tetryds

[1.2.1] Mouse Aim Flight (1.1.1) - Pilot airplanes with your mouse!

Recommended Posts

On 7/14/2018 at 12:47 AM, tetryds said:

I have no idea why my mod is on CKAN at all, I never allowed that in the first place.

... blink.gif ... awcrap.gif ... shakehead.gif ...

5 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

... if you dont want it on CKAN ...

crybaby.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/23/2016 at 3:17 AM, tetryds said:

Changelog:


v1.1.2
Ported to KSP 1.3

@tetryds

Two things:

First, the recommended convention on the forums is to keep the title of the thread updated with the latest version the mod is available for. The title says 1.2.1, yet it seems you updated it for 1.3

Second, and this is a personal recommendation, for something like this, which interacts with the game mechanics, I personally prefer to have a recomiled version for each major version of KSP.  Because of this, I can't even consider trying this mod on 1.4

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The BDAc team has reached out to @tetryds  to inquire about assuming support for this mod.  Given that portions of the code are based on BDA, and the fact that we are now maintaining a range of BDA based mods with permission, it makes sense that we should assume continuing support.  As soon as we hear back from @tetryds (assuming he approves) we will be releasing a KSP 1.4.x compatible version.

Edited by Papa_Joe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/18/2018 at 6:42 AM, Papa_Joe said:

The BDAc team has reached out to @tetryds  to inquire about assuming support for this mod.  Given that portions of the code are based on BDA, and the fact that we are now maintaining a range of BDA based mods with permission, it makes sense that we should assume continuing support.  As soon as we hear back from @tetryds (assuming he approves) we will be releasing a KSP 1.4.x compatible version.

That'd be great. I've just started getting back into KSP after a year and I'm missing this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure if it's 1.4 that's causing it, but when I use MAF now, my plane rolls from side to side constantly and increasingly severe. I don't recall it ever being an issue before, and it certainly doesn't do it with regular control, and obviously I can't use SAS to prevent it, so I'm at a loss. Has anyone experienced this and can name a solution, or do I have to wait and hope that the BDAc team pick it up and release a 1.4 compatible version?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/1/2018 at 1:37 AM, doxlulzem said:

I'm not sure if it's 1.4 that's causing it, but when I use MAF now, my plane rolls from side to side constantly and increasingly severe. I don't recall it ever being an issue before, and it certainly doesn't do it with regular control, and obviously I can't use SAS to prevent it, so I'm at a loss. Has anyone experienced this and can name a solution, or do I have to wait and hope that the BDAc team pick it up and release a 1.4 compatible version?

did you came up with something ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm really no good at flying without this. Stock controlls are too jittery and joysticks aren't my jive. Is there any other mod I can use for mouse controlled flight?

Edited by Tricky14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Tricky14 said:

I'm really no good at flying without this. Stock controlls are to jittery and joysticks aren't my jive. Is there any other mod I can use for mouse controlled flight?

There's a couple options in stock KSP and another mod that might help.

Press the Caps-Lock key to toggle precision controls on and off.  Instead of your WSADQE key presses immediately forcing the pitch, yaw, and/or roll to maximum, they'll slowly ramp up, allowing short key-presses for fine adjustment.

There's also trim controls on all three axes, pitch, yaw, roll.  Trim shifts the zero point of the controls away from its default (control surfaces in default positions).

Apply trim by using the [Mod] key (on Windows it's the Alt key) with the WSADQE keys.   From the KSP Wiki's article on Key bindings:

Mod + W/S/A/D/Q/E Trim pitch/yaw/roll 0.15.0  
Mod + X Reset trim 0.15.0

Trim really only needs to be used with pitch (Mod+S, Mod+W, Mod+X) to maintain level flight.  Mod+S pulls back on the stick until the aircraft is either flying level or ascending or descending at about the rate desired.  Mod+W to reduce the pitch trim and Mod+X to reset trim if needed.

There's also the mod TAC Sticky Controls that acts like trim.

 

 

Edited by Jacke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Tricky14 said:

I'm really no good at flying without this. Stock controlls are to jittery and joysticks aren't my jive. Is there any other mod I can use for mouse controlled flight?

Atmosphere Autopilot also offers a mouse-yoke option, but I've not used it or this mod so I can offer no comparison.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jacke said:

Press the Caps-Lock key to toggle precision controls on and off.  Instead of your WSADQE key presses immediately forcing the pitch, yaw, and/or roll to maximum, they'll slowly ramp up, allowing short key-presses for fine adjustment.

I did not know you could do that. I'm not sure if I can do enough with that to fly, but I'll certainly give it a fair shot. Thanks.

9 hours ago, JH4C said:

Atmosphere Autopilot also offers a mouse-yoke option, but I've not used it or this mod so I can offer no comparison.

 

I hadn't heard of that, I'll check it out. Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/24/2018 at 10:14 AM, Tricky14 said:

I'm really no good at flying without this. Stock controlls are too jittery and joysticks aren't my jive. Is there any other mod I can use for mouse controlled flight?

Is MAF not working on the latest version of KSP?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually, it's working again. I ran the game with some serious mod conflicts for a while without realizing it. Fixed all that now, MAF is fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2018 at 12:50 AM, tetryds said:

Is MAF not working on the latest version of KSP?

nope. not really. a recompile for 1.4 and 1.5 would be really nice.. I'm trying to dogfight a MiG-21 with guns in an F-35, and I can't really do anything because his aim is too good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Bitrefresh said:

nope. not really. a recompile for 1.4 and 1.5 would be really nice.. I'm trying to dogfight a MiG-21 with guns in an F-35, and I can't really do anything because his aim is too good.

Is it not working at all or is it not working "well"?

Because that may be more about your craft. If the mouse flight works, its working as it should.

If it simply does not work then it needs a recompile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tetryds said:

Is it not working at all or is it not working "well"?

Because that may be more about your craft. If the mouse flight works, its working as it should.

If it simply does not work then it needs a recompile.

I shouldve been more clear. Trying to dogfight a MiG-21 is next to impossible when you cant aim with the mouse. the mod doesnt seem to work. I'll clear my KSP gamedata and try again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright update, after reinstalling all of my mods along with MAF, it does work. and it works relatively well at that. Sorry for the trouble or confusion. o7.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Bitrefresh said:

Alright update, after reinstalling all of my mods along with MAF, it does work. and it works relatively well at that. Sorry for the trouble or confusion. o7.

No problem, just checking if it "actually works at all". In case it does not I will do at least the bare minimum to keep it alive, that's for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2019 at 1:04 PM, Modding Maniac said:

So im guessing this mod is dead

Nope, just like I mentioned earlier, if it needs a recompile or anything just let me know and I'll keep it working :)

Edited by tetryds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, tetryds said:

Nope, just like I mentioned earlier, if it needs a recompile or anything just let me know and I'll keep it working :)

oh! thats awsome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/22/2019 at 10:53 PM, tetryds said:

Nope, just like I mentioned earlier, if it needs a recompile or anything just let me know and I'll keep it working :)

It would be very much appreciated. The stability and maneuverablity is kind of choppy in the newer versions of KSP. Flight isn't as smooth and enjoyable as other videos I've seen in older versions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/28/2019 at 6:30 PM, Sticky3002 said:

It would be very much appreciated. The stability and maneuverablity is kind of choppy in the newer versions of KSP. Flight isn't as smooth and enjoyable as other videos I've seen in older versions

You have way too much control, much more than you need.

Also, try using FAR, will work much better with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still works in 1.7 but the roll is too sensitive on planes and you get a bad wobble.

A simple fix for this is to remove roll functions on some of your rudders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, jrolson said:

Still works in 1.7 but the roll is too sensitive on planes and you get a bad wobble.

A simple fix for this is to remove roll functions on some of your rudders.

Yes, you probably have very short wings, which makes your airplane very roll-happy.

Glad that you figured out a way to adapt your aircraft to use MAF :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

When I started using this mod I just simply found something isn't right about this mod, until I accidentially found this: https://github.com/brihernandez/MouseFlight

It seems that to get the feelings right when controlling an aircraft using mouse, your camera should always follow the mouse position with a slight delay.

And then I did some small modification to your code, and then got this result:

Spoiler

(youtube decided my video can't have 1080p so sorry for that video quality...)

I feel the control got way more natual since I don't need to move my camera postion, and should really be a part of the mod.

However since my major isn't CS and I only learned a little programming by myself, so the modification is really sluggish and I don't think they are good enough to open a pull request on github. What should I do now?

Edited by Miracle Magician

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.