Ok, I have not really played KSP 1.1 all that much since it came out, frankly been busy with culinary school, but, I just noticed something that I just cannot get around. The nav ball is HUGE. I need to shrink it down but the only option I see is UI and that shrinks the entire UI down to the point reading it is painful. Sure, setting the UI slider to 80% gets the nav ball where I need it size wise, but, again, the rest of the UI becomes too painful to read. Before its even suggested, I do not have nor do I use module manager as I am not a coder and cannot write script. Anyway to fix just the nav ball's size only? I swear the used to be an option for this in prior versions of KSP, or am I just being blind? Any help welcome :) Thanks in advance guys!

Here are some pictures: First is from some versions ago, but, since its a picture of the UI against the pad, it is the "control" image: 
os6CPD8.png
as you see, its a decent sized Nav Ball, not too big, not too small. Fit my needs just right. 

Next, the current sized 1.1 Nav Ball against the pad:
ZXjxauw.png
This thing is far far far far too large. How do I make it smaller like in the NEXT picture with out shrinking the rest of the UI to the point of physically hurting me, which, text that small does hurt my eyes.

Here is the UI reduced via the slider to 80%, it gets the nav ball to the right size, but again, it has made the rest of the UI soo small as to be painful:
7KFg3AI.png
As you see, the NavBall is the right size, but now all the text is obscenely small. I KNOW there USED to be a way to tweak JUST the nav balls size, but now, that seems gone. I need help, please help me.

Edited by AlamoVampire

4 hours ago, mythbusters844 said:

It was a new "gameplay enhancement" of 1.1 that was presumably a change that was for consoles which wasn't changed back for the PC version. You can use this mod to scale it down.

Yeah, I tried MakeItSmall and it does exactly what it says on the box. Just drop the .dll into the plugins folder, then press alt-U when controlling a ship.

Unfortunately it doesn't help the whole issue of awful text legibility throughout the 1.1 UI, but it can help for just the NavBall.

19 hours ago, RA3236 said:

What's your display res?

Mine is 1920x1080 and not experienced this issue so far.

in game resolution is set to 1280X800. I can try your resolution before I go with the mod suggested by @mythbusters844 but i fear at your resolution the text may be the same size as if i shrunk the UI to 80% with the slider. I am needless to say furious that the desktop version has a UI designed to be run on a bloody TELEVISION SET instead of a monitor. I am further enraged by the fact I may need a MOD just to return the UI to a REASONABLE SIZE. What in the &&&& was squad thinking with this DIS-enhancement. it has trashed my quality of life on this game at this time. I will return after trying the 1920X1080 with results.

EDIT----------------------

@RA3236 YOU! Id shake your hand if I could! I will need to adjust and get used to everything on the UI being smaller, but, the portraits and the nav ball are back to a size that is not taking up like a third of my screen. Thank all of you for your suggestions. I am relieved that I do not need to run a mod for something that A should not be a part of the non console variants and B that still should have a slider for the various components of the UI.

To any moderator: I cannot find the marker to mark this as ANSWERED, will you please tick that box for me? Thanks!

Edited by AlamoVampire

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.