linuxgurugamer

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Gaaah.

Go to the KW directory:  KWRocketry/Part

Rename FuelTank to Fuel

Case sensitive

sorry ABOUT THAT.

3.0.16 is uploaded with the correct directory name

No big deal. Thanks for everything you do!

Just now, linuxgurugamer said:

CKAN sometimes takes a while to update.  I just checked all the settings, they are correct, so give it until tomorrow

yeah, it sometimes takes 24hours for CKAN to catch updates

That is auto-generated, pulling information in from SpaceDock.

Here is the netkan file, you can see that it doesn't have any version info in it.  I have to go, but if you like, get on the CKAN IRC and ask someone to get it updated:

{
    "spec_version"  : "v1.4",
    "identifier"    : "KWRocketryRedux",
    "$kref"         : "#/ckan/github/linuxgurugamer/KWRocketryRedux",
    "$vref"           : "#/ckan/ksp-avc",
    "license"       : "CC-BY-SA-3.0",
    "name"          : "KW Rocketry Redux",
    "abstract"      : "This is the full KW Rocketry with the Community Fixes included.  Repackaged so that the power configs are selecteable in CKAN",
    "resources" : {
        "homepage"  :   "https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/KWRocketryRedux"
    },
    "depends": [
        { "name" : "ModuleManager" },
        { "name" : "KWRocketryRedux-power" }
    ],
    "conflicts" : [
        { "name" : "KWRocketry" },
        { "name" : "KWRocketry-CommunityFixes" },
        { "name" : "KWRocketry-CommunityFixes-interstage"  }
    ],
    "install"     : [
        {
            "find"    : "KWRocketry/GameData/KWRocketry",
            "install_to": "GameData"
        }
    ]
}

I'm very sorry to bother you again but i think i found another minor problem. I made severall clean installs of KSP 1.2 with latest module manager & KWRocketryRedux-3.0.16, everything is in place, but the cone shaped fuel tanks:
LFTA 2-1
LFTA 2-1 Short
LFTA 3-1
LFTA 3-1 Short
LFTA 3-2
LFTA 3-2 Short
LFTA 5-2
LFTA 5-3
They appear in the engines tab.
can you confirm?

16 minutes ago, PmThay said:

I'm very sorry to bother you again but i think i found another minor problem. I made severall clean installs of KSP 1.2 with latest module manager & KWRocketryRedux-3.0.16, everything is in place, but the cone shaped fuel tanks:
LFTA 2-1
LFTA 2-1 Short
LFTA 3-1
LFTA 3-1 Short
LFTA 3-2
LFTA 3-2 Short
LFTA 5-2
LFTA 5-3
They appear in the engines tab.
can you confirm?

looking into it

nope. cfg file looks fine

Edited by Commissar

30 minutes ago, Commissar said:

looking into it

nope. cfg file looks fine

But i just tried again. I reinstalled KSP 1.2 , ModuleManager-2.7.1 and KWRocketryRedux-3.0.16 . i got the same result, the cone shaped fuel tanks appear in engines tab.

Edited by PmThay

20 minutes ago, PmThay said:

cone shaped fuel tanks appear in engines tab

linuxgurugamer knows, it's a category typo, there are several parts that say category = 0 when it should say category = FuelTank

You can use notepad++ to open all the .cfg files at the same time and search (matching whole word) and replace the category = 0 with category = FuelTank... there should be 8 of them that are actual fuel tanks.

I just tried it and it worked perfectly... but be careful not to replace the ones other than the fuel cones.

20 minutes ago, TheKurgan said:

linuxgurugamer knows, it's a category typo, there are several parts that say category = 0 when it should say category = FuelTank

You can use notepad++ to open all the .cfg files at the same time and search (matching whole word) and replace the category = 0 with category = FuelTank... there should be 8 of them that are actual fuel tanks.

I just tried it and it worked perfectly... but be careful not to replace the ones other than the fuel cones.

Thanks for the reply and the lesson. I've played this game for a long time now but i don't understand nothing of config files and such(and it's also the first time i'm posting something), but i gave it a shoot and found the 8 config files (for the cones) under "GameData\KWRocketry\Parts\Structural\KWFuelAdapter", and as you said changing the '0' to 'FuelTank' did the job.
thank you very much for the tip.
:wink:
:)

I was getting two CKAN alerts about allowing it to update ... just noticed the 3.0.15 zip has a GameData folder inside the KWRocketry folder with the same folder structure inside it?

EDIT :   NVM , been so long since I had to do a fresh install of KW I forgot that's how it's distributed :P

Edited by Mordrehl
I'm a dummy

1 hour ago, PmThay said:

Thanks for the reply and the lesson. I've played this game for a long time now but i don't understand nothing of config files and such(and it's also the first time i'm posting something), but i gave it a shoot and found the 8 config files (for the cones) under "GameData\KWRocketry\Parts\Structural\KWFuelAdapter", and as you said changing the '0' to 'FuelTank' did the job.
thank you very much for the tip.

I am very happy I could help.

I'm sure linuxgurugamer would have fixed it tomorrow, but you get a sense of accomplishment when you fix it yourself. Many of the experienced modders and such may laugh, but for guys like me and PmThay, taking that plunge into the config files can be exciting and rewarding.

Like you, I played the game for a long time before I posted, and quite a while before I started messing with the cfg files... I've learned ALOT over the last few months, and now I know my way around them pretty well.. though I still have much to learn.

Cheers 

30 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Fixed, both the fuel tanks and the engines.

Version 3.0.17

Also, looks like CKAN updated

Thanks for the update.
Thanks  for the work, dedication and time you spent with this excelente mod.
And thanks for the patience you have with all of us.

23 minutes ago, boeing186 said:

Is anybody still getting a strut error? I still can't load the heavy struts from my old builds

This is known on 1.2 - the struts were configured in an old way which got cut out in 1.2, so the parts don't load.