[1.2, 1.3] KW Rocketry Redux 3.1.1.1 released

linuxgurugamer

Just now, Torih said:

Might it be an idea to include one of the configs as default, and the 2nd set leave in the extras for those who want. They can just overwrite the default ones. Since I bet most people don't read install instructions :P

Can't.  This was set up to allow CKAN to install one or the other of the configs, it can't overwrite existing files

Glad it worked out

15 hours ago, Torih said:

Both the large fin and the Griffon Century Wing throw constant exceptions when picked up (and continue when placed). This only happens when both FAR and Dynamic Controls are installed. So not entirely sure if its KW or one of the other 2 mods at fault but thought I'd mention it here first.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26687/output_logWing.txt

This was on KSP 1.1.2 (but was happening on the other versions)

I have this figured out, but need to get the right values.  Will get out an update later today

19 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I have this figured out, but need to get the right values.  Will get out an update later today

Ah great :)

While you are looking at them, they may be very heavy compared to other control surfaces. Its 10 times the mass of the Delta Deluxe, which seems a little high even with the increased authority.

All of my crafts that were using the "KW2mengineSPSB" appear to be broken. I'm running 1.1.2 with 3.0.2 and I'm fairly certain that KW was installed correctly. Everything was working great in 1.1.1, but updating seems to have knocked a screw or two loose.

Any clue what's going on?

Edited by Vicis

2 hours ago, Vicis said:

All of my crafts that were using the "KW2mengineSPSB" appear to be broken. I'm running 1.1.2 with 3.0.2 and I'm fairly certain that KW was installed correctly. Everything was working great in 1.1.1, but updating seems to have knocked a screw or two loose.

Any clue what's going on?

We need some more information.  Just saying that it's broken doesn't really help:

1. Log file
  2. Description of what's happening
  3. Description on how you installed this
  4. Did you properly install one of the power curve configs? 

4 hours ago, Torih said:

Ah great :)

While you are looking at them, they may be very heavy compared to other control surfaces. Its 10 times the mass of the Delta Deluxe, which seems a little high even with the increased authority.

Please try this out.  Put the file anywhere in the Gamedata directory.  This includes a reduction in mass for the two fins as well as what is needed for FAR.  The far settings are mostly an educated guess, but it does work:

KW_FAR.cfg:

@PART[KWFin]
{
	@mass = 0.075
}
@PART[KWFinGC]
{
	@mass = 0.078
}

@PART[KWFin]:FOR[FerramAerospaceResearch]
{
	@module = Part
	@maximum_drag = 0
	@minimum_drag = 0
	@angularDrag = 0
	@dragCoeff = 0
	@deflectionLiftCoeff = 0
	@ctrlSurfaceRange = 0
	@ctrlSurfaceArea = 0
    !MODULE[ModuleLiftingSurface] {}
	MODULE
	{
		name = FARControllableSurface
		nonSideAttach = 0			
		MAC = 1.311
		MidChordSweep = 29.375
		maxdeflect = 15
		b_2 = 1.2
		TaperRatio = 0.5
		ctrlSurfFrac = 0.3
	}
}
@PART[KWFinGC]:FOR[FerramAerospaceResearch]
{
	@module = Part
	@maximum_drag = 0
	@minimum_drag = 0
	@angularDrag = 0
	@dragCoeff = 0
	@deflectionLiftCoeff = 0
	@ctrlSurfaceRange = 0
	@ctrlSurfaceArea = 0
    !MODULE[ModuleLiftingSurface] {}
	MODULE
	{
		name = FARControllableSurface
		nonSideAttach = 0			
		MAC = 1.311
		MidChordSweep = 23.84
		maxdeflect = 20
		b_2 = 1.2
		TaperRatio = 0.6
		ctrlSurfFrac = 0.3
	}
}

Edited by linuxgurugamer

50 minutes ago, Torih said:

@linuxgurugamer Looks good I think, no errors and I've flown several test flights with it. However It may be worth increasing the mass a little since they are better than the stock ones, maybe 0.15ish?

I made the mass a little higher than 0.15, but still reasonable.

just released 3.0.3

Speaking of mass are the fuel tanks supposed to have a mass 9 times compared to the rockomax equivalent? For me the Rockomax x200-32 is 2 tonnes the MRS "half jumbo" is 18 tonnes

15 minutes ago, Demigod said:

Speaking of mass are the fuel tanks supposed to have a mass 9 times compared to the rockomax equivalent? For me the Rockomax x200-32 is 2 tonnes the MRS "half jumbo" is 18 tonnes

MRS half jumbo is from another mod Modular Rocket Systems. Nothing to do with KW.

Also the 2 Masses you are comparing is dry vs fuel weight. the x200-32 is 18t with fuel

43 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I made the mass a little higher than 0.15, but still reasonable.

just released 3.0.3

Nice work :)

How odd it comes up with KW as manufacturer for me. I must have messed with the wrong mod manager file somewhere. Ill delete the folder and reinstall the files. Thanks for the help

ok, Imgur is not cooperating, so I will try my best to describe what is going on...first off, whenever I go to open a rocket with KW parts in it, it does not open, no menu to indicate an error, and green boxes with different components shows up in the lower right hand of the screen.

Second, when I build a rocket from scratch, it will not let me mount anything radially.  a similar thing as what I mentioned above occurs.

The 3.0.3 version on GitHub may be missing some CFG files. 

When I look in the ..\Parts\Engines\5mEngines, for example, there are no *.cfg files to be found.  I looked at the freshly downloaded zip file from GitHub, and I don't see those CFG files in the zip.  Looked inside my backup directory,  and found both CG.cfg and TV.cfg files.

The same goes for the 1mWildcat5 folder.  No CFG file in 3.0.3, but there is a part.cfg in my backup directory.

Reverted my KW directory, reloaded KSP and the engines are back.

My bad! Forgot the power response files.  :confused:

Edited by Padrone
Stupidity

3 minutes ago, Padrone said:

The 3.0.3 version on GitHub may be missing some CFG files. 

When I look in the ..\Parts\Engines\5mEngines, for example, there are no *.cfg files to be found.  I looked at the freshly downloaded zip file from GitHub, and I don't see those CFG files in the zip.  Looked inside my backup directory,  and found both CG.cfg and TV.cfg files.

The same goes for the 1mWildcat5 folder.  No CFG file in 3.0.3, but there is a part.cfg in my backup directory.

Reverted my KW directory, reloaded KSP and the engines are back.

You didn't follow the instructions:

These are the instructions to install the KWRocketryRedux.

IMPORTANT:  You MUST install one of the two power response directories,
otherwise the engines will not work.

How to install:
Firstly, Insure any older version of KW has been removed. (GameData/KWRocketry)

----MAIN INSTALLATION----
Now, for a normal install simply unpack the GameData folder included in the download 
>> MERGING << the folders when prompted. 

----POWER RESPONSE ----
There are two different power response configs.  One is an instant response,
similar to stock, and the second is a graduated power response, where it takes
the engines a few seconds spool up to full thrust

----GRADUATED POWER RESPONSE ----
For the graduated power response on engines 
you have to extract the GameData folder contained within the Extras/GraduatedPowerResponseConfigs 
folder after having previously installed KW Rocketry as above.You should merge and overwrite 
the parts files when prompted and this should mean your engines have instant power response. 

----INSTANT POWER RESPONSE ----
For alteratively instant power response on engines 
you have to extract the GameData folder contained within the Extras/InstantPowerResponseConfigs 
folder after having previously installed KW Rocketry as above.You should merge and overwrite 
the parts files when prompted and this should mean your engines have instant power response. 

I think I'm going to spend a little time to write some code which will be included with KW, all it will do is to verify that the install is correct.

I've gotten too many of these since I released the Redux version

3 minutes ago, Sampa said:

Linux, did you get the notice about the bug I encountered?

Yes, but as you can imagine, not much info.

Please zip up your entire GameData directory, along with your entire save directory, and put it in a dropbox or google drive, then email me the link.  You can also put images into the zip.

12 minutes ago, Sampa said:

ok, I will do that right now...

It really sounds like a bad install.  I'm assuming you installed by hand.  If you have CKAN available, could you just try loading KWRedux via CKAN and try again?