[1.2, 1.3] KW Rocketry Redux 3.1.1.1 released

linuxgurugamer

If it helps any I did a backup then a full uninstall of KSP. Redownloaded a clean copy of 1.1.3 then did a manual install of KW rocketry redux 3.0.10. Still had the same issues. Also noticed two changes in the editor in the VAB. The sps engine no longer showed the version which uses fuel/lox. Also all the engine bells for the kw engines glowed red. Maybe has to do with instant power config? These last two changes happed after reinstall. I am linking a save folder and screen shot of the VAB. Thanks.

save file with ships and output log

pic of red engine bell in vab 

edit.. been trying more things. Think you can ignore the sps engine and red engine bell thing. Reinstalling newest module manger fixed that. the original issues still exsit though.

Edited by electron2059
new info

I tried using 1.25 meter tanks with the 2.5 meter interstage, same problem, so it isn't anything to do with clipping.

I think I have an answer, watch for an update tomorrow

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Ok, please try this, and please let me know how it goes

Find the files:

KWRocketry\Parts\Fairings\UnifiedFairings\part1mDecouplerShroud.cfg

KWRocketry\Parts\Fairings\UnifiedFairings\part2mDecouplerShroud.cfg

KWRocketry\Parts\Fairings\UnifiedFairings\part3mDecouplerShroud.cfg

KWRocketry\Parts\Fairings\UnifiedFairings\part5mDecouplerShroud.cfg

KWRocketry\Parts\Fairings\UnifiedFairings\part5x3_AdaptorShroud.cfg

At the bottom of each file, you will see a section which looks like:

MODULE
{
    name = ModuleDecouple
    ejectionForce = 1000
    explosiveNodeID = top
}

Change the last line so it looks like the following:

MODULE
{
    name = ModuleDecouple
    ejectionForce = 1000
    //explosiveNodeID = top
    isOmniDecoupler = true
}

Edited by linuxgurugamer

43 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I tried using 1.25 meter tanks with the 2.5 meter interstage, same problem, so it isn't anything to do with clipping.

I think I have an answer, watch for an update tomorrow

This update will be your 1.1.3 compatibility update?

7 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Ok, please try this, and please let me know how it goes

Find the files:

KWRocketry\Parts\Fairings\UnifiedFairings\part1mDecouplerShroud.cfg

KWRocketry\Parts\Fairings\UnifiedFairings\part2mDecouplerShroud.cfg

KWRocketry\Parts\Fairings\UnifiedFairings\part3mDecouplerShroud.cfg

KWRocketry\Parts\Fairings\UnifiedFairings\part5mDecouplerShroud.cfg

KWRocketry\Parts\Fairings\UnifiedFairings\part5x3_AdaptorShroud.cfg

At the bottom of each file, you will see a section which looks like:

MODULE
{
    name = ModuleDecouple
    ejectionForce = 1000
    explosiveNodeID = top
}

Change the last line so it looks like the following:

MODULE
{
    name = ModuleDecouple
    ejectionForce = 1000
    //explosiveNodeID = top
    isOmniDecoupler = true
}

Thank you. This did solve the decoupling problem. I went back and checked my 1.1.2 backup it did have the issue. I didn't notice it since I didn't use those parts in awhile since was waiting for 1.1.3. 

I do still have the attachment issue with the conical interstages in the VAB. The upper node will attach but the bottom node won't attach to the bottom of the engine to cover it. It only happens on the 3.75m-2m and 5-3.75m ones. Seems it also started in 1.1.2 or before.

1 hour ago, electron2059 said:

Thank you. This did solve the decoupling problem. I went back and checked my 1.1.2 backup it did have the issue. I didn't notice it since I didn't use those parts in awhile since was waiting for 1.1.3. 

I do still have the attachment issue with the conical interstages in the VAB. The upper node will attach but the bottom node won't attach to the bottom of the engine to cover it. It only happens on the 3.75m-2m and 5-3.75m ones. Seems it also started in 1.1.2 or before

Ok.  Turned out that those two adapters probably haven't been working at all as interstage adapters for a while.

I've fixed them, will be getting a release soon

5 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Ok.  Turned out that those two adapters probably haven't been working at all as interstage adapters for a while.

I've fixed them, will be getting a release soon

Great. Thanks for looking into it. I started playing back in 1.0.4 with the original KW pack. I think they were working up till 1.0.5, but I don't have a save copy that old to test. 

2 minutes ago, Khatharr said:

Are the bells supposed to be glowing all the time?

Nope.  Try re-installing - remove the KW Rocketry folder and follow the download link in the first post of this thread to re-install it.  Make sure you have the latest ModuleManager (2.6.25).  If that doesn't fix it, read "How to get Support" in my signature, which will tell you how to find and upload KSP's log (which will help us figure out what the problem is).

CKAN is telling me:

"Module KWRocketryRedux has not been found. This may be because it is not compatible with the currently installed version of KSP"

when I try to select either of the KW redux options. My KSP is version 1.1.2.

The problem is that ModuleManager has been delisted from CKAN, and KW depends on Modulemanager

Not much I can do about this right now, have to wait until the CKAN dustup settles.  If it hasn't settled in a day or so, I'll do another release with MM packaged with KW

14 hours ago, Khatharr said:

Okay. I'll go for another manual install for now then.

Looks like that fixed it. Bugger if I know what the problem was before.

Thanks.

Just so you know, ModuleManager is again listed in CKAN, so that KWRocketryRedux is now fully available again

14 hours ago, Khatharr said:

Are the bells supposed to be glowing all the time?

That usually means that ModuleManager isn't installed

13 hours ago, Cornholio said:

Is there a plugin for fuel switching for this KW pack?  I tried ISFS but it only works for stock parts.

Nothing as far as I know, but if you come up with a config, send it to me and I'll include it.  

3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Nothing as far as I know, but if you come up with a config, send it to me and I'll include it.  

Nertea's CryoTanks pack (bundled with Cryo Engines and Kerbal Atomics) includes a wildcard config that applies Interstellar Fuel Switch to all LFO tanks, including the KW tanks. That's what I use whenever I'm not using RealFuels.

5 hours ago, undercoveryankee said:

Nertea's CryoTanks pack (bundled with Cryo Engines and Kerbal Atomics) includes a wildcard config that applies Interstellar Fuel Switch to all LFO tanks, including the KW tanks. That's what I use whenever I'm not using RealFuels.

+1  Thanks!

@linuxgurugamer  Maybe you could include this config in your bundle.  I'm not sure what kind of hoops (if any) you have to jump through to get permission, but definitely something I personally would download every update to work with KW.

Edited by Cornholio