[1.2, 1.3] KW Rocketry Redux 3.1.1.1 released

linuxgurugamer

From your log file, I see you are running KSP 1.2.0

Sorry, I can't easily support that, it's too old.

Nothing obvious jumps out at me from the log file.

If you are willing and able, zip up the entire KSP folder and put it somewhere I can get it.  Don't post the link publicly here, send it to me via a PM, and delete it after I've downloaded it.

I'm willing to take a look at it that way.

I have a potential bug/bug fix to suggest for the KW Petal Adapter.

First off, I love KW Rocketry and the Petal Adapter, as I enjoy recreating a Kerbal version the Saturn V :)

I noticed a bug recently when I was setting up my CM / LEM inside the Petal Adapter that while I could undock the LEM from the second-to-bottom node, I could NOT undock my CM from the top. I would set the CM so that the Petal Adapter was connected to the top of the engine, that way the engine was covered by the adapter's shroud and it looked a bit more authentic to the Saturn V. But by doing this, when I hit the decouple button, the engine stayed attached to the adapter and nothing was decoupled.

I took a look at the part config file and noticed there are two attachment nodes at the top, one pointing up (top) and one pointing down (topFDown). The "topFDown" one seems to be the node that lets you attach to the top of the engine (even when the engine is attached to a fuel tank) and the "top" one lets you attach via the engine's bottom attachment node, like you would with a normal decoupler. 

I then checked out the decouple points in the config file, and saw there was a ModuleDecouple for the "top" node, but not one for the "topFDown" node. When I switched the explosiveNodeID from "top" to "topFDown" then when I had the fairing attached at to the top of the engine, with the bell shrouded by the adapter, the decouple button worked as expected. Now if I attached the adapter to the bottom of the engine, it would remain attached, since I guess there was nothing attached to the "top" node any more, only to "topFDown." 

I wonder if some update to "ModuleDecouple" or the way nodes that are located in the same place work, but the fix seems to be making sure the decouple button triggers both a "top" and "topFDown" decouple. I don't really have any experience modding KSP, so I made a "less good" fix by just adding another "ModuleDecouple" module which adds another UI button to decouple the "topFDown" node. Obviously it would be nice to not have another "Decouple" button in the UI that worked no matter how you attached petal adapter.

Does anyone know if you can make a UI button that can trigger two decouple actions, ensuring no matter how the adapter is attached, a successful decouple will occur at the top/topFDown node?

Happy to provide more details / images / etc.

I've released the KW Rocketry Rebalanced, new thread is here:

While this version will continue to be available, I'll be primarily providing support for the Rebalanced version

On 8/14/2017 at 3:34 AM, dustinanglin said:

I have a potential bug/bug fix to suggest for the KW Petal Adapter.

First off, I love KW Rocketry and the Petal Adapter, as I enjoy recreating a Kerbal version the Saturn V :)

I noticed a bug recently when I was setting up my CM / LEM inside the Petal Adapter that while I could undock the LEM from the second-to-bottom node, I could NOT undock my CM from the top. I would set the CM so that the Petal Adapter was connected to the top of the engine, that way the engine was covered by the adapter's shroud and it looked a bit more authentic to the Saturn V. But by doing this, when I hit the decouple button, the engine stayed attached to the adapter and nothing was decoupled.

I took a look at the part config file and noticed there are two attachment nodes at the top, one pointing up (top) and one pointing down (topFDown). The "topFDown" one seems to be the node that lets you attach to the top of the engine (even when the engine is attached to a fuel tank) and the "top" one lets you attach via the engine's bottom attachment node, like you would with a normal decoupler. 

I then checked out the decouple points in the config file, and saw there was a ModuleDecouple for the "top" node, but not one for the "topFDown" node. When I switched the explosiveNodeID from "top" to "topFDown" then when I had the fairing attached at to the top of the engine, with the bell shrouded by the adapter, the decouple button worked as expected. Now if I attached the adapter to the bottom of the engine, it would remain attached, since I guess there was nothing attached to the "top" node any more, only to "topFDown." 

I wonder if some update to "ModuleDecouple" or the way nodes that are located in the same place work, but the fix seems to be making sure the decouple button triggers both a "top" and "topFDown" decouple. I don't really have any experience modding KSP, so I made a "less good" fix by just adding another "ModuleDecouple" module which adds another UI button to decouple the "topFDown" node. Obviously it would be nice to not have another "Decouple" button in the UI that worked no matter how you attached petal adapter.

Does anyone know if you can make a UI button that can trigger two decouple actions, ensuring no matter how the adapter is attached, a successful decouple will occur at the top/topFDown node?

Happy to provide more details / images / etc.

There are reasons I can't remember right now which prevents the petal adapters from doing what you want.

I suggest you watch this video:

On 8/18/2017 at 7:21 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

There are reasons I can't remember right now which prevents the petal adapters from doing what you want.

I have it "fixed" locally by simply removing "top" node and keeping "topFDown" so now it works like it does in the video for me :). Just wondering if there was a smarter way to do it.

Anyways, I'll update on the new thread if I figure out a better solution. I can also share the config file fix that I made if anyone is interested.

• 3 months later...