[1.2, 1.3] KW Rocketry Redux 3.1.1.1 released

linuxgurugamer

Ive found a minor typo in one of the .cfgs for this mod. I've noticed that one of extra parts in the OldFARFairings folder is misplaced in the tech tree. I assume that both the regular and the expanded 2.5m fairing cones were meant to be unlocked with the Supersonic flight tech.

Line 19  in the part2m.cfg in the KW12mFairingCone folder is this:

TechRequired = flightControl

when it should be

TechRequired = supersonicFlight

Edit: I am running community Tech tree if that affects anything.

Edited by Rabada

Hi, Thanks for great mod.

but when I upgrade to 1.1.2 I got kw2mtankl1b part missing. I had tried delete and install this mod from fresh (from CKAN and gitHub) but no luck.

Could you take to look? Thanks

13 hours ago, Chiendv said:

Hi, Thanks for great mod.

but when I upgrade to 1.1.2 I got kw2mtankl1b part missing. I had tried delete and install this mod from fresh (from CKAN and gitHub) but no luck.

Could you take to look? Thanks

I was having similar problems. Double check that your Module Manager is at the updated version.

1 hour ago, jordanjay29 said:

I was having similar problems. Double check that your Module Manager is at the updated version.

Maybe that is mine problem. I was get it working by delete and re-install all of the mods.

One more time, Thank @linuxgurugamer for very useful and clear mod

On 5/4/2016 at 4:45 PM, Rabada said:

Ive found a minor typo in one of the .cfgs for this mod. I've noticed that one of extra parts in the OldFARFairings folder is misplaced in the tech tree. I assume that both the regular and the expanded 2.5m fairing cones were meant to be unlocked with the Supersonic flight tech.

Line 19  in the part2m.cfg in the KW12mFairingCone folder is this:

TechRequired = flightControl

when it should be

TechRequired = supersonicFlight

Edit: I am running community Tech tree if that affects anything.

That isn't a typo, but it may be a config change.

I'm making the change, but not going to release right now.

Thanks

Edited by linuxgurugamer

@linuxgurugamer

Small typo:

Wildcat XR Engine (3.75m) part name is "KW3mengineWildcarXR" instead of cat, yet the patch (KWPatch.cfg) points to the correct spelling of "KW3mengineWildcatXR".

Cheers (thanks again for all your work on this mod and all the others, it forms the back bone of my armada).

3 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

@linuxgurugamer

Small typo:

Wildcat XR Engine (3.75m) part name is "KW3mengineWildcarXR" instead of cat, yet the patch (KWPatch.cfg) points to the correct spelling of "KW3mengineWildcatXR".

Cheers (thanks again for all your work on this mod and all the others, it forms the back bone of my armada).

Thanks

7 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Craft file, list of all installed mods are needed.

Thanks

Here is a link to a folder with the KSP log, craft file and a screenshot of all my mods:

https://mega.nz/#F!vxFiBKhJ!QXb0J_6oVFLYZqHhPdOysg

Here is also a link to a video of how the fins behave during flight before snapping off:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYcpBcUUMaw

Thanks for the help 

Just released 3.0.5

-Fixed techrequired for the KW12mFairingCone
-Fixed typo in 3mWildcatXR/part.cfg
-Fixed MM patch to avoid problems when FAR isn't installed.  FOR makes ModuleManager think that the mod exists (should be NEEDS). Also added to the KWRocketry pass.

I ran into this...

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 64)

RCSBlock added to ship - part count: 83

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 64)

Clearing undo states from #24 forward (1 entries)

Cannot find fx group of that name for decoupler

deleting part KW3mFairingPFE

deleting part KW2mFairingPFE

Crash!!!

1 hour ago, Eskandare said:

I ran into this...

RCSBlock added to ship - part count: 83

Clearing undo states from #24 forward (1 entries)

deleting part KW3mFairingPFE

deleting part KW2mFairingPFE

Crash!!!

A little more info, please. The complete log would be helpful, as well as the craft file and/or description of the ship.

Thanks

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 5:00 AM, Saylorock93 said:

What about engines becoming red hot for no reason in vab?

Is there a patch/fix for this? Because I also have the same problem.

I get the decoupler fx bug on every decoupler, and I don;t even use KW rocketry decouplers.

Also, I've never seen the engine bug in the VAB, but it reminds me of decouplers firing off  their effects when something in their configs is borked and you're getting NRE spam. Best I can think of. Should probably post a log.

On 5/14/2016 at 11:46 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

A little more info, please. The complete log would be helpful, as well as the craft file and/or description of the ship.

Thanks

The message "Cannot find fx group of that name for decoupler"  is likely from code that used to work one way in 0.21 or something, and no longer works that way, but the line is still there for that part and therefore you get a warning. It can probably be ignored in THIS case. It looks like the some of the fairing don't even have the  fx group.

I'll work on adding it, for now, just ignore those messages

21 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

The message "Cannot find fx group of that name for decoupler"  is likely from code that used to work one way in 0.21 or something, and no longer works that way, but the line is still there for that part and therefore you get a warning. It can probably be ignored in THIS case. It looks like the some of the fairing don't even have the  fx group.

I'll work on adding it, for now, just ignore those messages

I just released 3.0.7 which fixes these messages.

Now, when I load a game with KW, there aren't any of those messages in the log.

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I just released 3.0.7 which fixes these messages.

Now, when I load a game with KW, there aren't any of those messages in the log.

What was the fix? This is a common benign error I see from a lot of mods I'd like to patch up myself so I don't have to keep ignoring them while searching the log for new errors

8 hours ago, Gaiiden said:

What was the fix? This is a common benign error I see from a lot of mods I'd like to patch up myself so I don't have to keep ignoring them while searching the log for new errors

From the changelog:

- Added missing FX info to some fairings
    - Renamed FX from deploy to decouple in some fairings

The following lines were either missing or had an old name:

fx_gasBurst_white = 0.0, 0.3, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, decouple
    sound_vent_large = decouple

KW had the old status of "deploy" instead of "decouple"

You can read more about the FX definitions at this page: http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/CFG_File_Documentation#FX_definitions

Keep in mind that this documentation is old, and is not totally accurate.