TAC Life Support not working?

I installed TAC Life Support exactly like it said and I'm experienced with installing mods for a lot of games so I'm for sure it is up to date and installed correctly.  However, my kerbals aren't using any resources and I don't have that little green button on the top to look at the resource usage.  I have all the parts like the canisters and everything but It just wont work.  I have looked all over for a solution but I cant find one.  The mod says you need module manager but I thought that was just for people who are creating the mods.  Plus I don't know what to do with the ModuleManager.dll, I just put it into my main KSP directory but TAC still didn't work after that.

Which version of TAC-LS do you use?

The one in the opening posting? This is only for KSP 1.0.5. and doesn´t work in KSP 1.1 (which is why the thread still has the 1.0.5.-Tag)

Unfortunately the creator of this (and other) mod/s is quitting KSP due to RL ... therefore it will take some time till his successor will create an official version of TAC LS for KSP 1.1

Meanwhile there is a workaround created by someone else (dunno how well it works, but according to some people it is functional):

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.