed KW Rocketry as above.You should merge and overwrite the parts files when prompted and this should mean your engines have instant power response. 

just spotted this copy/paste error while dutifully reading the instructions

((So, I hope I'm on the right topic here, forgive me if I'm not))

I've been having issues with KWRedux after updating to 1.1, the game would always stop loading after reaching the "KW2mSRBNoseCone"-Part. I've tried removing this specific part, only to find out that it basically stops at every part in the "Engines" and "RCS" folders ((tried removing one by one)). After numerous re-downloads, I decided to revert back to 1.0.5, only to run into the same problem, even though it worked perfectly fine before and I copied the 1.0.5 mods from a previously made backup.

My other installed mods are [on both 1.1 and 1.0.5]:

• EnhancedNavBall
  • KAS + KIS
  • MechJeb2
  • KerbalEngineer
  • The SpaceY parts Pack
  • PlanetShine
  • TarsierSpaceTech
  • KerbalJointReinforcement
  • SCANsat

Do you have any ideas what may be causing this?

Edit: I just checked the logs and have found this:

[LOG 21:16:37.543] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'KWRocketry/Parts/Aero/150mSRBTop/part/KW2mSRBNoseCone'
[ERR 21:16:37.548] [ShipTemplate]: No Resource definition found for RESOURCE

[LOG 21:16:37.558] SolidFuel not found in resource database. Propellant Setup has failed.
[EXC 21:16:37.561] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	ModuleEngines.SetupPropellant ()
	ModuleEngines.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node)
	PartModule.Load (.ConfigNode node)
	Part.AddModule (.ConfigNode node)
	PartLoader.ParsePart (.UrlConfig urlConfig, .ConfigNode node)
	PartLoader+.MoveNext ()
[EXC 21:16:37.569] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	ModuleEngines.SetupFXGroups ()
	ModuleEngines.InitializeFX ()
	ModuleEngines.OnStart (StartState state)
	Part.ModulesOnStart ()
	Part+.MoveNext ()

Edit 2: After performing an integrity check and re-downloading the neccesery files, everything works perfectly; issue resolved

Edited by grzzlwmpf

On 4/24/2016 at 0:58 PM, BlazeIV said:

I have installed this mod via the CKAN program.  I can grab a "Maverick" motor from the parts list to attach it to my vessel.  If I then take the motor and try to "throw it away" by returning it to the parts list, the game crashes.

I do have Mod Manager installed, v2.6.23.

On 4/24/2016 at 2:42 PM, singh.prd said:

Yep, I think im getting crashes from KY too. Exclusively in the VAB, and like the last post, when ive got a part selected and im trying to delete it by clicking in the parts list.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u133h2mdx1yiruj/output_log.txt?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4fmmc1skv8o9lyy/output_log2.txt?dl=0

also Im using CKAN and have checked that im on the most recent module manager. Disclaimer - I am also running other mods at the same time but I've disabled/enabled enough to I think narrow it down. Thanks, I hope this helps!

Can you please confirm  you are using the KWRedux?  also, a more detailed step-by-step please, I haven't been able to replicate it yet

@singh.prdI looked at your output logs.  It doesn't appear to be specific to the Maverick, in both cases, it crashed on different parts, the last part deleted in the 2nd output log was a squad part.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Yeah, I've seen crashes that look like that on pure stock installs.  Hard to say exactly what's causing it, but it's quite possibly deep within Unity (if it were Squad's code it would probably have a clear exception in the log).  I don't think there's anything mod related there.

@linuxgurugamer Cheers for having a look, odd you couldn't get it to happen.

I removed all mods and tried to create it on a pure stock but couldn't. Put KW back on and it happened again pretty fast. Oh well :)

Edit: Found it on the bug tracker http://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/8241 looks like squad have a fix ready to test for it, 

Edited by Torih

6 hours ago, Torih said:

@linuxgurugamer Cheers for having a look, odd you couldn't get it to happen.

I removed all mods and tried to create it on a pure stock but couldn't. Put KW back on and it happened again pretty fast. Oh well :)

Please send me complete specs on your system, including cpu, memory, os, etc. I have no idea what I may find, but according to @blowfish this may be a Unity bug.

The really strange thing is that KW is a parts-only mod.

I'm just speculating at the cause, but I've seen crashes like this reported for many different mods and stock (no exception or clear error in the logs), so I don't think its anything specific to KW.

E: here is the bug report.  It's been around since the prereleases and has been reported in a variety of situations, with or without mods.  There may be a fix in the 1.1.1 update.

Edited by blowfish

9 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Please send me complete specs on your system, including cpu, memory, os, etc. I have no idea what I may find, but according to @blowfish this may be a Unity bug.

The really strange thing is that KW is a parts-only mod.

Not sure you can do anything, have a look at that stock bug I posted.

Specs are:

Spoiler

I7 930 (overclocked to 4.2 Ghz)

6 Gb Patroit 1600LL Ram

Ati R9 280

Gigabyte x58a-ud3r Motherboard

Crucial SSD

X-Fi Xtreme Gamer

Windows 7 Home Prem x64

Edited by Torih

4 hours ago, Torih said:

Not sure you can do anything, have a look at that stock bug I posted.

Specs are:

Hide contents

I7 930 (overclocked to 4.2 Ghz)

6 Gb Patroit 1600LL Ram

Ati R9 280

Gigabyte x58a-ud3r Motherboard

Crucial SSD

X-Fi Xtreme Gamer

Windows 7 Home Prem x64

So the biggest difference I see is the video card, I have an nVidia 970.  How much memory is on the video card?

I'm going to keep track of what video card the people who are having problems are using, looking for a trend.  Thanks.

I'll take a look at the bug report later.

Also, I believe that 1.1.1 will be released soon, when it is, please retest.

Thanks

Not too sure if it's general, but the Globe V SRBs i just used in 1.1.2 had thrust but no animation/trail/emissives... 
Had already updated ModuleManager to solve another issue, parts still works fine otherwise.