tetryds

[1.2.1] Mouse Aim Flight (1.1.1) - Pilot airplanes with your mouse!

On 5/2/2019 at 12:40 AM, Miracle Magician said:

However since my major isn't CS and I only learned a little programming by myself, so the modification is really sluggish and I don't think they are good enough to open a pull request on github. What should I do now?

Open a pull request on Github :D

Posted (edited)

Actually to make my version of code work I have to disable pitchYawOverrideMouseAim, making WS and QE keys unable to function, so I was wondering whether I should PR on github or not..

I have some idea about how to solve this, don't merge my PR and lemme do some extra coding... maybe I'll open a new PR a few days later

I did some changes to the code to make key control functions more like War Thunder, when pitch/yaw buttons get pressed, MAF will try to keep the plane stable, while maxing/minizing that axis (English is not my native language, so it's a little hard to express exactly what I mean...)

Edited by Miracle Magician

17 hours ago, Miracle Magician said:

I did some changes to the code to make key control functions more like War Thunder, when pitch/yaw buttons get pressed, MAF will try to keep the plane stable, while maxing/minizing that axis (English is not my native language, so it's a little hard to express exactly what I mean...)

I have reviewed your pull request, we can continue discussing over there :)

Posted (edited)

I'm addicted to this mod since it came out. It works just fine in KSP 1.7.1.

However, there is no target indicator and no 'mouse circle' in KSP 1.7.3. You are able to enable MAF and the aircrafts react like they should, but there's no visual display where the mouse and nose are pointing at.

EDIT: My mistake. Had MAF 1.1.1 installed, MAF 1.1.2 works just fine.

Edited by Mr.DingALing

Although it's a real treat to fly planes now, I noticed a little inconvenience. ;) If you want to switch Flight Mode (from normal to cruise for instance) the game freezes and makes a full stop. You can continue by hitting esc and resume game. This only happens the first time when switching modes.

After resuming the game MAF runs like a clockwork and you are good to go :prograde:

15 hours ago, Mr.DingALing said:

Although it's a real treat to fly planes now, I noticed a little inconvenience. ;) If you want to switch Flight Mode (from normal to cruise for instance) the game freezes and makes a full stop. You can continue by hitting esc and resume game. This only happens the first time when switching modes.

After resuming the game MAF runs like a clockwork and you are good to go :prograde:

That is so very weird, will look into that later, a recompile probably fixes it.

Found the issue, it's using ScreenMessages which was probably either moved or deprecated, should be an easy fix.

On 7/15/2019 at 11:27 AM, Mr.DingALing said:

I'm addicted to this mod since it came out. It works just fine in KSP 1.7.1.

However, there is no target indicator and no 'mouse circle' in KSP 1.7.3. You are able to enable MAF and the aircrafts react like they should, but there's no visual display where the mouse and nose are pointing at.

EDIT: My mistake. Had MAF 1.1.1 installed, MAF 1.1.2 works just fine.

I have the same problem with 1.1.2. Fresh KSP install, no other mod. Only difference is that I've got the game installed over GOG rather than Steam now.