[1.2, 1.3] KW Rocketry Redux 3.1.1.1 released

linuxgurugamer

I have a rather large change to the mod, and before I release it, would like other people to take a look:

You can get it here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/abh0s0mwfi1pouu/KWRocketryRedux-StandardInstall-3.0.25.zip?dl=0

This was a patch submitted by Deimos790 (on github), the changes are:

Patches as promised.
Meant to replace the old patches completely. I kept some of them though, which you'll see.
The only minor change between mine and your version is cost: mine are within spitting distance of your's or exactly equal, but there is slight variation.
I gave up on the OldSchoolFairings. The nodes are spaced out farther than they should be. I started to fix them, but it was taking forever. Added to that is KW's penchant for using "scale" liberally and inconsistently, and it just became a hassle. Not sure anyone uses them anyway.
I "created" some new parts, namely additional SRB nose cones (size 1, 3), and additional petal adapters. The petal adapters didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped (due to diameter issues), so I disabled them and gave the original part TweakScale.

Reverted, too many issues.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Minor complaint: Some Engines are too efficient compared to Stock.

Example: KW Rocketry Vesta VR-9D has both best ASL and VAC Isp...

Its described as upper stage, yet it beats most engines at ASL in its cost/power range and costs less to boot.

On 12/28/2016 at 2:21 AM, Pepethecat said:

Why do almost all engines that arent SRBs are missing?

Like there are 3-5 liquid fuel engines and on the original there was like 3 pages of em.. what happened?

You probably failed to read the install instructions.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a new beta release I need tested:

--------- 

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/KWRocketryRedux/releases/tag/3.1.0.1-beta

The only change between this and the previous standard release is that all standard patches have been merged.  

I developed some automated tools to both merge the patches (modified ModuleManager) and a utility which reads the both the old file and new file, and both copies over any comments which were missing as well as ordering the lines in the new file in the same way as the old file.

Given the changes I'd really like some feedback before I do a full release.  Most important are the engines, they were the most complicated, and I actually found a syntax error in a couple of the old files which caused me no end of headaches.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Feedback on the beta:

In my career I was using the liquid fuel/oxidizer version of the SPS engine and it no longer loads a couple of craft giving a kw2mengineSPSB missing part error. Only the hypergolic version is in the parts list.

Sorry not a bug, but a mm config from an old community parts pack patch

Gonna start a new career anyway to check it out

Edited by OneEyedBob

14 hours ago, OneEyedBob said:

Feedback on the beta:

In my career I was using the liquid fuel/oxidizer version of the SPS engine and it no longer loads a couple of craft giving a kw2mengineSPSB missing part error. Only the hypergolic version is in the parts list.

Sorry not a bug, but a mm config from an old community parts pack patch

Gonna start a new career anyway to check it out

All of the old community parts patches have been removed since they are now merged

The only remaining patches is for the tech tree and another mod (FAR , I think)

Hi linuxgurugamer

first, thank you very much for all your mods out there!

i think i got an issue with your latest download; a vessel wasn't loaded anymore after installing, missing a engine part (a window popped up saying this for KW Rocketry).

i think, it's the part: KW Rocketry Service Module Propulsion System (the only KW part i have on that vessel).

i went back to my older version of KW, and the vessel is here again. if you Need more info, i will update again and tell me what you Need ....

8 hours ago, StarRider said:

Hi linuxgurugamer

i think i got an issue with your latest download; a vessel wasn't loaded anymore after installing, missing a engine part (a window popped up saying this for KW Rocketry).

i think, it's the part: KW Rocketry Service Module Propulsion System (the only KW part i have on that vessel).

i went back to my older version of KW, and the vessel is here again. if you Need more info, i will update again and tell me what you Need ....

You are missing the file: KWPatch-Community-Parts.cfg. It contains the following:

//KWRocketry Kapollo Service Module Engine
$PART[KW2mengineSPS]:NEEDS[KWRocketry]{
      @name = KW2mengineSPSB
    @title = KW Rocketry Service Module Propulsion System  
    @manufacturer = KW Rocketry (Blackleg Industries Version)
    @description = A simple motor for small spacecraft. Built for efficiency in a vacuum.

-MODULE[ModuleAlternator] {}
    -RESOURCE[ElectricCharge] {}

@MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX] {
        -PROPELLANT[MonoPropellant] {}
        PROPELLANT {
            name = LiquidFuel
                ratio = 0.9
            DrawGauge = True
        }
        PROPELLANT {
            name = Oxidizer
            ratio = 1.1
        }
    }
}

//KWRocketry Kapollo Service Module Tank
$PART[KW2mtankL1]:NEEDS[KWRocketry] {
    @name = KW2mtankL1B
    @title = KW Rocketry SB-1 SMT
    @manufacturer = KW Rocketry (Blackleg Industries Version)
    @description = 2.5m Service Module Tank.

RESOURCE {
         name = MonoPropellant
         amount = 200
         maxAmount = 200
    }

@RESOURCE[LiquidFuel] {
         @amount = 648
         @maxAmount = 648
    }

@RESOURCE[Oxidizer] {
        @amount = 792
         @maxAmount = 792
    }

RESOURCE:NEEDS[TacLifeSupport]
    {
        name = Oxygen
        amount = 555.19
        maxAmount = 555.19
    }
}

1 hour ago, OneEyedBob said:

You are missing the file: KWPatch-Community-Parts.cfg. It contains the following:

Those parts were supposed to have been included.  I'll add the cfg right now, and later will redo it adding the actual parts files

Thanks

New release: 3.1.1.1

• Added missing cfg file for new parts
10 hours ago, StarRider said:

Hi linuxgurugamer

@StarRider This should fix it