[1.2, 1.3] KW Rocketry Redux 3.1.1.1 released

linuxgurugamer

With the latest release of KW rocketry (graduated thrust) and the latest versions of Real Fuels and the stockalike configs, all KW engines explode upon separation, I've tested this at altitude under load as well as just running them on the launch pad and then staging them off.  SRBs explode and any parts attached fall to the ground, liquid engines explode and the tank falls to the ground.  I have tested this with several different decouplers and at different ejection forces (including 0).  Even at 0 speed with the main tank attached to a launch clamp, staging and decoupling a part of the ship that has a KW engine will cause that engine to explode, no other parts of that stage are effected. 

Edited by MatrixVirus

59 minutes ago, MatrixVirus said:

With the latest release of KW rocketry (graduated thrust) and the latest versions of Real Fuels and the stockalike configs, all KW engines explode upon separation, I've tested this at altitude under load as well as just running them on the launch pad and then staging them off.  SRBs explode and any parts attached fall to the ground, liquid engines explode and the tank falls to the ground.  I have tested this with several different decouplers and at different ejection forces (including 0).  Even at 0 speed with the main tank attached to a launch clamp, staging and decoupling a part of the ship that has a KW engine will cause that engine to explode, no other parts of that stage are effected. 

It's a bug in RF, it'll be fixed in the next release.  It's not limited to KW Rocketry.

(well, I actually think it's a stock bug where the KSP reports the wrong ambient temperature on a detached vessel for the the first couple of frames after it detaches, but it will be fixed in RF regardless)

Edited by blowfish

1 minute ago, blowfish said:

It's a bug in RF, it'll be fixed in the next release.  It's not limited to KW Rocketry.

(well, I actually think it's a stock bug where the KSP reports the wrong ambient temperature on a detached vessel for the the first couple of frames after it detaches, but it will be fixed in RF regardless)

Thanks for the info! I'm glad it is already known!

1 hour ago, blowfish said:

@Friend0rags I'm actually working on a mod that will bring back the old fairings with some enhancements.  Stay tuned...

Sounds great, the best part of the old KW Fairings was that they really limited the shape and design of your payload. You really had to think hard about how to design your payload to get them to fit in the small fairings. :D 

1 hour ago, Friend0rags said:

awesomeeeeee anything to show?

It's mostly code so nothing too interesting visually, but I will leave this here:

Spoiler

vxipGvk.png

Edited by blowfish

On 3/17/2017 at 1:19 AM, FutureLeak said:

Let me first say, i updated alot of mods for this game for the newer version (~32 in total) I am having issues with components within the assembly buildings

I am having an issue with the mod where my RCS thrusters are not showing up in the VAB or AAH(Aircraft Assembly Hanger?[I think that's right]). Furthermore, there was a sizable amount of pre-constructed ships I had for quite a bit of missions that I cannot use anymore because they are missing the "KW1mNoseCone" I looked in the KW files and found that exact file, I am wondering why I am having this issue. Is there a way to go in and edit the schematics as so i can just use a Squad nosecone to replace it and is there a solve for my RCS issue?

See your PM, also, did you update from a previous version of the game?

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, VaPaL said:

@linuxgurugamer I found a bug that, when you attach a KW tank to a a radial decoupler using rigid attachements the tank fall off. It's not with all the tanks. I know both Soyuz alike and at least one 3,5m does.

Log and craft: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5DeuZPvuq9hNkwyTkh1SVpQTjA

This was done in a game with only KW installed.

what do you mean it falls off?  In flight, on the pad?

A video, or at least a series of pictures is needed

I also would need the output_log.txt

Edited by linuxgurugamer

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

what do you mean it falls off?  In flight, on the pad?

A video, or at least a series of pictures is needed

I also would need the output_log.txt

Sorry for the low quality.

Put the output_log of this video on the same folder: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5DeuZPvuq9hNkwyTkh1SVpQTjA

BTW, why the red glow on the engines? This doesn't happen in my main install

Note: I had forgot to install the response option yesterday, this video is with it and the reduced sound for the clamps installed

Just now, VaPaL said:

First off, i see what's happening, it's probably because they are too heavy for those decouplers, but I'll take a look

What version of KW are you running, and how did you install it?

@linuxgurugamer I thought that too, but it happens with all stock decouplers, and only with rigid attachment on.

Installed the same way of all my mods, took KWRocketry and put it in my GameData folder, took KWRocketry from InstantPowerResponseConfigs and put it into my GamaData (merging with the existing one) and the Squad from ReducedClampSaounds and put into my GameData (also merging and replacing existing files).

So... about the version... :blush:

I saw it wrong yesterday when I checked, my zip is 3.0.24.1, I saw the Editor Extensions Redux (v 3.3.11.1) and this title (v 3.1.1.1) [see the similarity]

I'm downloading v 3.1.2 and will retest. Just in case this fixes it, sorry :(

EDIT: BTW also updating EEX on my main install

EDIT2: why AVC didn't had notified me? I have the full AVC installed on my main install! :huh:

Edited by VaPaL

I was having this same bug last time I was building something.  Things with rigid connect on a radial decoupler, even with autostruts, were not strong enough to hold and required lots of extra struts.  My issues was with SpaceY SRBs though.  

8 minutes ago, eberkain said:

I was having this same bug last time I was building something.  Things with rigid connect on a radial decoupler, even with autostruts, were not strong enough to hold and required lots of extra struts.  My issues was with SpaceY SRBs though.  

So, is a KSP bug then? Or it just goes beyond the limit that KSP was made?

7 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

So, it's not a bug per se, just how things work.

I'm not sure why it falls of with rigid attachment set and stays on when nothing is set, but in this case, use the autostrut option

8 hours ago, VaPaL said:

*Snip*

Sorry for the low quality.

Put the output_log of this video on the same folder: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5DeuZPvuq9hNkwyTkh1SVpQTjA

Note: I had forgot to install the response option yesterday, this video is with it and the reduced sound for the clamps installed

This was happening to me when using some (big) parts from the Shuttle Lifting Body mod AKA the Cormorant Aeronology thread, and the way I understand it, with anything that is massively heavy on the pad/when physics load kicks in.  I mentioned almost literally the same issue over there. Here is a link to the issue and solution.  I had a couple large ships just completely fall apart on the pad when I went to launch them.  So far, without KJR installed, but following the suggestions that were made I have not *yet* had any further issues.

Edited by smotheredrun

ok i dont get the mod to work. how am i supposed to drag the folders into ksp's gamedata folder? kw rocketrys folder is like this: kwrocketry<extras,gamedata changelog and so on. am i supposed to drag in the full kw rocketry folder or the kw rocketry folder thats in game data? because i only get it to work with some engines, but as example this big one which made that mega boom sound i dont have... please someone give me an better instruction that in the mod itself. and i am free to get help over teamviewer or skype. 

hope you can help me

I'm sorry to ask that stupid question but:

Instant power configs means that if I hit the throttel I get imidiate response, like in stock? Got it..

And interstage engine shrouds are a thing I want to have because otherwise I would have to build them with fairings, right?

edit: ^in the pdf there are several files in the "KWCommunityFixes" folder I downloaded both versions from github and in both archives the files don't match the description the file in question "KWPatch-interstage.cfg" simply doesn't exist - I'm confused

Sorry I used this mod years ago and I got slight problems understanding/remebering stuff - English isn't my language.

cheers

Edited by maculator

and did so as it told me and the engines work, but there are only a few of the engines, most of them are missing! This is a common issue I've had before which has put me off it before, anyway to fix this?