[1.2, 1.3] KW Rocketry Redux 3.1.1.1 released

linuxgurugamer

Hey @linuxgurugamer got good and bad news :P

That issue with the game crashing was stock only and has gone.

However found another issue:

Both the large fin and the Griffon Century Wing throw constant exceptions when picked up (and continue when placed). This only happens when both FAR and Dynamic Controls are installed. So not entirely sure if its KW or one of the other 2 mods at fault but thought I'd mention it here first.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26687/output_logWing.txt

This was on KSP 1.1.2 (but was happening on the other versions)

Clean install with only the 3 mods.

1 hour ago, Sampa said:

ok, I am getting a problem here...there are NO 5.0 m rocket engines

also, there are no quad engines

All the 5m and quad engines are showing fine for me. 

10 minutes ago, Sampa said:

wierd... wonder why mine are missing...

Delete your PartDatabase.cfg and let KSP regenerate it. I noticed something similar when I first installed the mod. This trick cleared it up.

1 hour ago, Torih said:

Hey @linuxgurugamer got good and bad news :P

That issue with the game crashing was stock only and has gone.

However found another issue:

Both the large fin and the Griffon Century Wing throw constant exceptions when picked up (and continue when placed). This only happens when both FAR and Dynamic Controls are installed. So not entirely sure if its KW or one of the other 2 mods at fault but thought I'd mention it here first.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26687/output_logWing.txt

This was on KSP 1.1.2 (but was happening on the other versions)

Clean install with only the 3 mods.

All the 5m and quad engines are showing fine for me. 

That's great news.

I'll look at those, but since this is only a part mod, I don't see how it could be here.  Please contact the authors of the other mods about this

48 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

That's great news.

I'll look at those, but since this is only a part mod, I don't see how it could be here.  Please contact the authors of the other mods about this

It's a problem in Dynamic_Controls.  I posted in that forum about this

6 minutes ago, Sampa said:

and even that failed.  I am starting to lose hope of EVER seeing those engines again.

how did you install KWRedux?

And which engine config did you install?

The problem you are describing almost sounds like you might not be installing the Power Response Configs.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

here is a picture...I simply dragged it into the Game data folder from the zip file provided:

yblz4jX.png

Also, I did not fully read instructions, let me go try again with the changes...also, do you know, by any chance, if the older shell fairings still work?  Will I need to make too many changes to make work?

Just now, Sampa said:

here is a picture...I simply dragged it into the Game data folder from the zip file provided:

yblz4jX.png

Also, I did not fully read instructions, let me go try again with the changes...also, do you know, by any chance, if the older shell fairings still work?  Will I need to make too many changes to make work?

If you only dragged it in, then the engines WILL NOT WORK!!!

You need to also install one of the power response configs, in the Extras directory

The fairings all work

Just now, Sampa said:

and yes, I have the most up to date version because I only downloaded it today

Like I said, your problem is that you didn't install the power reponse config, and therefore the engines will not work or be available

Might it be an idea to include one of the configs as default, and the 2nd set leave in the extras for those who want. They can just overwrite the default ones. Since I bet most people don't read install instructions :P