[1.2, 1.3] KW Rocketry Redux 3.1.1.1 released

linuxgurugamer

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Those parts were supposed to have been included.  I'll add the cfg right now, and later will redo it adding the actual parts files

Thanks

New release: 3.1.1.1

• Added missing cfg file for new parts

@StarRider This should fix it

wow, so fast, tyvm - i'll try again ...

Hi there. Firstly, major thanks to everyone involved for maintaining this mod and updating it. Coming back to the game, I'm very glad indeed that it's being kept current, it's one of my favourite mods.

Just wanted to highlight a very minor issue I spotted - in the installation instructions .txt folder that comes with the download of the mod, there's a passage that I believe has an error in it that makes things slightly confusing. It concerns the installation of the graduated power response config. The passage reads as follows;

For the graduated power response on engines 
you have to extract the GameData folder contained within the Extras/GraduatedPowerResponseConfigs 
folder after having previously installed KW Rocketry as above.You should merge and overwrite 
the parts files when prompted and this should mean your engines have instant power response.

(My emphasis)

I'm wondering whether this ought to read 'graduated power response' instead? The same words as here also show up in the section below this one on how to install the instant power response config:

For alteratively (sic) instant power response on engines 
you have to extract the GameData folder contained within the Extras/InstantPowerResponseConfigs 
folder after having previously installed KW Rocketry as above.You should merge and overwrite 
the parts files when prompted and this should mean your engines have instant power response.

Having gone back in the thread a bit I wasn't able to spot anyone else who'd mentioned this. My apologies if I am in fact repeating a known issue.

Edited by xv323

40 minutes ago, xv323 said:

Hi there. Firstly, major thanks to everyone involved for maintaining this mod and updating it. Coming back to the game, I'm very glad indeed that it's being kept current, it's one of my favourite mods.

Just wanted to highlight a very minor issue I spotted - in the installation instructions .txt folder that comes with the download of the mod, there's a passage that I believe has an error in it that makes things slightly confusing. It concerns the installation of the graduated power response config. The passage reads as follows;

(My emphasis)

I'm wondering whether this ought to read 'graduated power response' instead? The same words as here also show up in the section below this one on how to install the instant power response config:

Having gone back in the thread a bit I wasn't able to spot anyone else who'd mentioned this. My apologies if I am in fact repeating a known issue.

You aren't repeating an issue, thank you for the report, and I'll get it fixed.

Hi everyone, 

first, thanks to the autor(s) for this mod, I've been using it since 1.1.3 and I'm having an issue in 1.2.2

as you're speaking about graduate response, I can't get this to work in 1.2.2 .. I don't know what to do, I put the gamedata folder of the extra/... in my gamedata but it isn't working .. Am I doing it wrong ? 

sorry for my english, hope you understand my problem :) thank you 

11 minutes ago, Alex38 said:

Hi everyone, 

first, thanks to the autor(s) for this mod, I've been using it since 1.1.3 and I'm having an issue in 1.2.2

as you're speaking about graduate response, I can't get this to work in 1.2.2 .. I don't know what to do, I put the gamedata folder of the extra/... in my gamedata but it isn't working .. Am I doing it wrong ? 

sorry for my english, hope you understand my problem :) thank you 

I may be able to help with this despite not being associated with the mod's upkeep.

In the download, there are two folders - an 'extras' folder and a 'GameData' folder. All of what's in the GameData folder has to go into the folder called 'GameData' in your KSP folder. The 'extras' folder contains just that - extras which are optional. The 'installation instructions' .txt file that I spoke about earlier, that comes with the download, explains this all step-by-step.

Hope that helps!

17 hours ago, xv323 said:

I may be able to help with this despite not being associated with the mod's upkeep.

In the download, there are two folders - an 'extras' folder and a 'GameData' folder. All of what's in the GameData folder has to go into the folder called 'GameData' in your KSP folder. The 'extras' folder contains just that - extras which are optional. The 'installation instructions' .txt file that I spoke about earlier, that comes with the download, explains this all step-by-step.

Hope that helps!

Yep thanks but I know that, it's just that I've putted the "graduatepower" folder of the "extra" section into my gamedata ksp.. but It doesn't seems to work :/

Edited by Alex38

28 minutes ago, after_shock_1991 said:

I just noticed that the thrust limiter isn't working on the Globe X SRB, I tested a couple of other KW SRBs and they seem to also have this issue, anyone else had this problem? 

I think they all have minThrust set, so the thrust limiter will still work, just not the way you expect it to.  In the case of the Globe X maxThrust is 614 and minThrust is 312 (about half).  So if you set the thrust limiter to zero it will have about half of its original thrust, if you set it to 50% you will get about 75% thrust.

16 minutes ago, blowfish said:

I think they all have minThrust set, so the thrust limiter will still work, just not the way you expect it to.  In the case of the Globe X maxThrust is 614 and minThrust is 312 (about half).  So if you set the thrust limiter to zero it will have about half of its original thrust, if you set it to 50% you will get about 75% thrust.

Ahh, that makes sense. Thanks for the quick reply :) 

@linuxgurugamer, I had a few minutes this morning to do - well nothing really - so I decided to actually scan over the whole host of mods you're now maintaining/developing/just generally being a nice guy to them, and holy #$&@!!!!  that is a lot!  Thank you, sir.  You and the many other modders dedication and willingness to put up with the "demands" that this community places on you guys is astounding.

will* speak for the rest of the community and say "We all really appreciate your efforts!"

* Many of my posts in one thread in particular state "I will not speak an "x" user's behalf

Hi ! 

I still got the problem I mentioned earlier, the graduate power response doesn't work, I tried to manually place the configs files for each engines of the graduate power response gamedata/...  to the KW/parts/engines ksp gamedata directory but it just doesn't want to work.. 

any ideas on what I'm doing wrong ? 

in 1.1.3 I remember it worked just fine but somehow I can't get this to work now .. 

Edited by Alex38

I didn't follow instructions because when it says "merge the KW rocketry gamedata, of the Extra folder, into your gamedata" it doesn't work on mac, I can only replace ou cancel... I can't merge

So I decided to manually place every single .cfg files of the Extra/graduate/.. folder into every engines in my Kw rocketry folder ( and of course the config match the name of the engine)  but it doesn't work.. 

for the log, you want me to put it here ? I don't know how to do that actually I'm quite new on this forum ^^ 

edit : I may have found the merge option ! On mac you need to hold the "option" key while you drag and drop the folder ! so it may have worked this time :cool:

Edited by Alex38
edit

52 minutes ago, blowfish said:

@Alex38 you can just copy the contents of one into the other.  None of the subfolders need to be merged.

Yes I know but when I did that it doesn't work :( but right now it seems to work I'm not quite sure but thanks for your help guys :) 

8 minutes ago, Alex38 said:

Yes I know but when I did that it doesn't work :( but right now it seems to work I'm not quite sure but thanks for your help guys :) 

Doesn't work how?  Doesn't work as in you aren't able to do it or doesn't work as in you did it and KSP won't start?  And exactly what error message do you get?

24 minutes ago, blowfish said:

Doesn't work how?  Doesn't work as in you aren't able to do it or doesn't work as in you did it and KSP won't start?  And exactly what error message do you get?

Oh no no! nothing like that, I talk about the graduate power response, in-game ! sorry for the misunderstanding :) 

When I ignited the engines, the power came nearly instantly ! So I though I installed the file the wrong way, but I managed to get the merge button on mac and I tested earlier, that's fine now, so no problems :)  thanks again for the help !

I searched some pages but no found similar problem or question. Some decouplers and all structural adapters separate on both sides. Examples: Adapter 3.25 > 2.5, 5 > 3.25, decoupler 5m, etc.

If this is intentional, could provide an optional file to no longer happen? This did not exist before, as well as second engine service module liquid fuel + oxidizer for example.

Thanks!

Edited by Phoenyx

On 2/1/2017 at 4:59 PM, Phoenyx said:

I searched some pages but no found similar problem or question. Some decouplers and all structural adapters separate on both sides. Examples: Adapter 3.25 > 2.5, 5 > 3.25, decoupler 5m, etc.

If this is intentional, could provide an optional file to no longer happen? This did not exist before, as well as second engine service module liquid fuel + oxidizer for example.

Thanks!

Need a log file, the functionality of the parts didn't change.

and your comment about the 2nd engine doesn't make sense.

The initial release of 3.1 was missing a file which provided a couple of new parts, among them a service module, I think.  You might be  missing that, try downloaded the current version.

Question of the 1.25m Stack Decoupler (low profile no fuel transfer) vs the TR-18A.

Is the weight so high because of the 3400K Temp rating (Made of tungsten)? its 5x the weight of the larger TR-18A.

Very nice model for it.  Makes me cry in RSS for lost dV. Suppose I should use it as a rocket blast diverter plate between stages with engine on immediately.